We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No idea about him, but I did.
When I was a kid, if the nuns at school had explained Catholicism to me in terms of being a Spurs supporter, I think I might have understood what they were banging on about.

Half time Whatsapp between my daughter and me...

T7KuHhN.jpg

I believe it was not wearing the lucky socks that did the trick.
Wow..fair play..
My other half was saying much the same as you. But she always thinks we will win, I'm sure she thinks we are Barcelona or something lol..hold on they actually were not very Barcelona were they if that's even a thing. Wish I could believe a little bit more at times just like you.. brilliant

Fair play to you mate. I hope you get those flights and we beat Liverpool so your sons can have an amazing night seeing there team become champions of Europe. I remember how amazing it was to watch finals as a kid. But some of us have just become a little disillusioned due to the length of time that Mr levy has consistently made the type of decisions that are designed to keep shareholders happy and not supporters, I personally do not trust or believe him. Maybe I should trust this team a little more, but they have been a bit flakey this season. And to constantly keep making the same mistakes in games does not show that they are learning from those mistakes. I won't be able to go to Madrid, if we do win I will think of you and your sons with a smile that they have had one if the best days probably ever in there lives.
Thanks that is really appreciated - I appreciate the negative comments during a game are bourne out of frustration and in wanting the team to succeed and I accept and agree with a lot of the opinions expressed but we’ve just reached the final of the champions league which despite our illustrious history is something we have never done before - these are heady days let’s enjoy them coys

LMAO...really...
So u believed at half time they would win, and you didn't think they had been playing shit for months..well check the form guide our points tally since January was pathetic...so we all bow to you who knew it was possible even though nothing has pointed to it being a real possibility that they would fight back.............im glad they did and you and your comments really do not concern me tbh. I'm a grown man and I say what I think and feel, I'm also happy to apologise when wrong. Unlike some.. But at least I say what I really think instead of just following the party line as if I worked for prime minister levy.......COYS

As @joeclash says you were a fucking disgrace on here all night long. watch the game again all the way through and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it may have seemed...but you gotta keep the faith and be a true fan. None of this bullshit melting in a game...if they deserve it at full time then fair enough but all the way through? Makes you out to be a bit of a cunt. So next time, fuck the fuck off....spunk trumpet.

How do I start a poll on this place?

Question: When will I have my heart attack?
Options:
1. Before 1st June
2. During the game
3. At the end of the game
4. That night, about 11pm

When I was a kid, if the nuns at school had explained Catholicism to me in terms of being a Spurs supporter, I think I might have understood what they were banging on about.

T7KuHhN.jpg

You realise you are barred from wearing the lucky socks ever again?

It’s finally soaking into my head after a tremendous night for all of our players and fans. I just want to thank all of our players who made this possible and special shoutout to Kane for carrying us through early stages, Sonny for ManCity/Dortmund and Lucas for getting us to the final. Every players made impact in the field and stepped up when we needed it. I was especially impressed by the display of Eriksen, Rose, Jan, Toby, Sissoko and Lloris. That 96min goal was a moment to remember for lifetime. And of course Poch is just magic.
You forgot llorente, he has played a huge role in all of this.

Is anyone else still waking up full of emotion and pride!!
I have come into the office this morning wearing my spurs shirt. Just waiting for my boss to have a word but, I couldnt give a toss - we're in the champions league final get in.

T7KuHhN.jpg

Ah, but I had my lucky pants on! - the ones I wore at WHL in the first leg that restricted the damage to 0-1.

I was so miserable at half-time on Weds that I forgot I had them on, if I'd have remembered I'd have taken them off and then what?
Either a) we would have lost or b) I'd have been convinced they were no longer lucky.
Whereas in fact, me keeping them on secured our victory with the last kick off the game.

So the moral is - do not give up on 'lucky' things.

[This is an example of the superstitious human brain which, as you said earlier, the Church has been exploiting for millenia.]

Last edited:
Is anyone else still waking up full of emotion and pride!!
I have come into the office this morning wearing my spurs shirt. Just waiting for my boss to have a word but, I couldnt give a toss - we're in the champions league final get in.

Haha dress down Fridays here, so I've worn my white spurs chav jacket. Fucking love it. (Still bursting with pride and a slight sense of incredulity).

Back
Top Bottom