Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's valued at 45 million euros on transfer market.
That doesn't mean that much, Sissoko is valued at £16m @ transfermarkt.co.uk, zero chance that we will selll him for it. Wan-Bissaka is valued at £22m, yet you have to pay at least double that amount if you want to sign him.

An we all know that Leicester won't sell Maquire for £40m

Last edited:
Signing players that have already played and done well in the PL is the easiest and least risky way to improve.

Sessegnon doesn't even need to move house, he'll settle in immediately.......the more glamorous South American teenager will probably hate London and ask to leave after a month
Yeah, as I said, I'm not opposed to Sessegnon coming, I just don't like splash in two backup options. Sessegnon is young, talented, can play in lots of positions, have experience an is homegrown. I really thinks he can help us a lot. So would do Gomes, but he's not brilliant and not homegrown, plus, will probably cost a lot. Think we should be more careful buying foreigners. Gomes will help the squad, no doubt, but we can find better players than him for the same amount probably.

Yeah, as I said, I'm not opposed to Sessegnon coming, I just don't like splash in two backup options. Sessegnon is young, talented, can play in lots of positions, have experience an is homegrown. I really thinks he can help us a lot. So would do Gomes, but he's not brilliant and not homegrown, plus, will probably cost a lot. Think we should be more careful buying foreigners. Gomes will help the squad, no doubt, but we can find better players than him for the same amount probably.

Ndombele is our first choice ahead of Gomes, apparently we have a decent chance of getting him.

If it's £25m it's not only a wise investment talent wise but it's a shrewd investment based on risk/ reward. Unlike an Ndombele who would cost c£75m who if flops would bleed money, Sessegnon is flexible positionally, has a huge ceiling and would command a few very similar to the rumours £25m we are throwing at him should it not work out for him in a Tottenham shirt.

If the money is right, starter or non starter in our squad it's a good deal to be had. Football is football but ultimately it is still a business. I think he has talent, I love how direct he is with his runs and how intelligent he is cutting angles down for opposition when he cuts across them with relative ease, it's a win/ win for me, I think he has some great tools we can work with as his body and experience continues to grow. A great little HG purchase to ease those iffy numbers we are dicing with. Offers potential solutions all down the left and all down the right. Get this boys in and continue with the rest of the summer plans ahead IMO

So what are you saying? we should buy 'proven' players like Sanchez, Fred, Seri, Wilshere ... proven players who in fact aren't worth a bean ...

Buying the best young players is exactly what's needed ... in case you've missed it Man City have

Jesus - signed at 19 - 28m
Sane - signed at 20 - 45m
Sterling - signed at 21 - 57m
Silva - signed at 22 - 45m

How's that working out for them?

Sure we need a balance - experienced CB, experienced DM, experienced FB - but don't crap on the youth .... one bad season doesn't make him a bad player, Sterling would be well fecked if that was the case ...

Thanks for the rant, but mine isnt a tirade against youth....

As already stated i'm ultimately responding to the idea that he is EPL proven.... Point being we see all these phrases thrown around seemingly without much consideration to what they mean (to us).

I also prev. stated "i'm not saying don't buy him" too.....

how much cash would selling Trippier, Aurier, Wanyama, Lamela, Nkodou, Janssen and Llorente generate realistically?

I would say 50m tops.
I can't see us selling both Trippier and Aurier, but:

Trippier: £20m
Aurier: £18m
Wanyama: £10m
Lamela: £20m
Nkoudou: £7m
Janssen: £5m
Llorente: free

--> £80m

Last edited:
I can't see us selling both Trippier and Aurier, but:

Trippier: £20m
Aurier: £18m
Wanyama: £10m
Lamela: £20m
Nkodou: £7m
Janssen: £5m
Llorente: £5m

--> £85m
I think we will sell both and promote KWP to back up right back.

Llorente is free...no way on gods green earth we are getting 20m for Lamela...and I think your other prices are inflated tbh (except maybe the 2 rbs)

I think we will sell both and promote KWP to back up right back.

Llorente is free...no way on gods green earth we are getting 20m for Lamela...and I think your other prices are inflated tbh (except maybe the 2 rbs)
I have Llorente for free and £80m in total, seems more realistic than your 50m in this crazy market.

Maybe we won't get £20m for Lamela, but we would certainly get more than £10m.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom