Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those of you that think you are in the know,are very annoying to us that actually are.
I have it on very good authority that the shirt of our new home kit for next season, will be mostly white in colour...
You read it here first.

#intheknow

Those of you that think you are in the know,are very annoying to us that actually are.
I have it on very good authority that the shirt of our new home kit for next season, will be mostly white in colour...
You read it here first.

#intheknow
Thank God for that.

I thought we were going to have a "retro" shirt from 1890-1895

Poch looks stressed out unsaved and too white. I am sure a win today will help right away along with Levy getting a few key players over the summer and some tans!

Don't be a twat all your life. At least make your mind up about me, one minute I'm an actual employee of the Club come to post on this forum as a PR propaganda outlet, the next I haven't got a clue unless I am sitting at a Board meeting. Shows you the troll you are, because with you it's not about what is said by someone it's all about who saying it. So what if I've made you look a pratt on here, that's just been me putting a mirror on your boring incessant rants. Just be a man and take it on the chin. If you have a disagreement with what posted then keep it to that, but you won't because for you it's all about the poster, not the content.

Much to your disappointment I haven't for once thought you were an employee of the club - no person associated with us would ever come out with the level of nonsense or spin that you do. What I think you are is someone devoid of critical thinking, someone who believes following Guardian journalists on twitter makes them informed and someone who likes to name drop scouts and youth coaches to give the impression that they have connections at the club. It's all feelings over facts with you which is why it is so easy to take you apart.

What we do know is our revenues will increase to at least £400m, what we do know is we have is MORE than £600m borrowed, what we do know is that the stadium & training ground cost in the region of £1.2b, what we do know therefore is we've paid off HALF of the stadium & training ground off already. This equates to a very healthy position to be in, especially if we maintain an estimated £70-£100m in CL revenue coming in for next and every season we are in it. What we do know is that we will invest this new revenue into the side of the football team.

What we do know is that our revenue is already close to £400 million ( it's was £379 million in the last set of accounts) so don't present this as something new. We like most other clubs have increased turnover in the majority of seasons purely due in large parts to the rampant inflation in the broadcast revenues. The club has been in the CL for 4 seasons, has been in a 60,000 + stadium for 2 seasons and in that time our market spend has dramatically reduced but according to Guido this is suddenly going to be reversed at a time when there is no new naming rights deal in place, when the club has entered into a 15 year deal with Nike which by market standards is a poor deal ( which is the Trust brought this up with the club) and where we have £600 million worth of loans that have to be repaid by 2022. The notion that because the stadium is built that our period of austerity is automatically over is just laughable. And the suggestion that the solution is that we get to the CL semi final/final each season is even more so because that is what you are saying because Liverpool who got to the final last season generated £68 million.

What we don't know is how much will go into improved wages for the players we want to keep, but without any doubt, money will go on improved contracts for some of those players. What we don't know is who those players are e.g. Eriksen, is he in our plans? Is he a player who we value at £150k-£200k pw?? Or do we think we should sell him to Madrid for £100m and buy Grealish - I've absolutely no idea. What we don't know is the amount of money we have allocated to spend on new players, that obviously is also affected by how much goes on new wages and what we get from players we sell. All this is up in the air, all this is potentially new to us.

We have already increased our payroll - it's moved with increases in our turnover and will most likely always operate at the same ratio as before at around 50-60% of turnover). And no no doubt as the broadcast revenues continue to inflate it will increase again. Listening to you is like listening to an Woolwich supporter talk about the Emirates in 2004 whilst completely ignoring the arrival of the billionaire model. The inflation in broadcast revenues has massively eroded the value of the stadium model because in a market where Gylfi Sigurðsson commands a transfer fee of £45 million what major difference does £50-60 extra matchday revenue provide us capacity wise? The simple fact is that prior to the new stadium and CL revenues we we the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league and with these we will still be that.

Why is it new and unknown? That's because up until this point Spurs (Poch & Levy) have been completely consistent in the message it has sent out to supporters in the level of the market that we have operated in. I have absolutely no idea whether we will remain shopping at this same level of market or if with an improved revenue stream it moves us up into a new level, but given everything that has been communicated as why we are building a new stadium so that we can operate at an improved level of player (and I'd say that this largely translate to the wages that players demand rather than the purchase valuation) and the words from Poch (which are all officially backed by the Club given they are from his comments at the launch of the stadium and the BBC interview) it is shaping up for a "new" or "different" operating environment for the Club.

I love these meaninglessly buzz words, quantify this 'new level' or this 'new operating environment'. The move to Wembley gave us an indication of our new revenues stream. Is a failure to make a single signing over 2 windows indicative of this new environment? You would think after Woolwich's stadium move we wouldn't be open to blindingly accepting every narrative coming from a board. I have always liked Levy but I knew he was lying through his teeth when he said that the stadium wouldn't effect our market capacity and that there would be separate budgets. No doubt you naive to think that the rationale behind the stadium move was to increase revenue side to benefit the playing side. Anyone with any semblance of intelligence would know that Joe Lewis has no love of football and the target for ENIC was to maximize the return on their investment through developing our infrastructure.

Last edited:
If it's true that he refused signings in January, then it's unforgivable, arrogant and negligent of him. Even 1 extra player could have made a difference, even if just as a rotation option a few minutes here and there.

Right, so we are reliving every managers years since Nicholson then?

Sorry, you should have been clear.
You are aware that we have won trophies since Nicholson no?

Until Poch can go all the way he is nothing history dosen't just arrive on your lap you have to build it work for it.

Semi-finalists aren't remembered winners are.

You are aware that we have won trophies since Nicholson no?

Until Poch can go all the way he is nothing history dosen't just arrive on your lap you have to build it work for it.

Semi-finalists aren't remembered winners are.

Haven't finished 1st though.

But sure.

Give me a 9th placed finish and a Milk Cup win.

Haven't finished 1st though.

But sure.

Give me a 9th placed finish and a Milk Cup win.
Yaaaawn, you do know teams can finish 4th and win an FA,League Cup or Europa trophy right?

Like Woolwich and Chelsea have.

You wouldn't be calling the FA Cup the 'Milk Cup' if we won it.

Yaaaawn, you do know teams can finish 4th and win an FA,League Cup or Europa trophy right?

Like Woolwich and Chelsea have.

You wouldn't be calling the FA Cup the 'Milk Cup' if we won it.

And a trophy isn't the be all and end all.

If you think Pochettino isn't going down in Tottenham history, you're odd.

How many times in history have Spurs finished in the top 3 and won a trophy in the same season.

Go look and get back to me.

Yep he will but he is in serious danger of not making the difference he probably deserves.

This season needs a top 4 place or a Champoons League final.

I think failure, certainly to grt top 4 will rank as one of the biggest collapses any manager would have overseen in my opinion. Not getting to a final would be the lesser of the 2 failings.

His Spurs reign may end in 9 days is my honest view.

Back
Top Bottom