Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Skipp and Walker-Peters both showed yesterday that they could have handled more games throughout the season, and had they done so perhaps we wouldn't have had so many muscular injuries to key players.

Thought Skipp and Walker-Peters both showed yesterday that they could have handled more games throughout the season, and had they done so perhaps we wouldn't have had so many muscular injuries to key players.
Skipp's looked quick and tidy every time for the 1st team. He moves the ball quickly, and frankly I'd have preferred him to start the last few rather than Vic who is so far off the pace it's embarrassing.

KWP situation I find so frustrating. He looks rusty at times, which is hardly surprising as he's started so seldom. He needs game time and he really should have had 20 starts over the past 2 seasons since MoTM at Barcodes.

Vic - I still hope there's a chance he could get his fitness back. In the season we finished 2nd he was one of the PL's top MFs.

Good news - think it reflects players who will be eligible for E u19 's in due course - but great to see Harvey White (CM/CM) and J'Neil Lloyd Bennett (winger/striker) in particular join Luis Binks (CB) and Paris Maghoma (CM/AM) in the E u18 squad.

All could feature in pre -season, even for just a few minutes - I think White and Maghoma did last pre-season

Good news - think it reflects players who will be eligible for E u19 's in due course - but great to see Harvey White (CM/CM) and J'Neil Lloyd Bennett (winger/striker) in particular join Luis Binks (CB) and Paris Maghoma (CM/AM) in the E u18 squad.

All could feature in pre -season, even for just a few minutes - I think White and Maghoma did last pre-season
Maghoma played the final 12 minutes of the last pre-season game, against Girona.

White, along with the rest of this season’s scholarship intake, is yet to appear in a match-day squad, friendly or competitive.

Of the 4 Spurs players in the latest England Under-18s squad, only Harvey White has trained with the first team somewhat regularly, therefore I’d expect he’d be the only one of them to appear in pre-season.

Maghoma played the final 12 minutes of the last pre-season game, against Girona.

White, along with the rest of this season’s scholarship intake, is yet to appear in a match-day squad, friendly or competitive.

Of the 4 Spurs players in the latest England Under-18s squad, only Harvey White has trained with the first team somewhat regularly, therefore I’d expect he’d be the only one of them to appear in pre-season.

Metal blip, for a moment I was confusing Bowden and White. Bowden played a few minutes in the same Girona games as Maghoma.

Bowden as appeared as 19th man for Spurs, so obviously Poch likes him, but surprisingly omitted from E u18 squad (as is Dilan Markanday who is arguably another deserving candidate).

Only 2 months or so in age difference between Bowden and White, despite Bowden being in the Academy Year above White, but hope to see both in next Pre-Season squad even though they play in similar(ish) positions to each other and even to Skipp although the difference in play between the 3 players is apparent.

Very surprised Bowden didn't get a call up, especially because Maghoma did. Adds weight to my theory that once 'in', it's quite hard to be 'out'. Markanday very hard done by too IMO.

Incoming first year goalkeeper, Isak Solberg:

Interesting - there were rumours about him some 6 months ago. Also interesting that Ole's mate has pushed him to Spurs and not ManU - maybe a realisation of the change in status of both clubs ?

Does this mean we will have 3 GK's in new First Year as we seem to have Timothee Lo'Totula and Tobi Oluwayemi as well ?

Interesting - there were rumours about him some 6 months ago. Also interesting that Ole's mate has pushed him to Spurs and not ManU - maybe a realisation of the change in status of both clubs ?

Does this mean we will have 3 GK's in new First Year as we seem to have Timothee Lo'Totula and Tobi Oluwayemi as well ?

I assume so, which I found odd. I think both TLT and TO are highly rated so I wonder how we'll find enough games for them, plus the second years and Dev Squad keepers.

I assume so, which I found odd. I think both TLT and TO are highly rated so I wonder how we'll find enough games for them, plus the second years and Dev Squad keepers.

Agree. Usually the u18's is solely for Academy Years 1 and 2 so I guess that having only Kacper Kuylowicz in this season's Year 1 means its 4 GK's for one u18 place, which is common when both years have 2 GK's each.

Still tough to see how more than say 2 of the 4 are going to get playing time next season unless one is loaned out ?

And with Solberg getting both a 2 year scholarship and a one year pro he seems to be one who will get playing time ?

Agree. Usually the u18's is solely for Academy Years 1 and 2 so I guess that having only Kacper Kuylowicz in this season's Year 1 means its 4 GK's for one u18 place, which is common when both years have 2 GK's each.

Still tough to see how more than say 2 of the 4 are going to get playing time next season unless one is loaned out ?

And with Solberg getting both a 2 year scholarship and a one year pro he seems to be one who will get playing time ?
Imagine the sense of favouritism this could create...

Maybe Whiteman is being promoted to 3rd choice 1st team and we are releasing De Bie, Austin and Freeman with 2 of the 4 playing U23?

Maybe Whiteman is being promoted to 3rd choice 1st team and we are releasing De Bie, Austin and Freeman with 2 of the 4 playing U23?

Unlikely as Kurylowicz has only played one u18 game this season, and think Lo'Toyula has been on bench once, and Tobi hasn't appeared yet. So all 3 need u18 games before moving up, just don't know whether Solberg's playing time (10 games ?) in 4th tier Norwegian league is enough to move him up to u23's or not.

De Bie and Austin highly rated, Austin has been u23 GK and done well this season so either he'll be with Whiteman in first team or on loan, with De Bie u23 GK this season. Freeman hasn't played much in the 3 seasons he's been at Spurs so either he's back up in u23's or released.

If Whiteman is planned to be 3rd choice GK for the first team Id imagine he'll play in preseason as cannot recall him playing in a competitive match for about 2 seasons ! So we'll find out soon enough

Just read this profile of Jovic (just bought be Real Madrid for £50m) on the ESPN site :

''Jovic isn't particularly strong or fast, but he has a natural feel for making the right moves in the box and a habit for finishing with calm and precision. He's also tenacious, happy to hunt down balls, hassle defenders and create opportunities with his relentless work rate.''

And Jack Roles came to mind. Not the same class, but surely the same description ?

Just read this profile of Jovic (just bought be Real Madrid for £50m) on the ESPN site :

''Jovic isn't particularly strong or fast, but he has a natural feel for making the right moves in the box and a habit for finishing with calm and precision. He's also tenacious, happy to hunt down balls, hassle defenders and create opportunities with his relentless work rate.''

And Jack Roles came to mind. Not the same class, but surely the same description ?

Jovic is massively talented and that description does him no justice at all. Seen him play about 40 times this season alone. He is very strong, and while he is no Mbappé pace-wise, he is faster than Kane. Excellent technique and touch. Deadly in and around the box with either foot (his goals are spread out evenly between the two; teammates have been quoted saying you can't tell in training which is his stronger foot). Comparing him to Roles is an insult to Jovic, but the bigger insult is the description, which admittedly sounds a bit like our Jack.

Jovic is massively talented and that description does him no justice at all. Seen him play about 40 times this season alone. He is very strong, and while he is no Mbappé pace-wise, he is faster than Kane. Excellent technique and touch. Deadly in and around the box with either foot (his goals are spread out evenly between the two; teammates have been quoted saying you can't tell in training which is his stronger foot). Comparing him to Roles is an insult to Jovic, but the bigger insult is the description, which admittedly sounds a bit like our Jack.
OK, but he explicitly wasn't comparing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom