We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RAWK gems

To be fair, I think most neutrals want us to win.

We have the whole Woolwich community with us.

We will be more patient, and will eventually breakthrough and win more comfortably.

At least Harry won't be able to throw himself to the floor for a penalty and get away with it.

After last years final and missing out on the title on 97 bloody points. The team are a wounded animal. We are gonna be on fire to beat spurs and win the final.

Leave the c*nts crying at half time then go at them even harder 2nd half, anything less than 4-0 and I'll be crying

They're utter shite.

We turn up, 2 or 3 goals up to nil, trophy won. No last minute dramas, no extra time, no penalty shoot-out, nothing of the sort. Just a confident win.

I want to smash them so bad they regret even making the final. This is the European Cup, this is our domain, fuck off Spurs

Wondering what our train schedule is going to be like for this? Would make sense to give the players a few days off and recharge after a hectic season!
I'd take them all to somewhere in the Med for a week, partly to relax those old bones and partly to 'acclimatise' to being somewhere that's not so fucking cold. Swimming, golf, etc. Then, as Poch has already said, gradually build the intensity as the great day draws closer.

Hope we start both Lucas and Son even if Kane is fit. Liverpool score far too many from their fullbacks assisting. Need Lucas and Son's pace to worry their fullbacks enough not to come out too much.
I have a sneaky feeling that Kane might worry them a bit, too. Can't see him not starting.

RAWK gems

We will be more patient, and will eventually breakthrough and win more comfortably.

At least Harry won't be able to throw himself to the floor for a penalty and get away with it.

After last years final and missing out on the title on 97 bloody points. The team are a wounded animal. We are gonna be on fire to beat spurs and win the final.

Leave the c*nts crying at half time then go at them even harder 2nd half, anything less than 4-0 and I'll be crying

They're utter shite.

We turn up, 2 or 3 goals up to nil, trophy won. No last minute dramas, no extra time, no penalty shoot-out, nothing of the sort. Just a confident win.

I want to smash them so bad they regret even making the final. This is the European Cup, this is our domain, fuck off Spurs

God I hope they all die. Stupid scum cunts

RAWK gems

They're utter shite.

The way I see it is it’s Gooners and bin dippers Vs the rest of the country , except the media are on there side, there fairy tale 97 point team didn’t win the league so they will do everything in there power to have them win the CL, the thing is our squad have been wounded all season and the tank is empty yet we still have the heart to turn over being 3-0 down at half time, imagine how good we can be with 3 weeks rest and prep and injured players coming back, The thing is though if we don’t win I’m still proud of what this team has achieved this season given what we have had to work with , not sure they can say the same considering the amount of death threats Karius got last year ! They are a vile toxic club, always the fucking victims, and I want to see sisssoko bath In the tears of that gurning donkey toothed prick come June 1st!

So with everyone back how do we start for this?
Reckon we will see something like

Lloris
Anyone but trippier Toby Jan. rose
Sissoko. Dele
Moura. Eriksen. Son
Kane

Assuming we have a full squad to choose from:

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Sissoko Winks Eriksen
Son Kane Dele

It's harsh to leave Lucas out but I feel his all-round game is not strong enough to start a game like this. Liverpool will not let us win long balls and allow him to make easy runs through the centre like Ajax did. Dele is a big game player and Kane plays his best football with Son and Dele around him.

Lloris
Sissoko Winks Eriksen
Son Kane Alli

It's harsh to leave Lucas out but I feel his all-round game is not strong enough to start a game like this. Liverpool will not let us win long balls and allow him to make easy runs through the centre like Ajax did.
Trippier?

Lloris
Sissoko Winks Eriksen
Son Kane Dele

It's harsh to leave Lucas out but I feel his all-round game is not strong enough to start a game like this. Liverpool will not let us win long balls and allow him to make easy runs through the centre like Ajax did. Dele is a big game player and Kane plays his best football with Son and Dele around him.
I would rather play Foyth at RB than trippier

Lloris
Sissoko Winks Eriksen
Son Kane Dele

Agreed, this would be my starting 11. Lucas to come on for the last 20.

If Winks is not fit, then Lucas to come in. Unfortunately this pushes Dele back into a midfield position where he's been pretty ordinary.

Alternatively, straight swap Winks for Dier. Then get behind the sofa!

An experienced full back please. No experiments with Foyth.

We're up against Mane, Firmino and Salah (and TAA coming forward)
I said I would rather play him than trippier! If Aurier is fit surely he should start? But as he was only on the bench yesterday I can’t see it, surely would have been an ideal game to get some minutes under his belt? Poch will play tripps and he will either assist our winner or help with there’s !

RB is a hard one. Trippier has been absolutely awful, and every time I hope for him to have a good game he disappoints.

Aurier is obviously out of favour and has been injured, hasn’t played enough football recently and we have no games between now and the final to get him back up to speed. I hate to say this but he also in my eyes is almost guaranteed to make a silly challenge and give away a penalty when put up against the pace of mane/Salah.

Who the fuck do we play there? Are we really going to start Foyth a teenager that just got a red card last week after only 1 minute on the pitch? God knows but that is the position which worries me the most for the final.

That Allez Allez chant is shit, it's too associated with Scousers now, even though it's a Napoli chant. Another thing they never nicked.

People will assume it's Scousers singing if they hear it in the final.

We should try and find some words for that song Ajax fans were singing right before the goal at the end.

It could be a like a goal summoning chant. I found it on YouTube:

It's sung by hundreds of clubs in this country and across Europe mate. No more associated with dippers as Huddersfield.

I said I would rather play him than trippier! If Aurier is fit surely he should start? But as he was only on the bench yesterday I can’t see it, surely would have been an ideal game to get some minutes under his belt? Poch will play tripps and he will either assist our winner or help with there’s !

No Aurier either. Trippier will start - the manager has confidence in him.

On an unconnected note, Brighton have just sacked Chrissie! These chairmen don't have a clue.

Back
Top Bottom