Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Small victories. They have won trophies and lots of them whilst we have basicly just been involved but not really come close tbh...as much as it does not seem right to do what they have done, in 10 years when they are still winning regularly nobody apart from clubs like us who use the money they have as a high horse to jump on will care.. They are successful and we are Not, this season they already have a trophy and we were never going to win any of them. Next season they will upgrade and improve in order to compete and we will simply pretend to compete and buy some 3rd rate players that none of our supposed rivals will touch imo
You're probably right but fuck it, what can we do? No point moaning, just gotta enjoy the success we're having and get behind the team.
One positive to take from not getting a ticket is I'm slick as hell on the ticket site now...ain't no-one stopping me getting Everton tickets with my current mouse skills game
***Update*** my new mouse skills smashed it! South stand lower tickets secured for the toffees game :tobyarm:

Brilliant post apart from the "we're having to play players who wouldn't get game time in the championship" comment you mean?

Which players? Those players that have got us to 3rd in the Prem and Champs league semi aren't good enough for the championship?

Pathetic as always from some of our fans. Absolute melts some of them, imagine if we were shit.
Melts?😂
Championship is a figure of speech and not to be taken “literally”, I mean if I’d have said Everton, someone would have said “the way Everton play he would get a regular game, now if you’d have said Watford I might have agreed, but not Everton”.......
So which players, I’ll start of with Llorente, can’t help but like the guy but fuck me, Pochettino doesn’t even trust him in the league, the guy is reserved for League cup games at best and Llorente’s contribution in no way this season is why we are sitting 3rd, Yes we may all say it was his goal that got us to the semi finals, but putting VAR and was it handball aside, the ball just hit him and went in, his attempted header wasn’t even close to connecting, but the fact there was so much fuss made about the bloody hand ball everyone overlooked that small piece of footballing genius.
Big Vic is another one, he’s a broken man and has contributed pretty much nothing this season, not his fault, and it is what it is...
Sanchez, another bit part player, and the main reason (apart from injuries) that we resort to this back 3 crap, he’s fit, he cost 45m (club record) and he is the lesser of the 2 evils when it comes to really scraping the barrel for midfielders or forwards at the minute or going to a back 3, never underestimate an inform/injury free Eric Dier as the holding midfielder/3rd Centre half. If Toby does leave this summer having Sanchez as one of our senior centre half's next season scares the crap out of me.
It is what it is, we can’t prevent injuries, Pochettino can only do what he can do right now, the result isn’t the real disappointment in truth, the real disappointment is we couldn’t put our best players out there to represent the club in such a big occasion, if we did and we still lost, then you say fair play, but to get beat and get absolutely hammered in the press/media for it is more disappointing than the actual result itself....COYS

As I said - you have no real grasp of the game

Modric is finished at the top level
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1068076876%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

modric1507.jpg

Luka+Modric+Real+Madrid+v+Club+Atletico+de+hnF7OLfXkaSl.jpg

:allitongue:

The people at redandwhitekop are more enthusiastic about their chances to still get to the finals than many on here. Call it delusional, but I still prefer that as a believe in the team. I am positive we can still turn this around with Son back and Sissoko in midfield. Just need a win. Its doable.
Liverpool won't beat Barcelona and nor will we either they are better than anything left in the competition and therefore will win it no question.

Last edited:
Not sure about that, Liverpool dominated them mostly the whole game but weren’t as clinical.
Messi scoring the worldy and Salah missing an open net changed the tie.
If both those things were reversed we’d be looking at a Liverpool Spurs final

Not sure about that, Liverpool dominated them mostly the whole game but weren’t as clinical.
Messi scoring the worldy and Salah missing an open net changed the tie.
If both those things were reversed we’d be looking at a Liverpool Spurs final
But it won't be a bit like how Ajax were allowed to score with no spurs shirt near him for about 25 yards shocking

Back
Top Bottom