Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only strong message that comes to mind by signing Sessegnon and Gomes is: "our scouts are shite".

Signing players that have already played and done well in the PL is the easiest and least risky way to improve.

Sessegnon doesn't even need to move house, he'll settle in immediately.......the more glamorous South American teenager will probably hate London and ask to leave after a month

IF Bale came back, it would likely be heavily subsidised by a sponsorship deal. Also; after 2 years he would still likely have his pick of emerging footballing nations willing to spend big for his star power.

I still maintain that it is highly unlikely as he has recently spoken about Spurs in a condescending manor.

At the end of the day; our team must be built around Kane.

It would certainly be nice to have a player that knows how to cross and can hit a dead ball.

For me you have to take bale on loan if reported hes been offered to us. Behind messi and Ronaldo hes one best players in the world. I rate him probably 4th behind mbappe and ahead of neymar. Son moura kane bale sends out shockwaves. Bale back home where he is loved will see him back to his best, just look at what he does for Wales when he is loved. World class signing, then sign likes of Gomes sessengon tielmans for quality depth

Levy would completely fuck Real over on any negotiation for a loan deal, their starting point is £10m and 1/3 of his wages - IF we are keen he will ruin them.

I haven't seen enough in sess to demand close to 40 mill tbqh, would like to get him but not for that. Andre Gomes I don't think fits the bill either as a starting CM for us, watched him a lot since christmas and he has a good passing range smart with the ball etc but hes nowhere near combative enough, quick or defensively aware IMO.
We must demand better to replace Dembele and Wanyama to progress.

Very strong romours around the office that Sessegnon could be announced before the CL, a big money 'positive' signing is seen as a way to boost Poch and the squad. Not by any means a done deal, PSG have made a real offer plus another London club as well, but the talk is that Sessegnon wants London and Spurs top his choices, it's now just getting together on the number, come on DL get one in early for once ....

Fulham will sell they have to cut their wages budget massively, it's just a question of to whom.
Do we really have to have another summer of your bullshit "ITK"?

Leave it alone. No one believes you.

She's like the Karren Brady of football agents

:pochshock:
You've just killed all chance of us signing him

"This Norse fella, on some website called ze fighting cunts, compared mama to the scabby horse at ze wet spam. The one with a chat like a decaying 'aystack. Not joining you"

Hope you feel:
1) Guilty
2) Lucky you're not Scouse(to be fair, I feel that everyday), cos if you were we would have to tweet death threats, wish you cancer of the bumhole and all that.

Don’t want Bale back. He’ll be a proper diva and will not fit with Poch’s work ethic. His injury record is shocking, and he’s not going to play like the marauding, exciting attacking he was when he left us.

Thanks for the memories Gareth, and I hope you like the MLS.

Last edited:
Very strong romours around the office that Sessegnon could be announced before the CL, a big money 'positive' signing is seen as a way to boost Poch and the squad. Not by any means a done deal, PSG have made a real offer plus another London club as well, but the talk is that Sessegnon wants London and Spurs top his choices, it's now just getting together on the number, come on DL get one in early for once ....

Fulham will sell they have to cut their wages budget massively, it's just a question of to whom.
You’re not ITK. You have no office. You don’t know anyone at the club

How is Ryan Sessegnon considered a big signing? LOL

He struggled this season. No way we should be splurging 30m+ on him.

20m up to 25m with add-ons based on his age, a year of experience, potential and HG status.

And no to Gareth Crocked Bale. Destroys wage structure for a perennially injured primadonna. Nope from me.

If Villa fail, and I hope they do, we should finally get Grealish.

I also hope we give Roles a new contract because otherwise the Poch youth lie will continue. Especially when he carts in workhorses all the time.

Interesting timing of these articles

"Until the 30th June 2019, Spurs have the right of first refusal on any bid, a condition that expires 72 hours after Real Madrid inform the North Londoners of any offers received."

It would be interesting to see if Bale's contract is heavily weighted with performance and appearance bonus. One sure way to cap his salary would be to only play him 20-30 games a season.

From my understanding Bale £300k a week at RM circa £13m a year so if we stump half at £150k a week and a £10m signing on fee then that in my books is a must complete option.

And no to Gareth Crocked Bale. Destroys wage structure for a perennially injured primadonna. Nope from me.

If Villa fail, and I hope they do, we should finally get Grealish.

I also hope we give Roles a new contract because otherwise the Poch youth lie will continue. Especially when he carts in workhorses all the time.

The deal the press are reporting has our contribution to Bale's wages in line with what we pay Kane.

Back
Top Bottom