Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As someone here had put it aptly, we didn't strengthen the roof when the sun was shining.
Fuck me, that's a perfect way of putting it.

QueasyReliableCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

Brilliant post, not sure about the slagging of each other but I understand the passion.

Anyway, there are lots of positives, to be where we are in a season like this is amazing, the facts are we will be 4th after this weekend at worst, depending on results of cause but 3rd or 4th is where we will be, beat Everton and its all ok, this was a huge transitional year, as the guy above in the quote stated we are going to be operating on another level, we are about to enter a period of unimaginable success, I feel it coming, Poch had his hands tied with signings, the stadium issues, playing in 3 different grounds for home matches this year and yet we are in a Semi of the CL and whether we finish in the top 4 or not is still in our hands.

The summer will be the moment where we see how things will change, we need to freshen up the squad, get rid of some dead-weight, bring in some magic and go again.

Levy is already unlikely to spend lots of money even with CL football, without it we can kiss any sort of ambition to go higher than 4th goodbye imo.

I have one question about Poch.

He has noted in a fair few press interviews that (at least some of) the players have a hard time taking it one game at a time when we go into periods like this. That they go around worrying and thinking about the CL fixtures rather than focusing on the game at hand.

What is he doing to temper this? Why not bring in a sports psychologist to the team that can have talks with the players about this. Poch is a good manager but some things he should be able to delegate. Particularly detail work like this.

Big quotes.
But he's been saying these things for a long long time now, pretty much said the exact same thing at the beginning of last Summer.
Levy is a genius. Poch wants new signings but after a chat with levy he goes away convinced oliver skipp is a more robust kante & we are covered everywhere! Poch needs to up his debating game.

No idea how much we need to spend mate. We might get 3 players vital to the squad for a total of £50 million. Does that mean we haven't rebuilt 'properly'?
That is hard to believe when we have been told lots of times on here that it is super difficult to get even 1 signing that is vital to the squad, now we can get 3 for 50m!

He's getting too much of a free pass in my opinion. Central midfield is a complete disaster zone and it's down to the decisions he's made, not reinforcing, selling Dembele and too much faith in the likes of Dier and Wanyama, who both look shot to pieces. Winks has had injuries but Winks has always had injuries, hence even more need for cover. And he seems to have given up on Skipp for the time being. If he thinks he's not ready then why not sign someone?

It's almost like he's deliberately hamstrung himself to provide a ready made excuse.
If you look at some of the injuries, a lot were very predictable. Winks, dembele, kane, wanyama, lamela & rose were all likely injuries heading in to this season. I guess dier & dele have been the less predictable ones. We took a lot of gambles on injury prone players & lost.

If you look at some of the injuries, a lot were very predictable. Winks, dembele, kane, wanyama, lamela & rose were all likely injuries heading in to this season. I guess dier & dele have been the less predictable ones. We took a lot of gambles on injury prone players & lost.
Trouble is do you trust both chairman and manager to sort this out and recruit quality additions it's hard to see anything other than more spin and bullshit excuses come August.

Last edited:
There has never been one transfer deadline day on here where someone hasn't labelled the window a disaster because we didn't sign more players.
That's because our transfer windows are usually shitshows involving last minute bids, haggling and panic buys. Or as we saw last Summer, do absolutely nothing at all! Frustration amongst fans really isn't that hard to understand.

3) giving Dele and Eriksen the entitlement to perform however low they want to over the last four years.

4) Abandoning pressing

5) Playing Llorente with zero wingplay

6) Playing Dele CM for a season instead of using Skipp

7) Abandoning KWPs development

8) Using a diamond

9) Playing Eriksen on the halfway line

10) Ruining Davies development to reintroduce Rose who has’nt better bar two games in a year

11) Not integrating Janssen and Llorente over the last 2-3 years

12) Fighting a ref and ending up in the stands at Anfield
Go support City then you clueless melt

Back
Top Bottom