Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's mostly subjective in the end.

I have fond memories of Martin Jol too but Poch not winning a trophy at Spurs would be rather sad for me.

I don't want to look back at his period at spurs and think of it as another "almost" period but rather one where we did achieve the concrete goal of actually winning something.
But that's not what you said :)

Did you not see the joy and love spread around this forum last night. Everyone was having a ball, mate.
Pure elation across the board as the Gooners fucked up big time and we sneaked in through the back door. Don't know about you, but I'm still on high due to our rivals failings.
But that don't mean we should all just shower the club with praise and thanks and just blindly pretend we haven't lucked our way in this time.
Our squad is clearly in need of major surgery following 18 months of neglect.
That doesn't mean those that can see it are any less happy and excited as you.
Yeah what happened yesterday papered over the cracks and we got away with one! Just hope Levy realises this also and makes sure it doesn’t happen again cos we won’t get away with it again fact united,Chavs and the goons were equally inept......they won’t be again.

We've lost 9 out of our last 10 away games! Think about that for a moment.
Nine out of Ten. Including the likes of Bournmouth, Burnley and Southampton.

That's not happened since the 70's

And your'e saying because a few other top teams are on a bad run of form it's excusable . Fuck, their own fans are raging too, man.

And you have the audacity to blame injuries and fatigue while at the same time refusing to condemn our complete lack of activity through two , complete, transfer windows in a row.

What kind of garbage is that.?

Why can't you just accept the glaringly obvious. This unprecedented burn out, end of season collapse, whatever you want to call it is a direct result of the blatant negligence of our squad these past 2 windows.

Poch knows it, I know it and you know it.

Just accept it and move on.

Just for the sake of balance, its also included Manchester City (x2) Chelsea (x2) and Liverpool

which paints it in a slightly different light

I just don't get the obsession with always having to blame someone when things don't go well. We are not the best team in the land, or the 2nd or even 3rd best at the moment.

We make mistakes as our team are human but they are our team. We didn't buy anyone. Whether right or wrong its done so lets get on with it.

Someone said we got to the semi's by VAR. That made me feel really sad as where is the appreciation for what we have achieved. Titles, cup finals and relegation's have been won and lost by player errors, referee mistakes, great goals, poor goals that have bounced off some players backside, player slips, all manner of things and now VAR. Lets enjoy our luck when we have it and remember where and who we are.

That is absolutely fucking shocking. There has to be an underlying reason for shit like this. If it is the manager, he should be sacked. Simple .
If its not the manager ( and I don't think it is) then with who does the buck stop.

Abysmal runs of form like this don't just happen for no reason.
😂😂😂

Chairman responsible for a poor run of away games

We didn't get to the semis because of VAR, we got to the Semis because we were tied over 2 legs, and kept a clean sheet at home.

Aguero was offside. That the linesman missed it, but VAR didn't, doesn't mean he wasn't offside. Llorente scored off his hand/thigh. That the rules don't permit the ref to disallow the goal, doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.

I’ve worked it out....Poch is working miracles and got us to the CL semis and top 4 with only three good players but Levy is responsible for our terrible away form.

And if we want to slag off the lack of winning mentality in the club, then it was VAR that beat City. Not sure where that leaves Poch, haven’t thought it through....

Hmmm got it!
Poch hates VAR.....VAR wanted to prove itself to Poch so won the game for us.....therefore, I can praise Poch for hating VAR, and still slag off Levy....I did it I did it!!!

But that's not what you said :)
I still stand by my statement but I should of noted the idea of comparison.

For example should Pochitino not win a trophy he won't be remembered in my mind along the same ranking of managers such as Berkinshaw or of course Nicholson.

But rather Redknapp and Jol. This dosen't mean that I think he would of been a bad manager, far from it but I'd like him to make that final push so he can enter the realm of legends.

For me the league cup win against Chelsea was one of the best memories of being a Spurs supporter and it was for many other younger fans too. That winning feeling is what I'd like to remember Poch for not a series of semi-final defeats.

I still stand by my statement but I should of noted the idea of comparison.

For example should Pochitino not win a trophy he won't be remembered in my mind along the same ranking of managers such as Berkinshaw or of course Nicholson.

But rather Redknapp and Jol. This dosen't mean that I think he would of been a bad manager, far from it but I'd like him to make that final push so he can enter the realm of legends.

For me the league cup win against Chelsea was one of the best memories of being a Spurs supporter and it was for many other younger fans too. That winning feeling is what I'd like to remember Poch for not a series of semi-final defeats.

No right or wrong answer, but how do you consider reverence of managers you witnessed first hand vs those you didn't?

I wouldn't sacrifice our history for the world, but i've enjoyed a bond and affinity with Pleat, Venables, Jol, Harry & Poch's teams that I'll never be able to forge with the AR, BN & KB glory eras....

No right or wrong answer, but how do you consider reverence of managers you witnessed first hand vs those you didn't?

I wouldn't sacrifice our history for the world, but i've enjoyed a bond and affinity with Pleat, Venables, Jol, Harry & Poch's teams that I'll never be able to forge with the AR, BN & KB glory eras....
I go back and watch old matches hear former stories and read about the past.

The most important parts of History tend to be kept alive and the mediocrity forgotten.

Someone said we got to the semi's by VAR. That made me feel really sad as where is the appreciation for what we have achieved. Titles, cup finals and relegation's have been won and lost by player errors, referee mistakes, great goals, poor goals that have bounced off some players backside, player slips, all manner of things and now VAR. Lets enjoy our luck when we have it and remember where and who we are.
That was me. The context of the comment was to point out how thin the margins are between success and failure. If that VAR hadn’t been given, we’d be saying we’d taken a good kicking by City in the second leg, no matter how heroic the performance was. And it was and I was screaming with the rest of you when we won through.

If that goal had stood, we’d be having an awful end to the season and the fact it didn’t shouldn’t really hide that we actually are having a terrible run.

We’re all aware of our shortcomings, but why should that detract from what we have achieved this season? Top 4 and a possible CL final whist playing at Wembley for a 2nd season? Come on - who expected more than that?

Back
Top Bottom