Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm gonna be bold, I'm gonna be really bold, I predict West Ham to finish fifth next season. And they'll finish above Spurs.

Putting aside the obv. what makes you think that?

Rice & Arnoughtavic gone in the summer. Replacements likely to be inferior.

Dildos arent gonna fund another 100m net spend this summer.

Sometimes I wonder if there is any communication between Poch and Levy about funds, transfers and targets. Poch uses cryptic and sometime conflictings messages via the media.

Even Levy knows that we need to rebuild.

Everyone knows this. This is as little a subtle dig at Levy as all the other "digs" at him.

Levy doesn't run around like a cartoon villain denying Poch transfers. Frenkie De Jong revealed that we were in heavy talks with him last summer before he decided to stay at Ajax and then move to Barca. And Grealish also admitted as much as everything being set and done before the new owners took over.

Levy knows that we need to bring new players in, and he 99% certainty wants to. It would only help catapult us forward. He's not going to bet the house on signings, but we will guaranteed see some signings come in.

And as always it is just as much on Poch. Both parties have admitted as much as Poch having final say on who Levy buys or sells. So both men have to step up.

It's more than this, imv - also a hint to Danny boy he better have that cheque book ready

Sounds awfully reminiscent of last summer's big-time "SHOWDOWN"(tm); after which Poch seemingly knocked back RM & Man U.

Dunno why peeps are so keen to propagate the idea of Levy & Poch at loggerheads... If Poch wasn't happy, he'd be gone.

All these alleged coded hints and 'messages' to Levy in the pressers....

If you don't know what "showdown" is a reference to, I suggest you have the memory of a goldfish. "Brave" and "showdown" were the theme of last summer.

All these alleged coded hints and 'messages' to Levy in the pressers....

If you don't know what "showdown" is a reference to, I suggest you have the memory of a goldfish. "Brave" and "showdown" were the theme of last summer.
I remember him saying we need to be brave which we weren't. I never recall any mention of showdown - have you been reading Twitter again?

I remember him saying we need to be brave which we weren't. I never recall any mention of showdown - have you been reading Twitter again?

I'm talking about the comments on here. All the usual suspects.

I don't do twitter.

If you're genuinely baffled search the term; if not stop wasting my time.

Sounds awfully reminiscent of last summer's big-time "SHOWDOWN"(tm); after which Poch seemingly knocked back RM & Man U.

Dunno why peeps are so keen to propagate the idea of Levy & Poch at loggerheads... If Poch wasn't happy, he'd be gone.
It is possible to have a good personal relationship with your boss whilst still disagreeing with his day to day running of things in work. I think Poch and Levy have a very good relationship outside of football. But I think there's a strong possibility they aren't fully on the same page with regard to investing in the squad.

Or maybe Poch is talking to people above Levy when these quotes come out? Who knows. But he's clearly trying to get someone to come around to his way of thinking.

Big quotes.
But he's been saying these things for a long long time now, pretty much said the exact same thing at the beginning of last Summer.

Maybe the 'interpretation' of many last summer has proven to have been incorrect.... Lovely to see the same faces gearing up to repeat the same shit all over again here this summer tho'.

It is possible to have a good personal relationship with your boss whilst still disagreeing with his day to day running of things in work. I think Poch and Levy have a very good relationship outside of football. But I think there's a strong possibility they aren't fully on the same page with regard to investing in the squad.

Given Poch's brain for figures and business; I think they're a lot more aligned than you do.

Bottom line for me; he's a man of principal - If he wasn't happy he'd be gone.

We NEED to be brave
WE need to be brave.

Same sentence. Both mean a different thing.

Context and emphasis is always key. If you ain't there , in the room, when someone is interviewed, or you don't see/ hear a recording of it, you don't know what they mean

Back
Top Bottom