Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just found out my son has a baseball "extravaganza" that day. I know, you lot don't give an F about baseball, but my oldest has Aspergers, and he plays on an team of kids with special needs, and this is the first time he's felt like part of a team. He absolutely loves it. His brother and cousins all play multiple sports and he feels left out. This is the only sport he can really play (might try golf when he's a bit older) so this is kind of a big deal for him.

Of course the league has scheduled their day to host the similar teams in the area all at one complex for 2-3 games on......JUNE EFFING 1ST.

3PM local time for the Final. No way we'll be done with baseball. I can either 1) watch on my phone while i'm there and piss off my wife, 2) stay home to watch with my other son (huge Spurs fan like me), REALLY piss off my wife AND terribly disappoint my son, or 3) I can shut my phone off, and DVR it.

Option 3 it is. FML.
You're a good dad :)

Paros - need to find a taverna. Booked this months ago to see one of my wife’s besties who moved there last year.... was tempted to get a flight to Madrid from Santorini, but would have meant leaving them there and them travelling home alone on the Monday

So we will be all in Spurs shirts on the island cheering when we lift the big ears at around midnight local time

Completely torn. I feel like I should watch it at home with my dad but I'm also meant to be in London for a stag do that evening.

The organisers of the stag knew it'd be CL final night when it was planned a few months ago, and have stuff booked to watch the game at Belushi's in Camden. There's a lot of people I don't really know going, but seems like there's a few Spurs amongst them, including one I do know. I don't really wanna miss the stag as it should be a good day/night, but then there's also the possibility of going along for part of it, then leaving to catch the game in Tottenham/the stadium (if they do put it on there), but I'll be on my own if I do that.

My dad's already asked about watching the game together, and I've put him off for now by saying I'm meant to be on the stag do but haven't decided what I'm doing yet.

It's not exactly the worst problem to have, but I really don't know what to do

Completely torn. I feel like I should watch it at home with my dad but I'm also meant to be in London for a stag do that evening.

The organisers of the stag knew it'd be CL final night when it was planned a few months ago, and have stuff booked to watch the game at Belushi's in Camden. There's a lot of people I don't really know going, but seems like there's a few Spurs amongst them, including one I do know. I don't really wanna miss the stag as it should be a good day/night, but then there's also the possibility of going along for part of it, then leaving to catch the game in Tottenham/the stadium (if they do put it on there), but I'll be on my own if I do that.

My dad's already asked about watching the game together, and I've put him off for now by saying I'm meant to be on the stag do but haven't decided what I'm doing yet.

Watch it with your Dad. 👍🏻

watch it with your Dad.

Dad.

Hmmmmm... should I stay at home where the grief of failure can be dealt with in seclusion or travel to Madrid where the joy of success would be shared with thousands of celebrating yids?
:kanehand:

If possible with your old man. Every day of the week. It’s the stuff of dreams mate. A memory you will cling onto forever.
Wish my old man was around still. I’d have absolutely loved to have watched it with him.
😔

Part of the stag do, then Dad for the game. Explain the situation - they'll understand completely. And your Dad will love you even more.

If possible with your old man. Every day of the week. It’s the stuff of dreams mate. A memory you will cling onto forever.
Wish my old man was around still. I’d have absolutely loved to have watched it with him.
😔
Not trying to put emotional blackmail on ya mate, but i would give anything to be able to watch this game with my Dad.
Now for the 2nd time in a week,this here ex skinhead has tears in his eyes.Bloody hay fever... ;)

Definately watch it with your dad. Win or lose, it will create lovely memories and you can celebrate or commiserate together. Fuck sake, I've actually welled up for some fuck knows reason!

There'll be other times you can have cracking nights out (ok not necessarily a stag do, but it's essentially just a night out at the end of the day). You may never get the chance to see something like this with your dad again.

Part of the stag do, then Dad for the game. Explain the situation - they'll understand completely. And your Dad will love you even more.
If only it were that simple mate. I don't live near London so it'd be over 4 hours from where the stag is happening to get home.

To add something else into the mix, the groom to be is a gooner, but he did message everyone to say that Spurs and Liverpool fans get a 100% guilt free pass to go and enjoy the final in the best way they can. There's loads of people going anyway so I guess he'll enjoy it regardless, and if we lose he'll probably enjoy it a fuckload more.

Yeah, I was probably 55-45 in favour of watching it with my dad, and you lot have probably helped tip that even more in favour of that option.

Thanks chaps :adethumbup:

Not trying to put emotional blackmail on ya mate, but i would give anything to be able to watch this game with my Dad.
Now for the 2nd time in a week,this here ex skinhead has tears in his eyes.Bloody hay fever... ;)

and people sometimes question the 'addiction' to football. For Lots of us it's more than a game, it's our family, where some of our best and most treasured memories are created.

Semi-final against Woolwich is another of mine, getting up early, travelling 2hrs to join a 7hr queue, my old man putting me behind him when a scuffle got near us at the game, to my Dad hugging complete strangers when Gazza buried the freekick.

over 30 years later I could retrace my exact steps that day and tell you what was being cooked in the food vans from the smell

It's a shame my daughters don't have the same desire but they are still young. I however, will continue to support, go when I can and talk under my breath to my Dad about the game.

Back
Top Bottom