Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes not being willing to compromise is a bad thing, others it can be a good thing. I think if you look at where we were when Levy came in, and where we are now, you'd say if Levy is uncompromising, it's certainly been the benefit of our club.

We were a mid table joke of a club, with a string of pretty poor managers and some atrocious players. We are now a CL club with one of the best stadiums in Europe, possibly the best training and academy complex in Europe, we are going away to clubs like Milan, Dortmund, Barca, Ajax, Real, Juve and holding our own or better.

It's not like Levy is taking possibly transfer money out as share dividends is it?

Nearly every penny the club makes goes back into the club, in transfers, wages and infrastructure. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying Levy pays himself less than he pays the first eleven and manager.

It's hard to think of a single club in Europe who have transformed themselves on and off the pitch as much as we have under his stewardship, as organically.

That's a pretty impressive piece of stewardship, in any industry, let alone one as volatile as football. However, he's done it, compromising or not.
Well where we are now is in the champions league final and we're there because of Poch and the players, there is no way that Levy expected that when he appointed Poch, be that as it may I've never denied that he has done well. Being unwilling to compromise is definitely a bad thing when one of our best ever managers feels compelled to come out on the eve of the biggest game in our history and say he's not open to continue without a plan.

This should disturb any supporter because we always hear about how good the relationship is between Poch and Levy, yet after a whole season when they have had ample chance to talk behind closed doors, nothing has obviously been sorted out and it's not the first time Poch has come out and said things like this.

Last edited:
Well he's massively taken the focus and pressure off the team for both the semi and final - there's virtually zero coverage of our biggest game ever, maybe he's smarter than people give him credit for.
I’d like to think that’s what he’s doing, but the collateral “damage” of the comments is that it seems quite plain that he’s not committing into the next 5 years on the same terms as the past 5. I’m not sure any uncertainty is good for the team either.

I’d like to think that’s what he’s doing, but the collateral “damage” of the comments is that it seems quite plain that he’s not committing into the next 5 years on the same terms as the past 5. I’m not sure any uncertainty is good for the team either.

If he's told the team and Levy that's what he's doing then there's no damage whatsoever

Personally if anyone tink

Clear message to Levy, that if we dont spend money he will leave....you're not reading between the lines are you

:dembelewtf:
I honestly laughing out loud at our fans right about now. It's like they have been supporting an alien football club the past 5yrs where Poch has walked out of the club at least 10 times already.

Everything that has brought us to this point has been planned and executed on (probably over delivered both on and off the pitch), the talk from Poch and the Club hasn't deviated once since the day he was appointed.

The only thing that I think is new in Poch's last talk is the transparency issue, I think this is very interesting and incredibly brave of him. Take a look at the language coming out of Chelsea now and they talk of objectives of finishing in top 4, same also with Utd. I'd also add Liverpool to that too but that clearly changed as the season went on. ONLY City has come out with an open statement of what their plans are, which was to win EVERYTHING.

It remains to be seen what transparency will translate to, but I suspect given Poch's past views it will be a plan to compete for PL & CL on a regular basis (he's been working to this vision himself anyway) but the interesting part is how it will be communicated to the fans (the transparency bit). I see this as vital in any event, because for some fans if we buy Grealish it means Poch isn't being backed. If "we" come out and declare we have a plan in place (like we wouldn't have one anyway LOL) that is going to see us challenge for PL & CL in X, Y or Z years and then as part of that plan we buy Grealish for example I think it might bring together those that have been supporting Mars FC.

The Club has been working for 20yrs to get to this point of revenue stream, we have closed the gap and just about overtaken Woolwich (remarkable seeing as they have banked over £2b more than us in the past 20yrs), we have closed the gap substantially to Chavs and Liverpool, with City and Man U still light years away but with us in far better shape than Utd. On a wider European basis, we've jumped ahead of Dortmund and Juve!

Anyway, I suspect that we will not get a 30-page dossier sent to us in the post outlining the plan and what is being done to achieve it but a little outline of what we want to do and that Poch owns his part of it would be great, as it means every hire every sale, every academy player is frozen out will be down to him.

"It would be very naive to think we can continue to operate as we have done and that it will get us to the Champions League final and the top four every season when we're competing against projects like Liverpool or the Manchester clubs.

"If we are to expect the same from us as from Liverpool, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, give me different tools to work with.
I wonder how the buffoon brothers sammyspurs sammyspurs Airfixx Airfixx and Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 will spin this into ‘he doesn’t mean we need to spend money and sign news players’

Hes gone in the summer imo. He seems set on briningg up his “future” every 5 minutes, never a good sign. I suppose he feels hes done what hes can with this squad and if levy isnt prepared to back him to challenge for a title then he’ll move onto biggrr things.

For those of you who haven't been past the training ground, this is a fairly typical day nowadays. Across the road, there will be another group of the same number of people and then at the traffic lights on the A10 probably double this number.

Not sure I like how this fella uses his kid to get player signatures, similar tactics are deployed when begging in the streets on Mumbi. Don't doubt for a moment they are Spurs but wonder if he shares the money he gets when selling the shirts on eBay or splits the revenue from youtube?

The boy pictured with all the Koreans, who is he?

I have no idea why people have to pitch manager against chairman, blaming one or other when things go wrong or only crediting one of them for our progress. Surely to goodness we need both to work in tandem and do their respective jobs to the best of their ability, which in turn will mean success for the Club, on and off the pitch. This is the modern game - love it or hate it!

I have no idea why people have to pitch manager against chairman, blaming one or other when things go wrong or only crediting one of them for our progress. Surely to goodness we need both to work in tandem and do their respective jobs to the best of their ability, which in turn will mean success for the Club, on and off the pitch. This is the modern game - love it or hate it!
Spot on Mrs P. The voice of reason as usual.

Back
Top Bottom