The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Close this thread, the race has been run and the photo finish shows Chelsea and Spurs....we’r all going on a Champions league tour, a champions league tour.....mind the gap goonies because North London is ours, YET AGAIN!!

jqaKeXi.jpg

This is brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant

"The fans who stayed in the ground are wankers"
"The real fans walked out"
"Guendouzi is a cartoon character"
"Sokratis is a fucking stupid.... should be a waiter"
"The Emirates stadium is a fucking disgrace"
"For 10 years, Ramsey was shit aswell"
"Fuck the Europa League"
"If we win the Europa League it's a disgrace"
"Europa League is a fucking tinpot club"
"We're a fucking shit football team. We're a fucking shit club and this club is dead"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've just seen the results, and are we lucky fuckers or what. We barely deserve it based on the shit form, but let's just take it and get the fuck out of this season asap. We got so much rebuilding to do in the summer.

100% mate.

It beggars belief but never look a gift horse and all that.

Now for a summer of excuses and rationslisation.

Normally we get fuck all luck. The whole Spursy thing not just about us fucking up at the wrong moment but others taking advantage, well not this year.

We have played mainly poor this season comparative to recent (City games excepted), been delayed at Wembley, bought no-one in two windows, had a massive injury crisis and hang over from the World Cup.

Yet here we are CL next season and a CL semi final this season. I used to think the gods hated Spurs but this season I am not so sure.

Yep, and yet we can still justifiably bemoan our misfortune this season.

You have to say that United, Chelsea and Woolwich fans should be ashamed though (and good fcuking riddance).

You have Pogba and Hazard and Aubameyang ,(blown hot and cold) in your teams and lose out to a team that has had 13 losses in a season. If I had the scar of being a fan of any of those clubs I would be seething.

We have one league game to navigate and hopefully we will play it in neutral unless Burnley lead Woolwich at half-time but too many of this season's performances have been alarming.

Last edited:
It’s probably over now but there was a final match day not that long ago where we lost 5-1 and Woolwich won 4-0, finishing above us...

Probably not going to happen again but we have previous.
we beat everton 2-6 away this season. they have nothing to play. there is no way we will loose to them by bigger margin. also Woolwich play brexit burnley away who are tougher to beat than everton.

This is brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant

"The fans who stayed in the ground are wankers"
"The real fans walked out"
"Guendouzi is a cartoon character"
"Sokratis is a fucking stupid.... should be a waiter"
"The Emirates stadium is a fucking disgrace"
"For 10 years, Ramsey was shit aswell"
"Fuck the Europa League"
"If we win the Europa League it's a disgrace"
"Europa League is a fucking tinpot club"
"We're a fucking shit football team. We're a fucking shit club and this club is dead"

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Oi Vey! Another meesa masheena for the poor Gooners!

Interesting stat regarding how the teams in 3-5th place have tailed off this season.

Those teams have played 169 games or an average of 56.33 while the teams in 6-9 have also played 169 games for a 42.25 average.

Ergo, Spurs, Woolwich and the <removed>s have played 33.3% more games than the 4 teams below us.

With our squad and lack of signings it is hardly surprising our form has plummeted.

To still get top 4 and be in with a chance of reaching the CL final is a miracle.

I must be the only spurs fan who dislikes this.
Failing to win the PL isn’t better than winning the FA Cup in my honest opinion

Think of it more literally, not when looking back over the course of a season.

Trying to win a game when you've got only 9 men on the pitch, all visibly drained might be a better example. I've watched at least 5 teams this season come and park the bus for a point. When did you last see Spurs do that?

I'm not getting the bunting out until it's mathematically impossible for them to catch us up..........but I am a lot happier than I was, earlier this afternoon. All sung out and cream - crackered, so I will you bid you all a good night. Sweet dreams all x
So you finally got out of bed after the Bournemouth game!

Don't necessarily like to point to one result for things, but in this case its hilarious. Hugo Lloris saving PEA's pen is the reason were in the CL and they aren't. :llorishowudoin:

Back
Top Bottom