Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent defender, in par with Vert and Toby. Excellent footballer, will improve the team specially if Toby is leaving, good buy. Poch will make him even better.

We've been linked with Bristol City's Lloyd Kelly today as a potential long term Vertonghen replacement

20 years old,6'3, left footed, can slot in at left back too

If I'm talking football manager terms, the dream based on our circumstances would be:

Ins:
Atal
Wan-Bissaka
De Ligt/ Andersen
Gomes
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Grealish

Outs:
Trippier
Aurier
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Nkoudou
Janssen

Keep Llorente for another year and ease Parrott into the first team squad/ bench action come the turn of the year, give KWP, Skipp & Edwards year long loans away after tying Marcus down on a 3 year deal.

Lloris
Atal
De Ligt/ Andersen
Vertonghen
Rose
Gomes
Ndombele
Eriksen
Dele
Son
Kane

Backup/ rotation XI

Gazzaniga
Wan-Bissaka
Sanchez
Foyth
Sessegnon
Dier
Winks
Sissoko
Grealish
Lamela
Lucas

Llorente & Davies to beef the numbers up. That's the Football Manager dream. If all else fails in my Sports Interactive simulation world and we couldn't attract De Ligt, ship Joachim Andersen in and all would be hunky dory. Incredible, eye watering depth. Anyone got a spare £250m hanging about the place at all? :kanegoal:

Now back to work :pochunimpressed:

I'm thinking

Trippier 17m
Aurier 15m
Wanyama 7m
Lamela 12m
nkodou 5m
Janssen 5m
Llorente free

so a little over 60m if we're lucky.

That's the minimum to expect I guess. But I think Levy can get 25 mill for Trippier depending on where he goes (Man Utd have been mentioned) about 15 mill for Wanyama and definitely over 20 mill for Lamela from a Spanish or Italian club. Janssen 5 mill? Levy will have to stomach a loss but not that much

So for those players we could potentially raise 80-90 mill imo

If we are dumping Lamela, Llorente and Janssen, we will need to bring in at least two forward players. I doubt we will buy another pure striker to sit on the bench - someone like Son/Lucas who can rotate in and play out wide or up top is much more likely, plus an out-and-out winger.

I could see Sessegnon being the winger because of his flexibility.

Don't know who the the other CF/W would be.

I really don't think we're going to be able to do much by just selling the unwanted players we have. The ones we want to offload are injury prone or not good enough.

There has to be a fresh injection of funds if we are to buy anyone decent and ENIC has to invest, or we sell Eriksen and Toby.

Obviously we don't know what Eriksen wants to do but I hope ENIC are not relying on selling him to fund our transfer dealings.

I really don't think we're going to be able to do much by just selling the unwanted players we have. The ones we want to offload are injury prone or not good enough.

There has to be a fresh injection of funds if we are to buy anyone decent and ENIC has to invest, or we sell Eriksen and Toby.

Obviously we don't know what Eriksen wants to do but I hope ENIC are not relying on selling him to fund our transfer dealings.
Levy will just have to take a loss. Just get them off the payroll

Not good enough for Spurs is still good enough for 99% of professional football. Levy has proven himself astute at offloading assets and maximizing the return. £11 million for Dembele whose contract was ending this summer. He got £18m for Kevin Wimmer two years ago. £16m for Bentaleb and £13m for Chadli and Mason before that. Levy didn't have much leverage in any of those transfers.

A lot of these players that we want gone could do quite well in a different setup and league (Wanyama/Lamela in Italy, for instance). The thing we need is Levy to spend money first, then offload second. It would be nice to have our business finished this summer prior to the preseason tour.

I had heard that Levy was already committed to spending up to 150 million this window. That was before we made the CL final and have even more funds to play with. If we sell Eriksen on top of this, it seems like we'll have money to play with. Although, we need to start raising the wages of some of our existing players before we'll be able to really start offering world-class footballers Tottenham contracts.

It will be a lot of player to offload, considering Eriksen, Toby, Janssen, Vorm, Nkoudou and Llorente are pretty much gone. Apart from this players think that maybe we would try to sell Trippier, Lamela and Wanyama, but this 3 aren't certain. Think Sessegnon will come to take Lamela's place as AM, also he can be a winger in a 4-4-2 or even WB. So, we would still need and Eriksen and Toby substitutes asap. Guessing Andersen will be Toby replacement and maybe Ndombele Eriksen's, in case we change to 4-3-3. In that case the other player we should be after would be a DM.

Back
Top Bottom