Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s painfully obvious to everyone the squad needs a renovation. If the club doesn’t back Poch and the fans it sends a clear message. The club has come too far not to invest heavily given the success Poch has squeezed out if this squad he can’t keep making miracles happen

I'm new on this forum but been supporting the Yids 32 of my 38 years on this planet!!!
I guess that makes me a lifer !!!
Spurs till i die!!!

Just thinking to myself if i could take any manager at this moment in time to take over from Poch who would it be? and why would i give them the job?

Now some of you out there are thinking WTF?

We're in the Champions league semis
Made amazing year on year progress under Poch!
Nurtured talent from nowhere to potentially dominating the domestic football scene through our academy (Kane,Winks,Skipp) and identified possible stars of the future (Dier,Alli,Foyth) using extensive scouting!!
The fact is we are a Big Club going places under Poch's stewardship!

But and trust me this is a bigger Butt then the biggest munter in your office

Are we getting there too slowly?

Casing point after 5 years of being at the helm is it acceptable to constantly say you used the wrong tactics when consistently losing high stakes games on a regular basis?

Make no goons about it if your at a club as big as Tottenham are (yes.......alot of this is to do with Poch) then winning is the nature of the business and i don't just mean trophies.

Tottenham have lost more games this season then they have in the previous 2 years combined!!

Whilst a path to the Champions league semi finals has been nothing short of remarkable and we must herald another master stroke by Poch!!
It has masked our inefficiencies as a team

Loris for the main part goes missing when the going gets tough. (Gazziniiga has shown his class when called upon)
Alli for the first time at Tottenham doesn't look that up for the fight (he used to be a big game player scoring for fun against Madrid last season and bossing the best defences/mid fields in Europe)
Kane's worrying continual ankle problems
Alderwiereld isn't scoring as much as he should be from set pieces
Getting the best out of Lucas Moura consistently.

I feel like with Poch we will win something sooner or later!!not doubting his class for a minute) but if he left for Juventus tomorrow he will almost guarantee himself instant success.
The margins in the premier league are so small Pep Guardiola struggled his first season in England now look at his side go and the personnel he has at his disposal (you don't just buy that kind of success (even if the money seriously gives a big advantage) ......you build it through philosophy getting your message across to your players about how the game should be played and all your squad buy into it but more importantly invest in it by giving performances worthy of winning titles consistently)
Not to mention Pep's ever increasing personal haul of trophies as a manager.
Same can be said for Klopp - has won things as a manager and overseen and developed an exciting squad at Dortmund before heading to these shores where in a shorter space of time then Poch with a squad in a far worse place then Spurs has developed a squad capable of being world beaters for years to come.
Emery is fast becoming a grand master at winning the Europa league along with a French league and cup title to his name.

Anyway I've kind of lost any points i had lol so back to original question i asked!!!

If Poch fucks off tomorrow who would you employ and why?

I would go with Nuno Espirato Santo from Wolves - this guy has impressed geezergood19 so much since he has arrived at molineaux winning last seasons championship with Wolves highest points tally whilst electing to play in a style and panache more associated to the mighty powerhouses in European football Madrid,Barcelona ,Man City ,Liverpool etc .
All of his players buy in and invest to what they are instructed to do
he has proven success with unfancied teams
Is a former student of Mourinho (the young Mourinho before that west London tragedy happened)when winning meant everything.

sun4.jpg

I'm new on this forum but been supporting the Yids 32 of my 38 years on this planet!!!
I guess that makes me a lifer !!!
Spurs till i die!!!

Just thinking to myself if i could take any manager at this moment in time to take over from Poch who would it be? and why would i give them the job?

Now some of you out there are thinking WTF?

We're in the Champions league semis
Made amazing year on year progress under Poch!
Nurtured talent from nowhere to potentially dominating the domestic football scene through our academy (Kane,Winks,Skipp) and identified possible stars of the future (Dier,Alli,Foyth) using extensive scouting!!
The fact is we are a Big Club going places under Poch's stewardship!

But and trust me this is a bigger Butt then the biggest munter in your office

Are we getting there too slowly?

Casing point after 5 years of being at the helm is it acceptable to constantly say you used the wrong tactics when consistently losing high stakes games on a regular basis?

Make no goons about it if your at a club as big as Tottenham are (yes.......alot of this is to do with Poch) then winning is the nature of the business and i don't just mean trophies.

Tottenham have lost more games this season then they have in the previous 2 years combined!!

Whilst a path to the Champions league semi finals has been nothing short of remarkable and we must herald another master stroke by Poch!!
It has masked our inefficiencies as a team

Loris for the main part goes missing when the going gets tough. (Gazziniiga has shown his class when called upon)
Alli for the first time at Tottenham doesn't look that up for the fight (he used to be a big game player scoring for fun against Madrid last season and bossing the best defences/mid fields in Europe)
Kane's worrying continual ankle problems
Alderwiereld isn't scoring as much as he should be from set pieces
Getting the best out of Lucas Moura consistently.

