Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have an agenda against certain players, your brain simply refuses to allow you to praise them in any way apart from maybe a back handed compliment, it's just no, no their shit and i know best.
It's a shame as you obviously like your football and have a decent knowledge, not as much as you like to think you have mind.
That stops me and i would imagine many people from reading what you have to say, maybe climb down occasionally and stop being so superior, people would engage more freely.
We all have opinions but you put yours across as fact and that winds people up.
You probably don't care anyway but just my two penneth worth.

And it isn’t just one or two posters saying this

He’s even been called out twice by Mrs P for his negativity ffs

Has she got to call him a cunt before he takes heed?

Sorry Mrs P 😔

I gotta be honest... this time yesterday, I was just relieved I'd got a ticket... I didn't even LOOK where in the ground I was supposed to be... HAD it been in the away end, I still would've chanced my arm.. and HAD we scored, I'd have been THAT guy who junps up to celebrate in the WRONG END!

As it was, I was right next to the Ajax fans, and saw a few in the 'home end' but to be honest... those 'Spurs fans' around me spent most of the half moaning, complaining and giving their tactical insight to players 40 yards away who COULDN'T HEAR THEM, I was glad to move to the South Stand for the 2nd half...

Honestly, I think I've realised the major difference between English/Our fans and those from abroad...

OUR fans think they know everything, and instead of SUPPORTING the team, spend their time barracking and shouting their disapproval (as if Trippier is gonna cut inside and beat his man 'cos some know it all prick in the East Lower shouts at him!) rather than just offering their support for 90 minutes (which, as FANS, is all we can do) like the foreign fans seem to do.

I Know Dortmund seemed not to notice how the game was going with their NON STOP singing, regardless of the scoreline... but Ajax fans seemed to have more of an understanding that THE FANS role is to support, and the Coach/manager is there to berate/cajoule/encourage the team tactically!

What's the point of one guy telling Eriksen to "get stuck in"?? He can't hear him! He's better off trying to start a chant/song that gets the WHOLE TEAM GOING...
that, after all, is what fans are there for!
Good to meet you yesterday mate and glad you got a ticket..

No is my answer. But as more and more time goes by and more and more crap clubs like city and chelski win things and become these apparent huge clubs. I sometimes think what if..... and I also wonder if that is the only way nowadays to actually win.. of course everyone would prefer to be on their big horse exclaiming how we won it properly.. but I just don't think it will happen. Unless weirdly you have american owners like Liverpool who knew nothing about football, but have somehow grasped the proper way to make money is to be successful on the pitch and therefore to invest and buy world class players...

Winning nothing so far in the process and finishing behind us 8 out of last 10 seasons.

Yay, Dippers!!!!

Do you understand the concept of "support?" Because you show no discernable sign of it.
Quite aside from my reservations about your knowledge of what football is, all I see from you are post after post of you shitting the club I support, the players who represent it and the man who is THE MOST effective manager the club has ever had in terms of consistency, league position goals scored and in the time I have been supporting ( since 67) the most enjoyable performances I have witnessed. No silverware but city, Chelsea and Utd. have shown that money buys everything.
You are obsessed with stats to the point that you can't see who actually can play and who can't or isn't and your massive conceit and arrogance drips through all of your posts. How you can call what you do is how you "enjoy" your support is a mystery.
You are universally ridiculed and abused by plenty of other supporters than just me and you still don't take the hint.
Yet I'm the one with the problem?

Why don't you try to see yourself through our eyes? You write your posts, not your detractors. Stop being such a self appointed know all, it really is fucking unappealing.

This post has got me soul searching Mick, the thought of some twats on the internet thinking I'm a twat is deeply troubling.

