Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like we're missing Sonny in the first two matches next season then. Wankers.

Fingers crossed we don't have a horrible start when the fixtures are released.

You wait and see, Liverpool will pull a few strings and we'll get them in the first couple of games next season, probably at home as they'll want to play that game early before we've fully established ourselves there.

You wait and see, Liverpool will pull a few strings and we'll get them in the first couple of games next season, probably at home as they'll want to play that game early before we've fully established ourselves there.

Its weird how we always get Liverpool around September time, before we've built up some form.

Its weird how we always get Liverpool around September time, before we've built up some form.
There must be some formula or algorithm that stipulates that the big games must be played at roughly the same times in the season.

Off the top of my head we always seem to get:
Liverpool home very early on in the season and away March/April time.
Man city home after about 7-8 games, then away just as the run in starts to hot up.
United at OT in the first few games, then at home at the turn of the year.
Chelsea and Woolwich back to back in the second half of the season.

There must be some formula or algorithm that stipulates that the big games must be played at roughly the same times in the season.

Man city home after about 7-8 games, then away just as the run in starts to hot up.

100% there is an algorithm that sets out when certain teams play each other and who plays at home, absolutely no doubt in my mind. As you said the pattern of who we play is near enough the same and it always seems to love throwing Spurs away from home first game of the season.

If anyone can be bothered to look, I'd be fascinated to see how many times we've started with a home game, it always seems to give us a tricky away game to get the ball rolling.

Opening game against Newcastle, too...

That really is farcical. A three match ban for that?? Fair enough not quashing the red card entirely but to not even reduce the ban? Especially in light of the clear as day provocation??

Something seriously stinks here.

D6ZSRhtXoAEgIJe.jpg:large

Congrats Sonny.

Now go find your top form for the CL final
Was thinking about this earlier... it could very well be a match that suits his talent set.

Even putting his prowess on the counter attack to one side (something we could seek to do against Liverpool), this will be a game where Van Djik will be happy to get his head on every ball we punt into the box towards Kane.

Son is spectacular at taking shots from the edge of the box (with either feet) that curl into the top corner. I think it's something we'll desperately need him to try to unlock their defence.

Was thinking about this earlier... it could very well be a match that suits his talent set.

Even putting his prowess on the counter attack to one side (something we could seek to do against Liverpool), this will be a game where Van Djik will be happy to get his head on every ball we punt into the box towards Kane.

Son is spectacular at taking shots from the edge of the box (with either feet) that curl into the top corner. I think it's something we'll desperately need him to try to unlock their defence.

If he could score one of these, I'd be ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom