Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But how can you be sure those quotes are real?
Knowing Levy, he would go all in for him because he was a free transfer, and we were in a desperate need of a midfielder since Dembele left and he was/is desperate to get out of Paris. Also, considering the rumours of him refusing us came from RMC and L'Equipe, which are reliable sources, I would say that the Rabiot story has 99.9% chance to have been true.

Knowing Levy, he would go all in for him because he was a free transfer, and we were in a desperate need of a midfielder since Dembele left and he was/is desperate to get out of Paris. Also, considering the rumours of him refusing us came from RMC and L'Equipe, which are reliable sources, I would say that the Rabiot story has 99.9% chance to have been true.
He was likely change clubs in January but his grandfather died closing in the transfer window ending and he decided then he wouldn’t leave his family in Paris in a tough time for his mother. His agent. It’s not all black and white.

And with his contract in his hand was wise to wait got the end of the season to choose a new club

So you know even less than Nabil then :pochcmon:

Bored as I can be after some minor health problems having me in and out of sleep with meds. Really apologise for the long post but I thought I'd contribute what I can in this thread while I'm awake and composed haha. I've had a lot of spare time on my hands in the last two and I love to watch foreign football and do the whole "arm chair manager bit. Basically a long way of saying that I have watched at minimum 5 full matches of players I'm talking about.

There's certainly people like @ Nabil Bentaleb and @ Totti who's opinions I respect on their view of foreign players so I thought I'd give my own views.

Anyway before I begin I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed / survived the end of the season and especially the magic of Dam. What an amazing time it is to be a spurs fan eh?

Anyway, a couple of random thoughts. We need to spend but I think we don't need to try throw £300m at the squad. A couple shrewd moves alongside 1 real signing of intent / Poch's 1st choice would be fantastic. Apologies for length again

Sessegnon in for under £30m with a view to be played as a LB / LWB would be an idea I can get on board with. Keep Davies while he develops but to also be used as the left sided centre back when Jan is missing if we use a 3 CB formation.

I think we should seriously look at Maxi Gomez of Celta Vigo. Sorry for the cheap "he's like x" but he does have a very Suarez vibe about him. With Lamela likely leaving due to his constant injuries I think this man could really push for a place in the team. I've said elsewhere that Kane could play as the 10 behind a forward and Gomez's intense pressing , technical ability and strength could allow Kane so much space to exploit runs by Ali, Son and Moura. Another similar player I could see doing the same job would be Lautauro Martinez of Inter Milan

RB is tricky. There's a couple of the obvious young English RB's that have been discussed but , depending on if we can balance the squad with the required nationalities in other positions, there's a plethora of exciting RB's out there. I really like Atal although I think he'd best suit a 3 CB formation. Having Sissoko in midfield is a huge bonus for anyone playing RB in this team though and another true DM would also help negate potential issues.

Going to throw out the name Kevin Mbambu of Young boys would love to know if anyone else has watched him and what their thoughts would be.

DM needs to be considered as a big money area. I do like Diawara despite his lack of minutes and , intsrestingly , from the post of some CM comparisons he leads the way in average distance in passes. That's a potentially potent attribute for us with our forwards seamless ability to gain space within seconds of transitions.

Berge I also like. He has a unique physique and seems like a more mobile Matic. Looks to have a good understanding of when to go short and long. I'd be excited to see what Poch could do with him.

N'didi for a reasonable fee would be great. Lots of stamina and stats to prove he'll help you win and retain possession.

Santiago Ascaciber ( I tried ) Kennie Of Schalke and that US international Tyler Adams are all exciting looking prospects.

I'd take Declan Rice but even with the small percentage that those bellends would consider selling to us I'm not sure he'd be worth the potential £60m they'd ask for.

I'd happily take Grealish for under 30m. Can play CM or behind the front 3 and I don't think he's going to be one of those who shines in the championship but looks lost in the PL. Not if he goes to a solid club with quality around him.

Gedson Fernandes is an interesting player imho. He'd only be worth buying if we could get him for £20-25m as I don't think he'd be able to challenge for a 1st eleven place for at least a year. But he does fit the mound of being able to play in different positions as I could see him as an AM or as an attack minded CM.

Bruno Fernandes / Pepe / N'Dombele / Brandt / Asenjo / Isco are all player that we should be looking at as big impact signings. Who knows how many of them would be realistic given the likely interest from cash rich clubs.

And , finally if you've made it this far then if we do need to looka t 1/2 new CB's in the next 18 months then I honestly think we could switch from a Belgian duo to a French one that would see is set for a while.

De Ligt would be great but there's literally 6-7 French CB's around that could come in and become top top class. Upamecano, Konate, Mounde, Sarr , tobido the list goes on and on.

Eder militao looks very promising and is a bit like Doer in that he seems capable of playing as a CB , RB and CDM

Anyway thanks for reading if you did

Last week I watched a Belgian football show and they were talking about how Ajax should really go after Sander Berge to replace Frenkie de Jong (not like for like, but they made a good point, saying that they are the same caliber of talent)

Have a speedy recovery!
I wish you

Last week I watched a Belgian football show and they were talking about how Ajax should really go after Sander Berge to replace Frenkie de Jong (not like for like, but they made a good point, saying that they are the same caliber of talent)

Have a speedy recovery!
I wish you
Berge looks mustard. We should be getting him now, not waiting for his value to double in two years.
:levywtf:

Back
Top Bottom