I feel like with Poch we will win something sooner or later!!not doubting his class for a minute) but if he left for Juventus tomorrow he will almost guarantee himself instant success.
The margins in the premier league are so small Pep Guardiola struggled his first season in England now look at his side go and the personnel he has at his disposal (you don't just buy that kind of success (even if the money seriously gives a big advantage) ......you build it through philosophy getting your message across to your players about how the game should be played and all your squad buy into it but more importantly invest in it by giving performances worthy of winning titles consistently)
Not to mention Pep's ever increasing personal haul of trophies as a manager.
Same can be said for Klopp - has won things as a manager and overseen and developed an exciting squad at Dortmund before heading to these shores where in a shorter space of time then Poch with a squad in a far worse place then Spurs has developed a squad capable of being world beaters for years to come.
Emery is fast becoming a grand master at winning the Europa league along with a French league and cup title to his name.

Anyway I've kind of lost any points i had lol so back to original question i asked!!!

If Poch fucks off tomorrow who would you employ and why?

I would go with Nuno Espirato Santo from Wolves - this guy has impressed geezergood19 so much since he has arrived at molineaux winning last seasons championship with Wolves highest points tally whilst electing to play in a style and panache more associated to the mighty powerhouses in European football Madrid,Barcelona ,Man City ,Liverpool etc .
All of his players buy in and invest to what they are instructed to do
he has proven success with unfancied teams
Is a former student of Mourinho (the young Mourinho before that west London tragedy happened)when winning meant everything.
I stopped reading when you mentioned that Toby should be scoring more :dembelefingers:

"Chairman Levy will give FRUSTRATED Poch a huge transfer budget "

FRUSTRATED being the key word. It's what a growing number of us on here have been saying for the past couple of years !

Oh how they mocked.

Blimey JT that's a new low .... giving yourself credibility based on The Sun? are you kidding ...

As for the growing number ... would that be the extra 25,000 at home games?

FRUSTRATED being the key word. It's what a growing number of us on here have been saying for the past couple of years !

Oh how they mocked.
You agree his words the other day were those of a frustrated figure though, right?

And if the the tabloid headline read Poch Delighted with Spurs transfer strategy you'd be all over it like a fly all over shit, right?

Come on BS, all my concerns and issues have been confirmed with Poch's latest comments. I've been 100% vindicated.

giphy.gif

Oh how they mocked.
Oh My God!
It's in The fucking Sun!!! But it does show you just who and why the fans are taken like MUGS.

Again, any fan that believes a story about "transfer war chests" need to get to the front of the queue for a frontal lobotomy. Two things:
1) Can you imagine at just how brain dead a club (or business) would be to tell everyone (your competitors & the clubs that you intend to buy players from) just how much you've got to spend? Work that scenario through in your head and it's fairly straight forward to figure out.
2) If you bothered to follow what the club has been saying and doing for the past 5yrs you may have noticed that we have got to the point where our revenue streams have increased, therefore taken the club on a level in the market. It's the very reason we built the stadium in the first place. *knocks Thomas on head* The Stadium has been built, we are playing games in it, fans are spunking their hard-earned coin in it to the point we are running out of food and drink, it's sold out, it's generating money.

THIS, is what it's all been about JT. THIS is what you have been constantly and consistently been told. But please don't let that stop me you STUDYING The Sun. Lol

Transfer war chests, named amounts of kitty etc is bullshit. Spurs is in a position to spend now that's about it. It will be interesting to see how much and on what (increased wages vs new players).

Spurs is in a position to spend now that's about it. It will be interesting to see how much and on what (increased wages vs new players).

Calls out the Sun for bullshit then proceeds to claim he knows that we are in a position to spend. Classic Guido.

You haven’t got a clue as to our market capacity or is this another case of you being present on board meetings.

What we do know is that we have loans totalling nearly £600 million that need repaying by 2022 unless we restructure and there is no naming rights deal in effect at this time.

So the suggestion that because the stadium is built we must automatically be in a position to spend is an unbelievably ignorant statement to make given the circumstance.

Last edited:
Oh My God!
It's in The fucking Sun!!! But it does show you just who and why the fans are taken like MUGS.

Again, any fan that believes a story about "transfer war chests" need to get to the front of the queue for a frontal lobotomy. Two things:
1) Can you imagine at just how brain dead a club (or business) would be to tell everyone (your competitors & the clubs that you intend to buy players from) just how much you've got to spend? Work that scenario through in your head and it's fairly straight forward to figure out.
2) If you bothered to follow what the club has been saying and doing for the past 5yrs you may have noticed that we have got to the point where our revenue streams have increased, therefore taken the club on a level in the market. It's the very reason we built the stadium in the first place. *knocks Thomas on head* The Stadium has been built, we are playing games in it, fans are spunking their hard-earned coin in it to the point we are running out of food and drink, it's sold out, it's generating money.

