Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bournemouth player ELBOWED son in the back and nearly stomped on his foot.... I don't do Muy Thai but I guess I understand Son's reaction
He was winding him up earlier in the first half too, check this out...

So surreal though. Dele, I could understand, but it seems so unlike Son to take the bait like this.

I'm just going to convince myself that he wanted an early bath and extra rest before going on to score a hatrick against Ajax.
:bmj:

Bournemouth player ELBOWED son in the back and nearly stomped on his foot.... I don't do Muy Thai but I guess I understand Son's reaction

Shouldn’t have reacted though, he’s a pro and I’m sure he’s been through this before.

He’s probably cost us Champions League next season, really hope that’s not the case. If that happens I don’t know if I could forgive him.

Oh God I've just realised...

He's going to end up winning Player of the Season and get presented with it in a match he can't play after sparking our possible top 4 implosion, isn't he?

giphy.gif

No, it'll be Sissoko who wins the award, to the horror of some people here :sonpoint:

Shouldn’t have reacted though, he’s a pro and I’m sure he’s been through this before.

He’s probably cost us Champions League next season, really hope that’s not the case. If that happens I don’t know if I could forgive him.

Ridiculous. We're still in control. The Bournemouth midfielder played basketball (screen) then elbowed/punched him.... I see an elbow but maybe it's a punch...I think people understand why VAR is necessary

I think you’ll forgive him if he gets a hat trick on Wednesday and takes us to the final. Don’t get me wrong, he shouldn’t have reacted the way he did he definitely didn’t help our cause for a champions league place, but he has been immense for us. If we don’t get champions league I’ll look at the lack of depth in the squad, injuries, and the shit performances from the likes of Dier and Trippier before I look at Sonny.

VAR would have sent both off?
VAR allowing enforcing of things like this will largely cut it out, though. Some players do all they can to wind up opponents whenever they know they aren't being watched, and its inevitably the wound up player who ends up suffering if and when they retaliate.

VAR allows all 22 to be watched...so WUM can be caught out and punished, meaning they'll cut the fucking shite and just play football.

LOL. I mean, I was torn between the two and opted for Son.

But now I very much hope it goes to Sissoko. He'd be deserving and it wouldn't be as embarassing as dragging Son out at half time against Everton to receive it.
:kanehand:

I’m torn between the 2 but would be happy if Sissoko got the recognition after sticking with it despite all the abuse he’s gotten. A certain bus conductor might feel thoroughly disgusted though :levyeyes:

VAR allowing enforcing of things like this will largely cut it out, though. Some players do all they can to wind up opponents whenever they know they aren't being watched, and its inevitably the wound up player who ends up suffering if and when they retaliate.

VAR allows all 22 to be watched...so WUM can be caught out and punished, meaning they'll cut the fucking shite and just play football.
VAR won't be fool proof but it will help. But some will still slip through the cracks. Balotelli broke a guys nose last month and got off scott free and ended up getting the guy he injured sent off instead. And the week after he did the same thing but only got a yellow.

But it will help because it will curb the majority of this.

VAR won't be fool proof but it will help. But some will still slip through the cracks. Balotelli broke a guys nose last month and got off scott free and ended up getting the guy he injured sent off instead. And the week after he did the same thing but only got a yellow.

But it will help because it will curb the majority of this.
Some will get away with it in the game, but leagues need to get strong on retroactive fines as well. Some of it will always be tough, it's difficult to judge intent in some instances. But the blatant shit should be curbed at least.

He was winding him up earlier in the first half too, check this out...

So surreal though. Dele, I could understand, but it seems so unlike Son to take the bait like this.

I'm just going to convince myself that he wanted an early bath and extra rest before going on to score a hatrick against Ajax.
:bmj:

If you're going to get him back then do it with your feet when he has the ball at his. Leave a bit on him. Take a yellow. Off the ball like during no particular action, just makes it look worse

Back
Top Bottom