Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's getting too much of a free pass in my opinion. Central midfield is a complete disaster zone and it's down to the decisions he's made, not reinforcing, selling Dembele and too much faith in the likes of Dier and Wanyama, who both look shot to pieces. Winks has had injuries but Winks has always had injuries, hence even more need for cover. And he seems to have given up on Skipp for the time being. If he thinks he's not ready then why not sign someone?

It's almost like he's deliberately hamstrung himself to provide a ready made excuse.

It would be a sad situation a truly sad one if we went year upon year with one of our best squads we've had without capitalising on it.

Perhaps he might be remembered but I hope it's for the right reasons.

Pochettino is a victim of his time.

He has had great squads in a league surrounded by greater squads.

He has a great team surrounded by teams with unlimited resources or much bigger resources than the one he manages.

He's over achieving yet fans seem to think he's underachieving because of where he's had us and where we are at now.

Pochettino is a victim of his time.

He has had great squads in a league surrounded by great squads.

He has a great team surrounded by teams with unlimited resources or much bigger resources than the one he manages.

He's over achieving yet fans seem to think he's underachieving because of where he's had us and where we are at now.
Why does he continue to leave substitutions late why does he persist with playing Son and Lucas in odd positions and what was he thinking with that back 5 against Ajax?

A victim of his time maybe a victim of his own choices definitley.

Why does he continue to leave substitutions late why does he persist with playing Son and Lucas in odd positions and what was he thinking with that back 5 against Ajax?

A victim of his time maybe a victim of his own choices definitley.

He makes just as many good choices as he does bad. Like every other manager.

You just focus on Pochettino more because he's the Spurs manager.

He makes subs late. Hes also made subs that change games. Sometimes playing a back five doesn't work. Sometimes it does.

Why do you care about his opinion? Cunt couldn't wait for this moment.
Looks like he can't reply now anyway. But to answer your question, i respect everyone's opinion. Including his and yours.... Just a shame so many people on here are so closed off to differing views and so hasty to dish out the cards.

Looks like he can't reply now anyway. But to answer your question, i respect everyone's opinion. Including his and yours.... Just a shame so many people on here are so closed off to differing views and so hasty to dish out the cards.
I'm open to opinions. But when someone is saying same thing over and over, I'm sick of it. Negative cunts. I know, it's bad, but it's not that bad. We could be woolwich, or chelsea or united. FUck it.

He'll be here next season he turned down his chance to move to Madrid.

Anyways what other big star managers are their out in the world that would want to go to us?

He'll be here next season he turned down his chance to move to Madrid.

Anyways what other big star managers are their out in the world that would want to go to us?
If he doesn't get the cast iron reassurance of backing he's asking for, he may decide to jump before his stock starts to fall.
If we miss out on top 4, the media will concentrate on the bottlejob theme and completely overlook the fact he's been forced to operate wih his hands tied up.
If he did walk, in my book he walks away a legend and a hero. Despite no trophies.

If we miss Top 4, I now think there is a danger that Poch gets the sack.

He said it himself before. Even if he overachieved, the goal was Top 4 in the new stadium and when it came down to it, he failed at the last hurdle - the hurdle that mattered the most. The mandate he was given, he has not passed. Is it fair? Obviously not, but he cannot say he succeeded and that's what matters.

Furthermore, this isn't the first time we've imploded. If it's true that Levy was prepared to sign someone in January and Poch refused, it puts even more blame on him- even if Levy is to blame for the farcical summer window. Poch might have screwed up his last excuse. For all the wins, we've had a record amount of losses, and now an away loss streak that's the worst in 15 years. For the CL semis (which we've currently lost and look to go out with a whimper), we've had such an awful run of games. Relegation form with the amount of losses we've racked up.

Of course, that shouldn't mean he gets sacked, but the narrative looks bleak. Sprinkle those throughout the season, and you'd say it was all on Levy's failure to back Poch. Ending the season with it, and unfortunately, people aren't going to say "the WC, no signings and injuries", instead it'll be, "you couldn't manage to win 1 extra game in 15, how can you take us forward?".

It's still in our hands, but it doesn't look like Poch has a clue and that is worrying not only for him, but the club too. I may not have the utmost belief in Poch that some on here do, but he deserved to have had some cash to spend and now it appears that that may never come to pass.

For the Levy lovers, no words. This was on the cards the moment the window closed. The journey was different, the result the same. He's the most overrated, overpaid chairman in world football. Let's hope for a miracle because nothing else will get us over the line.

Back
Top Bottom