New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello
I am Spur fan travelling to London from Greece, but can't find ticket via online system for next match on 12th May with Everton.
Do tickets have name so they ban me if i will try to get in?
If no, has someone spare ticket to buy?
Thanks mates!

What's key in that sentence is "ahead of the London Stadium". Now whilst the purple brigade wouldn't have received money from these events, it does put even more of a financial burden on the stadium owners/administrators who are still on the verge of bankruptcy. Something easily avoided if their principle tenants actually paid the going rate to rent a stadium. There are a couple of concerts that are also put on in this dump too, I'll guarantee you they can't compete with Spurs to host a concert as it still takes 6-8weeks to transform the stadium from "football mode" to non-football mode, this is done by hand hundreds of people working 24hrs a day to transform it, they all need paying. Spurs push a button and the pitch is tucked away within 20mins.

Other venues will also be panicking right now, the likes of Wembley, Emirates & O2 etc.. It will be interesting to see if we are undercutting them to get the business or if we can charge a lot more because the facilities are ten times better than any other competing venue, there will be an uptick in concessions (if shared).

Either way, it's great to have a stadium generating income for the club other than football. I was so anti the idea of the NFL deal when it was first muted, then about a year after the penny dropped, who gives a fuck so long as the coin floods in. I've forgotten how many events we can host but these another £10-£20m(??) a year to be generated here in addition to football. All whilst we are effectively sleeping in our beds.

What's key in that sentence is "ahead of the London Stadium". Now whilst the purple brigade wouldn't have received money from these events, it does put even more of a financial burden on the stadium owners/administrators who are still on the verge of bankruptcy. Something easily avoided if their principle tenants actually paid the going rate to rent a stadium. There are a couple of concerts that are also put on in this dump too, I'll guarantee you they can't compete with Spurs to host a concert as it still takes 6-8weeks to transform the stadium from "football mode" to non-football mode, this is done by hand hundreds of people working 24hrs a day to transform it, they all need paying. Spurs push a button and the pitch is tucked away within 20mins.

Other venues will also be panicking right now, the likes of Wembley, Emirates & O2 etc.. It will be interesting to see if we are undercutting them to get the business or if we can charge a lot more because the facilities are ten times better than any other competing venue, there will be an uptick in concessions (if shared).

Either way, it's great to have a stadium generating income for the club other than football. I was so anti the idea of the NFL deal when it was first muted, then about a year after the penny dropped, who gives a fuck so long as the coin floods in. I've forgotten how many events we can host but these another £10-£20m(??) a year to be generated here in addition to football. All whilst we are effectively sleeping in our beds.
I doubt Levy is provided anything other than market pricing - to your point, comparing the facilities for a brand-new multi-purpose stadium and a football-track sports primary stadium, it's not even close.

And the amount generated per year from extra events is likely closer to £30-40m. It's not chump change.

I doubt Levy is provided anything other than market pricing - to your point, comparing the facilities for a brand-new multi-purpose stadium and a football-track sports primary stadium, it's not even close.

And the amount generated per year from extra events is likely closer to £30-40m. It's not chump change.
There is a ceiling on what can be generated given the number of events we are allowed to hold from local councils. I couldn't be bothered to search for it but based solely on Emirates its £1m per game I believe (football), so assume similar for other events (even if it's a concert and one of the stands is closed to have a stage as those attendees will be on the pitch instead) I'm guessing capacity will still be in the region of 60k. £30m-£40m extra revenue seems a tad high to me.

I'm wondering if they would have the crowd crowd directly on the NFL pitch for concerts or install walk boards still - they'd need it anyway for boxing to allow for seating i think

x6sNfLN.jpg

Iran's President Rouhani makes a surprise visit to the micro brewery at the new Spurs Stadium, ahead of tonight's game. "As a life-long Spurs fan and a lover of craft beer, this is all my Sundays come together, ffs." said an impressed Rouhani. "I especially like the way the glasses fill up from the bottom. It's fucking crazy." he added, "Think I'll get one installed for the lads down at the Majlis. Good luck to the boys tonight."

Worth the comment we are winning the rugby matches against Twickenham. a purpose run rugby ground with a multi sport stadium, probaby on superior facilities (including bars, restarants etc).

So looks like we can compete and get as many events as we are allowed to put on.

Back
Top Bottom