Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus christ. This is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Jamie Carragher, Alan Shearer and Alex Scott.
Because nearly every time I watch a match it's NBC's coverage I forget the total shitshow that Sky are still putting out.

I like alex scott as a pundit

I don't mind her. I'll be honest though, and I know it shallow of me, if I didn't think she looks good I think I'd be less tolerant.

I said it somewhere on here the other day - I think Sky, and BT to a lesser extent, need a refresh. They've been presenting football in the same way season after season with the same people on the whole.

At a time when they need to justify the money, they need to look at the presentation from commentators to pundits and beyond. Change it up. Drastically if needs be. Offer more insight rather than cliches.

In NFL this season, Tony Romo caused a stir just because he could read what was going to happen before the play started. People loved it. With footy we just get Redknapp stating the obvious or what he read in that morning's paper. Get new people involved.

I like alex scott as a pundit
Alex Scott is an accessible pundit for those with little intimate knowledge on the game. She speaks with passion and is eloquent but her tactical insight is truly awful. Which, funnily enough, is my same criticism of Alan Shearer and Jamie Redknapp.

To compare and contrast, view pundits like Eni Aluko, Pat Nevin, Gary Neville or Frank Lampard who rather than speak broadly about ''playing with aggression'', ''being first to the ball'', ''pressing high'' actually break down play rather than speak in platitudes. You will never see her, Shearer or Redknapp do what Neville did when he broke down the 3-4-3 formation of Roberto Martinez a few years ago.

I thought Eni Aluko was pretty decent as a pundit during the World Cup last year. Alex Scott just strikes me a bland load of nothing and perfectly summed up how dull BBC's coverage of the tournament was last year compared to ITV. It's not because she's a woman that I don't like her, it's because she's just another boring but presentable sports coverage face.

So this is the second day running the BBC have led with articles on how ‘this is just the beginning for Liverpool’

Robertson: Man City know Liverpool are here to stay

Lawrenson: Liverpool will challenge again

Klopp: This is only the first step

Honestly, it’s nauseating. But we’re going to get two and a half more solid weeks of narrative to bolster fragile “Liverpewl FC” egos.

I actually think a combination of not being so lucky, VAR and picking up more injuries will leave them quite a long way short of getting the same number of points.....they might win it, but only if City drop off and no one else steps up.

I think that even though Man City got a point more and scored more goals - they should share the title with Liverpool. It's only fair.

They didn't bottle a 7 point lead. They WON the title. Fair and square. City getting a point more than them does nothing to change this FACT.

I never trashed us. I made correct comments about our attrocious form in the latter part of the season. All correct.

Instead of playing Llorente, just bang a post into the pitch and hope the ball hits it. That's all he does anyway.

He is trash. Yes, he scored 4 or 5 goals. But overall he is a nothing and never will be anything. He is like Jose Dominguez. Fast. runs around a bit. No end product.

Absolutely right. He has got it wrong so many times on the big occassions. The trouble is most fans won't see it because they are deluded.

Big game. Got it wrong again. As he always does.

Pozz Shiteyear I heard him called yesterday.
Fuck off you little cunt

Thank god the media don’t have any direct influence on the outcome of the games or their opinions somehow affect results.
I don’t think I have actually watched a pre match build up from pundits for a very long time, and the only post match drivel I ever see is from social media snips people post....
Can’t remember the last time I bought a tabloid newspaper, so I’m pretty sheltered from these idiots, yet they still annoy me.
The vast majority are either “failed managers” or ex players who hadn’t the balls to go into management, yet they somehow know more about management than actual fucking managers....
As for this Liverpool love fest, yes it has a lot to do with the amount of ex players (as Gary Neville said last week, “working for L’pool TV has been tough the past few months”) but it has just as much to do with the age group of hosts & editors/producers, they grew up in a L’pool dominant era late 70’s & 80’s and crave that return, the more modern among them only know Man Utd, and Gary Neville would be equally as intolerable if Utd weren’t as shit as they are right now....
City will ever get the credit unless the dominate for years, and we know from Chelsea’s little “era” of winning they came and went as quickly as a British summer, they only got the coverage because of Mourinho, deep down nobody likes these modern clubs and how they go about their business.....so in an ideal media world they want L’pool & Utd to rediscover past glory’s.....key word there is past, unfortunately for them there is a new club in town these days, not a new modern plastic club but a rejuvenated giant from years gone by who is shaking off the cobwebs of its dormant sleep and is ready to fight at the higher echelons once again TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC......I predict we end our title drought before Liverpool do, given the right ammunition it will be us who end City’s plastic era and not L’pool......COYS

Spot the missing colours you have to change Woolwich to arse in the link.

Football fans, how are you travelling to the European finals?

Football fans, how are you travelling to the European finals?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...olwich?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Back
Top Bottom