This post has got me soul searching Mick, the thought of some twats on the internet thinking I'm a twat is deeply troubling.
oh - it goes well beyond that level.
here's another thing to think about - on a site for Spurs supporters, you are stinking the place up.
If you really were a Spurs fan, you'd do something about it.
But your comeback was another layer of arrogance.

good one

Sorry to interrupt Blakey & Mick’s love in but truly happy to see the dippers get arse slapped tonight.
Made my fucking day after that disappointment last night.
Only one English team with any real hope of making the final. We can turn around a one goal deficit with a fair wind and some luck with injured players returning.
The scousers are truly fucked.

Sorry to interrupt Blakey & Mick’s love in but truly happy to see the dippers get arse slapped tonight.
Made my fucking day after that disappointment last night.
Only one English team with any real hope of making the final. We can turn around a one goal deficit with a fair wind and some luck with injured players returning.
The scousers are truly fucked.
They would have been unbearable had they won.

The people at redandwhitekop are more enthusiastic about their chances to still get to the finals than many on here. Call it delusional, but I still prefer that as a believe in the team. I am positive we can still turn this around with Son back and Sissoko in midfield. Just need a win. Its doable.

Winning nothing so far in the process and finishing behind us 8 out of last 10 seasons.

Yay, Dippers!!!!
Very true. But you like me must have seen that the longer we fucked about just standing still when we could and should have been far and away better than them. So far better that they wouldn't have been able in 2 season's to overtake us and now be double figure point ahead of us.. and let's be honest do you ever see us challenging city for the title properly ?

Very true. But you like me must have seen that the longer we fucked about just standing still when we could and should have been far and away better than them. So far better that they wouldn't have been able in 2 season's to overtake us and now be double figure point ahead of us.. and let's be honest do you ever see us challenging city for the title properly ?

"Fucked about"?

I acknowledge the last 2 non-windows but don't see us to have been "fucking about" otherwise.

City: Not if it depends on a battle of the checkbooks, no. Finished above them 2 of the last 4 tho.... Just knocked them out of the CL too.

"Fucked about"?

I acknowledge the last 2 non-windows but don't see us to have been "fucking about" otherwise.

City: Not if it depends on a battle of the checkbooks, no. Finished above them 2 of the last 4 tho.... Just knocked them out of the CL too.
Small victories. They have won trophies and lots of them whilst we have basicly just been involved but not really come close tbh...as much as it does not seem right to do what they have done, in 10 years when they are still winning regularly nobody apart from clubs like us who use the money they have as a high horse to jump on will care.. They are successful and we are Not, this season they already have a trophy and we were never going to win any of them. Next season they will upgrade and improve in order to compete and we will simply pretend to compete and buy some 3rd rate players that none of our supposed rivals will touch imo

Small victories. They have won trophies and lots of them whilst we have basicly just been involved but not really come close tbh...as much as it does not seem right to do what they have done, in 10 years when they are still winning regularly nobody apart from clubs like us who use the money they have as a high horse to jump on will care.. They are successful and we are Not, this season they already have a trophy and we were never going to win any of them. Next season they will upgrade and improve in order to compete and we will simply pretend to compete and buy some 3rd rate players that none of our supposed rivals will touch imo

So what you're saying is:

oUtSpEnD CiTy :angryscouser:

(If not, i havent a clue what your broader point is...)

The people at redandwhitekop are more enthusiastic about their chances to still get to the finals than many on here. Call it delusional, but I still prefer that as a believe in the team.
That's beyond delusional, but I agree that we should be at least mildly positive about our chances of reaching the final and from what I see many fans here are?

That's beyond delusional, but I agree that we should be at least mildly positive about our chances of reaching the final and from what I see many fans here are?

It's true. I started reading now and there are many. There are enough reasons to believe. I just remembered from Tuesday evening. But I think many of those are gone again^^

True, but for a fair sized bunch it's just another week of pissing and moaning about trfs and cunting off large swathes of the squad/staff...

Incapable of parking that shit for a few days whilst we embark our biggest games of the EPL era.....

SAD.

Back
Top Bottom