Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has actually been offered another contract?

Latest rumours were that we've offered him a new deal and he wants to stay.

Though the general consensus is that Toby has ALWAYS wanted to stay, but it's his agent (his brother or father) wants him to move.

Though the general consensus is that Toby has ALWAYS wanted to stay, but it's his agent (his brother or father) wants him to move.
Have you a source for this? Great news if true. We should start by keeping the stalwarts if at all possible.
Toby, Eriksen & Rose are the 3 (I think) who are going into their final year (Jan too?)
Sort out the wheat from the chaff and give these lads contracts they struggle to refuse.
Get rid of those that Poch doesn’t see as having a future and invest heavily in those areas he sees as needing reinforcement. Come back bigger and stronger next year. Poch has said he needs to be given the tools to work with. Just hand them to him gift wrapped. He has earned that right

Agent is his father.

Father's antics rumoured to have pissed off both Levy and Poch.

Good news if Toby wants to stay and sign a contract and Poch happy to take him back

Agent is his father.

Father's antics rumoured to have pissed off both Levy and Poch.

Good news if Toby wants to stay and sign a contract and Poch happy to take him back
Family business is something that never worked in human history and won't work in football either, Neymar ia his father puppet, Rabiot was screwed by his mother's demands and now Toby, hope he solves this issue and stay, but familiar agents by now just looks to me like less professional versions of Raiola.

Family business is something that never worked in human history and won't work in football either, Neymar ia his father puppet, Rabiot was screwed by his mother's demands and now Toby, hope he solves this issue and stay, but familiar agents by now just looks to me like less professional versions of Raiola.

True but plenty of good agents who get a good deal for their players and still get on with the clubs - but a minority of agents who screw everyone with ridiculous demands for fees plus an even smaller number of family members who usually don't have the professional knowledge to work as agents but do.

We will take the money and run.

Alderweireld is not going to get a 3 year offer from us at what he might want.

Great servant and hopefully one BIG game to come.
FWIW, I think the tweet I posted above is worded in a way that means he's going.

Or very very carefully hedging his bets.

"Guaranteed CL football next year in this great stadium". Nothing about him playing in it. I've never seen a player articulate CL qualification like that on social media.
:pochfacepalm:

Sad but true.... As I understand we offered him 4 years so that would have been 3 more at £150.000 per week.. He shook hands on it and then his dad said he’s worth £200.000 that’s why he was benched when fit last season. I personally think he’s off to Ajax ⚽⚽👍🏾

Sad but true.... As I understand we offered him 4 years so that would have been 3 more at £150.000 per week.. He shook hands on it and then his dad said he’s worth £200.000 that’s why he was benched when fit last season. I personally think he’s off to Ajax ⚽⚽👍🏾
Ajax makes no sense at all, they won't even pay him 80k a week. If he leaves it will be to a club like United (which would be a terrible shame), Bayern of Juve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom