Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has Sonny come out and apologised for yesterday
Give him time. He will learn from this. With hindsight he shouldn't have been sent off. Of course though, you do have to keep your cool. We didn't realise what a nasty individual Lermar is. Truly scum of the earth.

Son was stupid and it was totally out of character and as with such things just when we needed it least.

Worse actually was that we did not even have a lead to protect.

He can be excused.

Lets hope he clears his head for Wednesday and does not try too hard.

trouble with son is he has runs of good form, where he scored and looks like a world beater, then his level drops he still try's but things don't come off for him, that we could cope with if the others were taking up his dips in form by scoring, but we just lack goals from other positions, how many goals have our defensive players got us ? (Defenders & DM)

trouble with son is he has runs of good form, where he scored and looks like a world beater, then his level drops he still try's but things don't come off for him, that we could cope with if the others were taking up his dips in form by scoring, but we just lack goals from other positions, how many goals have our defensive players got us ? (Defenders & DM)

Careful with talk like that.

You'll have people coming in here acting all defensive telling you Son ISNT a patchy player. Despite their being evidence that he pretty much is.

I don't think it helps that Pochettino plays Son out wide and prefers Lucas centrally - if anything, it should be the other way round.

What's crazy is that since Kane came back into the side and then got injured again, Son has only had a hand in 2 league goals (1 goal and 1 assist) in 11 games.

Whereas in his previous 13 games before that he had a hand in 16 goals.

think the problem with playing Son down the middle is he can't win a ball in the air whereas Lucas wins lots of headers, not saying it goes where he wants but he won the ball now get the second ball.

Careful with talk like that.

You'll have people coming in here acting all defensive telling you Son ISNT a patchy player. Despite their being evidence that he pretty much is.

I don't think it helps that Pochettino plays Son out wide and prefers Lucas centrally - if anything, it should be the other way round.

What's crazy is that since Kane came back into the side and then got injured again, Son has only had a hand in 2 league goals (1 goal and 1 assist) in 11 games.

Whereas in his previous 13 games before that he had a hand in 16 goals.
But you’ve pretty much just identified why, because Moura has taken the central role. I don’t get that at all, when you need to replace goals you need to get your most consistent available scorer closest to goal?

As for yesterday’s incident, I hope the club consider appealing, Lermar is a complete shithouse.

think the problem with playing Son down the middle is he can't win a ball in the air whereas Lucas wins lots of headers, not saying it goes where he wants but he won the ball now get the second ball.
But if it doesn’t amount to anything....

Not sure what to appeal. It was a red card.
It was a push, if every shove off the ball ended in a red there’d be no one left on the pitch. I’m sure it wouldn’t get overturned but I’d want Lermar’s actions on record if I was Levy. Retrospective red for punching Son, which actually is violent conduct.

LOL. I mean, I was torn between the two and opted for Son.

But now I very much hope it goes to Sissoko. He'd be deserving and it wouldn't be as embarassing as dragging Son out at half time against Everton to receive it.
:kanehand:
Did you vote through the club? Or are yout alking about TFC voting?
I just can't fathom why anyone wouldn't vote for Sissoko. I hope if somehow Son wins it, the fans belt out 'ohhhh Moussa Sissoko'.

Been wanting us to put lucas on the wing and son in the middle. Punt balls up to lucas off the touchline and have him win some headers into the channel where Son will be running off the shoulder of a CB. I think that is how is should line up so we can play into the channels with the two speedsters we have.

Finally I can forget and forgive him for his blunder yesterday.

So glad I am able to write this, I was just so disappointed with him yesterday like you wouldn’t believe.

Reckon he went to hell and back in the last 24 hours too, he’s well rested now so he needs to score that hattrick midweek.

Seems really out of character for him, but still unforgivable for lashing out (albeit it retrospect there's a lot more to the story than a straight red card). Glad at least the pressure is off a little for the league. Hopefully he can still step it up 100% for the CL.

Back
Top Bottom