Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only player I'd want from Leicester is Ndidi.

Brilliant player who's put up excellent numbers this season. Can't believe he's only 22 years old.

3.8 tackles per game
2.2 interceptions per game.

He's completed more tackles in the Premier League then any other player in the league and only Capoue and Wan-Bissaka have made more interceptions than him in the league.

In fact, only two players across Europes top leagues have made more tackles per game than him this season. Idrissa Gueye at Everton and Otavio at Bordeaux.

But he'd cost a fortune.

Best off looking at the likes of Diawara, Berge, Sangare, Grilitsch if we're wanting cheaper alternatives who can put up very solid defensive numbers to sit in front of our back four.

I also think Gueye at Everton is a great player and they've put a £40,000,000 price tag on him. Considering he is 30 years old this year though, we should pass. Diawara has a cheaper asking price and is 8 years younger.

Have you heard of seen anything of Gbamin at Mainz, a young defensive midfielder who is starting to attract attention

Zaha would be perfect. If Kane is injured or unavailable you could have Son, Zaha and Lucas up top, all 3 capable of playing wide or through the middle, the alternating between them would terrify defences.
The myth of Zaha perseveres.

Absolute dogshit showpony. Andros Townsend has a better final product.

Think about that.

Have you heard of seen anything of Gbamin at Mainz, a young defensive midfielder who is starting to attract attention

Don't tend to watch Mainz - so haven't heard of him.

His numbers aren't particularly impressive but might tune into Mainz/Hoffenheim at the weekend if he's playing to see what he's about.

Trust
The
Manager

Honestly after what's happened with Sissoko I will think twice about questioning Poch. He is not an idiot, he knows exactly what he wants and we have to trust in him.
I trust poch not to go anywhere near the Rondons of this world, I’m just a bit flummoxed by the talk of him on here.

I trust poch not to go anywhere near the Rondons of this world, I’m just a bit flummoxed by the talk of him on here.

What if Poch considers someone like Rondon to have the right personality and humility to be back up to Harry and that he will fit in with the Tottenham family that Poch has built over the last five years?

Our squad has quite a few players who would flummox a number of fans but look where we are now. Everyone has played a role

Attempt at comparing some midfielders
Note 1: Diawara didn't have a lot of minutes
Note 2: I added MS because of all the hype he got last year, not as a realistic target
p0fILId.png

The myth of Zaha perseveres.

Absolute dogshit showpony. Andros Townsend has a better final product.

Think about that.

Zaha at Spurs not for me for what he'd likely cost but he's a good player better than Townsend across the board and a threat who could would be a decent option for most sides , dogshit show pony is a poor description of a decent player.

What if Poch considers someone like Rondon to have the right personality and humility to be back up to Harry and that he will fit in with the Tottenham family that Poch has built over the last five years?

Our squad has quite a few players who would flummox a number of fans but look where we are now. Everyone has played a role
then he'll end up being filed away in the "wtf" drawer along with half of Poch's other signings.

Look, i love Poch, and whoever he buys i'll support 100%, but lets not kid oursleves here. Poch may well decide Rondon has a lovely personality, but he's still the same Rondon that has been a 'decent-ish' PL player. WBA and Newcastle are about his level, we are not.

Who actually puts forward the targets at Spurs? Is it Poch or is it someone recommending players to Poch and if he agrees we buy them and if not, we don't.

Because it seems a lot of last season's problems were caused by the club going for players Poch didn't really want, and not getting the players Poch was after.

To me, Poch wants Van De Beek, last season he wanted De Jong. When the club didn't get De Jong they pushed towards the much cheaper option (so they thought) Grealish. I really don't think Poch wants Grealish, he hasn't commented once on him directly.

then he'll end up being filed away in the "wtf" drawer along with half of Poch's other signings.

Look, i love Poch, and whoever he buys i'll support 100%, but lets not kid oursleves here. Poch may well decide Rondon has a lovely personality, but he's still the same Rondon that has been a 'decent-ish' PL player. WBA and Newcastle are about his level, we are not.

Squad players are always going to be decent-ish. You are not going to get a top player who is going to happily sit around waiting for Harry Kane to get injured. Rondon will be like Llorente, someone who is going to have to sit around twiddling his thumbs for 3/4s of a season and not kick up a fuss. Whether you like it or not Poch wants a harmonious squad, not a bunch of cunts knocking on his door every five minutes demanding to get a game.

Who would you suggest then? Icardi? Dybala? Mitrovic? Cavani? Mandzukic?

Squad players are always going to be decent-ish. You are not going to get a top player who is going to happily sit around waiting for Harry Kane to get injured. Rondon will be like Llorente, someone who is going to have to sit around twiddling his thumbs for 3/4s of a season and not kick up a fuss. Whether you like it or not Poch wants a harmonious squad, not a bunch of cunts knocking on his door every five minutes demanding to get a game.

Who would you suggest then? Icardi? Dybala? Mitrovic? Cavani? Mandzukic?
because i don't want rondon it means I'm after the worlds top strikers? there's a whole world to explore between Rondon and the likes of Dybala.

Theres a reason he's spent his career at sides like WBA, Malaga, Zenit and Newcastle.

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, because my freaking kid's team decided to make a final. How inconsiderate... anyway how did Gomes look?
I didn't expect a lot when he came on, but he surprised me a little bit. Looked like he could add something to our squad, but I'm not sure he could add something to our strongest XI though.

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, because my freaking kid's team decided to make a final. How inconsiderate... anyway how did Gomes look?

Came on and played deep midfield. Willing to take the ball off of his centre halves and distribute. A bit like how Winks does for us.

Everton scored two goals within 10 minutes of his arrival and he also fouled Lamela which lead to Eriksens goal, so all in all an okay substitute appearance.

Don't like the idea of him (or Winks) as our defensive midfield options though. We need someone who can tackle and intercept.

Back
Top Bottom