Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wanyama and Sanchez both having nightmares, Wanyama in particular. We have looked a different team since going 4 at the back, even before Jan came off you could see it helped us.

We’ve not been at our best, but Ajax are fucking excellent. Crazy how good this team are and shame they won’t stay together.

Not sure really what we can do at this point, I think Wanyama needs to come off but will Dier be theatre much better given how he’s played since coming back? Llorente has held the ball up well. Crucial 2nd half now.
Sanchez was pretty bad for the first 30 mins, but he is getting better and better. I think the nerves got him at the beginning.

It isn't just that, he's given himself no forward options on the bench; they're literally all DMs or defenders. How did he think that he would change things if we found ourselves in this situation? Utterly bizarre
Just for laughs - who exactly do you think he could have put on the bench to bring 'forward options'. FFS don't people realise there just isn't anyone!

Nevertheless, from our first half display, Eriksen has not been too effective as Ajax press high up, and we loses possession easily. This defeat the purpose of having a back 5 to Ensure we can recycle possession.

I am sure Poch knows this and is already planning for a change to back 4 after the break.

The crowd at the stadium more than anything is really ticking me off. They don't sound like Spurs at all, bunch of punters I would imagine!

Mate the crowd was loud as fuck at the start, so loud you couldn’t even hear the CL anthem!

I have dug our support out numerous times since we moved into the new stadium but tonight you can’t fault them, the energy dropped off because the team was playing shit and Ajax were frankly making us look like a youth team.

Back
Top Bottom