THIS, is what it's all been about JT. THIS is what you have been constantly and consistently been told. But please don't let that stop me you STUDYING The Sun. Lol

Transfer war chests, named amounts of kitty etc is bullshit. Spurs is in a position to spend now that's about it. It will be interesting to see how much and on what (increased wages vs new players).
Hey, Guido, calm down.
I never posted the sun's column. Someone else did.
I merely commented on the fact they , quite rightly imo, highlighted his frustration at our lack of spending.

Sorry, guess I should have used the ironing font :pochrolleyes:

its a hypothetical question
I stopped reading when you mentioned that Toby should be scoring more :dembelefingers:

when he first arrived at Spurs he consistently gave 100% and got a few goals
he still gets in great positions from set pieces but has no end product.
look at Van Dijk and how many goals he has contributed this season to see that small gains within the side can generate more points

Calls out the Sun for bullshit then proceeds to claim he knows that we are in a position to spend. Classic Guido.

You haven’t got a clue as to our market capacity or is this another case of you being present on board meetings.

What we do know is that we have loans totalling nearly £600 million that need repaying by 2022 unless we restructure and there is no naming rights deal in effect at this time.

So the suggestion that because the stadium is built we must automatically be in a position to spend is an unbelievably ignorant statement to make given the circumstance.
Don't be a twat all your life. At least make your mind up about me, one minute I'm an actual employee of the Club come to post on this forum as a PR propaganda outlet, the next I haven't got a clue unless I am sitting at a Board meeting. Shows you the troll you are, because with you it's not about what is said by someone it's all about who saying it. So what if I've made you look a pratt on here, that's just been me putting a mirror on your boring incessant rants. Just be a man and take it on the chin. If you have a disagreement with what posted then keep it to that, but you won't because for you it's all about the poster, not the content.

What we do know is our revenues will increase to at least £400m, what we do know is we have is MORE than £600m borrowed, what we do know is that the stadium & training ground cost in the region of £1.2b, what we do know therefore is we've paid off HALF of the stadium & training ground off already. This equates to a very healthy position to be in, especially if we maintain an estimated £70-£100m in CL revenue coming in for next and every season we are in it. What we do know is that we will invest this new revenue into the side of the football team.

What we don't know is how much will go into improved wages for the players we want to keep, but without any doubt, money will go on improved contracts for some of those players. What we don't know is who those players are e.g. Eriksen, is he in our plans? Is he a player who we value at £150k-£200k pw?? Or do we think we should sell him to Madrid for £100m and buy Grealish - I've absolutely no idea. What we don't know is the amount of money we have allocated to spend on new players, that obviously is also affected by how much goes on new wages and what we get from players we sell. All this is up in the air, all this is potentially new to us.

Why is it new and unknown? That's because up until this point Spurs (Poch & Levy) have been completely consistent in the message it has sent out to supporters in the level of the market that we have operated in. I have absolutely no idea whether we will remain shopping at this same level of market or if with an improved revenue stream it moves us up into a new level, but given everything that has been communicated as why we are building a new stadium so that we can operate at an improved level of player (and I'd say that this largely translate to the wages that players demand rather than the purchase valuation) and the words from Poch (which are all officially backed by the Club given they are from his comments at the launch of the stadium and the BBC interview) it is shaping up for a "new" or "different" operating environment for the Club.

I have stated this is my feeling in two or three other posts too, both in the last 24hrs. I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW WE ARE GOING TO DIVIDE THE INCREASED REVENUES UP. I'M NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPURS, I DON'T SIT ON THE BOARD, I'M NOT TOTTENHAM PR. I LISTEN TO WHAT THE CLUB SAY TO IT'S SUPPORTERS, I JUDGE WHAT THE CLUB ACTUALLY DO AGAINST THOSE COMMUNICATIONS. ANY REPORTS OF WARCHESTS AND SPENDING IS BULLOCKS & BULLSHIT, BUT IF POCH SAYS WE ARE LOOKING TO REBUILD THEN I THINK WE MIGHT REBUILD BECAUSE IT IS COMPLETELY IN TUNE WITH THE EARLY MESSAGING FROM THE CLUB AS TO VERY VERY REASON WHY WE BUILT A NEW STADIUM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It's going to be interesting to see what this new era for Spurs is, I do not foresee us changing our self-financing model one bit as this hasn't ever been communicated, but we will have more money to spend, it's all about how much and where this is allocated.

Your's sincerely
Chief PR Propaganda Officer & Non-Board Member

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom