Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed'in you could. However Levy had been bringing in managers for over a decade before he finally came across Pochettino. He hasn't backed Pochettino any differently to how he backed any manager before him, yet look at the way the club has moved forward in the last number of years?

I would have said it was just a long gradual process. It's not like Poch came in and it was from mid table top 4. Jol pushed us to up to Europa League, Harry started to break the top 4. Poch has come in and done well and just maintained top 4, but when the club was already in a much better position. Of course credit to him, but this CL semi final is the only sign really of any real excellence.

I would have said it was just a long gradual process. It's not like Poch came in and it was from mid table top 4. Jol pushed us to up to Europa League, Harry started to break the top 4. Poch has come in and done well and just maintained top 4, but when the club was already in a much better position. Of course credit to him, but this CL semi final is the only sign really of any real excellence.
Dunno mate. We were in a right oul state when Poch took over. The season before he took over(and indeed quite a large part of Pochs first season) still give me nightmares.

You're a bright penny.
And? You do realise the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric were constantly given new contracts in years gone by by Levy as well? This is not backing a manager differently.

In an age where West Ham and Fulham are net spending 100 million in one window and increasing their respective wage bills exponentially and players far less effective than Kane are earning over 300k a week it's surprising that people are that keen to credit levy for giving better contracts to some of the best players in the PL !

In an age where West Ham and Fulham are net spending 100 million in one window and increasing their respective wage bills exponentially and players far less effective than Kane are earning over 300k a week it's surprising that people are that keen to credit levy for giving better contracts to some of the best players in the PL !
Exactly. Trying to argue that giving Kane, our best Player in the PL era and arguably best striker in world football, a new contract is evidence of Poch being backed differently to other managers is just laughable.

Oh, he should be criticised for it then.

Fucking hell, Daniel! You piece of shit! Giving the majority of our squad pay rises.

Who does he think he is?

Exactly. Trying to argue that giving Kane, our best Player in the PL era and arguably best striker in world football, a new contract is evidence of Poch being backed differently to other managers is just laughable.
I didn't argue that though did I?

You just picked out one of the 9 contracts to make a sensationalist overblown point.

Laughable indeed.

Funny how our wage bill has never been less than the sixth highest in the EPL yet people still go on and on about how little we pay on salaries .... every single season that DL has been here we've paid more in wages than West Ham and Fulham and that gap is only getting bigger ....

Oh, he should be criticised for it then.

Fucking hell, Daniel! You piece of shit! Giving the majority of our squad pay rises.

Who does he think he is?
What are you on about?
:deledoubt:

You tried to make the point that Levy giving out new contract showed he was backing Pochettino differently to other managers, a point that is just nonsense as Levy has always been generous giving out new contracts, and now you're just mindlessly ranting? Nobody was criticising Levy for giving new contracts.

What are you on about?
:deledoubt:

You tried to make the point that Levy giving out new contract showed he was backing Pochettino differently to other managers, a point that is just nonsense as Levy has always been generous giving out new contracts, and now you're just mindlessly ranting? Nobody was criticising Levy for giving new contracts.
I was making the point that Levy handing out blanket new contracts to half our squad was different.

You then picked out a single one of those to be sensational.

Here's a question, what is the most contracts handed out in one summer previously by Levy? If it approaches 9 I'll concede he's not treating Poch or this squad any different.

What he should be praised for is continually managing to underpay some of the best players in the squad. Even Kane's new deal is probably two thirds of what he would be paid on the open market. He's shrewd.

Danel Levy gives Mauricio Pochettino a new contract...

...Superstar ''Yea, Levy can't be credited for that''.

:dembele:

Laughable logic , should the Dildo brothers be lauded for taking the obvious step of giving Declan Rice a new deal ? Nobody has said Levy should be criticised but I don't really see why he should be singled out for special praise either, any club in the PL would have offered Harry a new contract after the world cup.

Welcome back, Spursdem.

Credit to Levy for the venue. But I think Poch and team deserve the credit for getting to the semi.

Kind of backs up my earlier post. It's a shame more supporters don't AGREE WITH MY VIEWS. Poch and his dwindling band of fighters as they do for Levy and the owners.
Fixed.

Every single Spurs fan (with the exception of the hood) supports Poch you muppet.

Laughable logic , should the Dildo brothers be lauded for taking the obvious step of giving Declan Rice a new deal ? Nobody has said Levy should be criticised but I don't really see why he should be singled out for special praise either, any club in the PL would have offered Harry a new contract after the world cup.
Fortunately, I spoke about 9 contracts.

Levy should be credited with giving 9 of our squad new contracts.

Back
Top Bottom