The Mighty Spurs vs Everton, 12th May 15.00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a family do, didn't see the game, checked scores about 4 times. I couldn't give the tightest rat's arse about losing 3rd space to Chelsea. I'd rather it'd had been the other way around but fuck it, way bigger fish to fry.

The family do was a great one

Great fun today in the crowd with the Everton fans. The whole stadium celebrating when city levelled and then went ahead was so funny. Their fans were good and really seemed to enjoy it. A draw was an ok result. Nice to see the players at the end. Job done, let’s now smash the dippers and buy anything that moves when the window opens.

The future’s bright, the future’s lillywhite

Nice sunny day. Decent opposing fans. Resting injured and/or tired players ahead of the biggest game in all of our memories...

In those circumstances, job done today. Before the whole game slips from my memory:

Hope Dele isn’t injured (anyone know why he went off at HT?)
Enjoyed seeing Skippy get a run - ditto Coco
Wanyama looks fucked
Good free kick from Eriksson

Fucking weird season. Worst we’ve played under Poch - with very good reasons. Now into CL final.

COYS

Nice sunny day. Decent opposing fans. Resting injured and/or tired players ahead of the biggest game in all of our memories...

In those circumstances, job done today. Before the whole game slips from my memory:

Hope Dele isn’t injured (anyone know why he went off at HT?)
Enjoyed seeing Skippy get a run - ditto Coco
Wanyama looks fucked
Good free kick from Eriksson

Fucking weird season. Worst we’ve played under Poch - with very good reasons. Now into CL final.

COYS

If that's what you call shit, imagine what we could do if we spent some money. We're coming for you. We're coming for you. Manchester city, we're coming for you!

Wasn't Dier good at CB? His best position (in my view) especially if Alderweireld leaves.

Skipp was excellent in his 20 odd minutes playing in the Winks defensive screen role. Lamela was Lamela-like.

KWP looked good.

All this in the context of it being a bit of a jog in the park really.

Keep up mate.

Somehow I had this thread on ignore , not sure if that’s a good or bad omen!

Nice enjoyable day, good sport from Everton fans, leave the football alone.

Lamela and KWP were poor today

60mins and LLoris didn't play a single long ball forward. Llorente off , Janssen on and Lloris long balls.

Last edited:
Not a great game but my first time at the new stadium and wow, only issue is the queues where a bit long at half time but apart from that insanely good place.

As for the game it was good in parts and poor in others, very much an end of season affair. The Everton fans where a proper laugh and a draw not being the end of the world.

Finishing 4th all things considered is good, particularly considering that 4th place no longer requires CL qualification rounds as it did a few years back.

For me this was a really special day. It’s not quite once in a lifetime, but close as far as getting to London and getting to a match. I have Spurs Canada to thank though as they got me a pair of seats in the south stand! It was amazing. Yes, I know that it was a meaningless game in most ways, but I don’t care. It was awesome.

We tried to cover all our bases in one day. Hit up Chick King, had a few at the Bricklayers and a few more (approximately!) at the Goal Line. I did a lot of singing down there and loved the (new to me) song about beating City in the CL!

The stadium is just incredible. I can’t really find a better way to describe it. I think they got everything just perfect with it!

I thought that for the most part we played alright today. Obviously a win would have been nice, but they looked decent and that was resting most of the important players.

Anyway, amazing day and I loved every minute of it!!

Kind of glad the season is over with now apart from June 1st of course. Last few weeks have been a struggle in the Premier League, feel a good rest is needed over the summer. Some good recruitment and come back fully fighting fit.

Back
Top Bottom