Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

If you can play 70 minutes, it really doesn’t matter if it’s the first or last 70 minutes.

The bloke came on and ran the midfield.
So logic says we may have had the game won and then took him off early instead.

Same fitness levels required

The danger of starting unfit players is that the breakdown completely and miss weeks rather than the odd game.

The danger of starting unfit players is that the breakdown completely and miss weeks rather than the odd game.

Agreed, however there's only two PL games (one possibly meaningless) and a maximum of 2 CL games to go, with the second one a month away.

Pros are able to play with injuries and niggles. We need 60 minutes out of him (I'm assuming we're talking about Sissoko) for Bournemouth and then see how he feels for next Wednesday.

Look I’ll make it simple.

If Sissoko plays for 70 minutes, it isn’t any easier physically on his injury if other people have been running around for 20 minutes already.

It makes no difference.

He himself has to start the game at some point. If he’s not fit at kick off to do that, then he is not fit 20 minutes into the game.

His body doesn’t know when the game started.
He doesn’t have to play with less effort after 20 minutes.
He still has to tackle in the first 20 minutes.
He still has to run in the first 20 minutes.

The first 20 minutes of the game is the same first 20 minutes for his body, whatever point he starts playing.
It has nothing to do with what time the game started.

If he starts playing 20 minutes into the game, it’s the same as if he started the game.

Unless you think Ajax were shattered after 20 minutes and he had a walk in the park.

I did not see that.

Look I’ll make it simple.

If Sissoko plays for 70 minutes, it isn’t any easier physically on his injury if other people have been running around for 20 minutes already.

It makes no difference.

He himself has to start the game at some point. If he’s not fit at kick off to do that, then he is not fit 20 minutes into the game.

His body doesn’t know when the game started.
He doesn’t have to play with less effort after 20 minutes.
He still has to tackle in the first 20 minutes.
He still has to run in the first 20 minutes.

The first 20 minutes of the game is the same first 20 minutes for his body, whatever point he starts playing.
It has nothing to do with what time the game started.

If he starts playing 20 minutes into the game, it’s the same as if he started the game.

Unless you think Ajax were shattered after 20 minutes and he had a walk in the park.

I did not see that.
This only factors in Sissoko, and not the opponent.

It is not illogical to claim that Sissoko coming on later in the game when returning from an injury means that he is up against opponents that are already winded and tired, and thus he will have it a bit easier compared to if he started the game and has had to keep even pace with his opponents.

It's the point behind an "impact sub".

This only factors in Sissoko, and not the opponent.

It is not illogical to claim that Sissoko coming on later in the game when returning from an injury means that he is up against opponents that are already winded and tired, and thus he will have it a bit easier compared to if he started the game and has had to keep even pace with his opponents.

It's the point behind an "impact sub".

The 20 minute mark rules that out though

It really doesn't. Ajax opened up at a blistering pace and slowed down from around the 30 minute mark right around when Moose was introduced.

For me it’s fallacy.
If you can play you can play from the start....we gambled on playing a hoof ball counter attack and bypassed the central midfield.

But it backfired because Dele and Eriksen were sleeping and Moura has ice skates on.

I was wrong guys. Given his previous years performances, when his form starting to trend upwards I was absolutely certain it was a fluke and he'd return to being utterly worthless. I have now come to accept, that he has actually turned it around, and begrudginly have to admit he's one of our best players. (WTF).

The performance against Ajax was inspiring.

D5p2kghXoAgzjGa.png

Back
Top Bottom