Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm starting the day by a visit to White City, where I will be watching Loose Women! Booked ages ago, never really believing (but always hoping!) that we would be in the semi-final of the Champions League!
Won't have time to go home, so will make my way to the Coach and Horses a bit earlier than usual. I'll be wearing a yellow jacket, so please come and say 'hi'.
Literally nervous and excited in equal measures :)

They have a fair few of their fans in watching the training.

D5WNN_GWwAEnw1W.jpg:large

I'm starting the day by a visit to White City, where I will be watching Loose Women! Booked ages ago, never really believing (but always hoping!) that we would be in the semi-final of the Champions League!
Won't have time to go home, so will make my way to the Coach and Horses a bit earlier than usual. I'll be wearing a yellow jacket, so please come and say 'hi'.
Literally nervous and excited in equal measures :)

I went to see a recording of Loose Women many years ago, was really entertaining.

I’m not normally a full kit kind of person... but may actually give the minging home shirt an outing. Alternative is to pick up a LS 60s shirt at the shop. Such important decisions!

Is this our biggest game since I have been going (mid-nineties, as a kid)?

The only ones I can think of which rival it are the Chelsea FA Cup semi a couple of years ago. That was huge because if we had won it, it may have given us an edge over them for the league race as well.

And the other one, which may sound strange, is Stoke away in the Leicester season. Leicester had just stumbled at home to West Ham, and it looked like they might be feeling the pressure. Us winning that game at Stoke brought us down to the shortest odds we've ever been (in my time) to win the league. But then Leicester beat Swansea the next weekend (cunts rolled over for them) and it didn't really look on again even before we drew at home to West Brom, which is where we effectively dropped out of being a serious contender, whatever chavski like to think. With hindsight, you could say scum (h) or West Ham (a) that season but they didn't feel as big IMO at the time because there was still such a long way to go, and there was every chance Leicester would blow it.
That away match at Stoke is my favourite of the Poch era. Amazing crowd in our end. Beautiful chaos in the concourses. And the belief we felt at the end - God I could almost cry with how it slipped away afterwards.

I’m not normally a full kit kind of person... but may actually give the minging home shirt an outing. Alternative is to pick up a LS 60s shirt at the shop. Such important decisions!
I've got half a dozen old shirts in the loft, before we sullied our lilywhite shirts with awful red logos. Trouble is, they've all shrunk! I might buy a white tee shirt in the shop prior to the game.

I'm still laughing at the image of Pochettino meeting Levy for the first time one afternoon with the latter barefoot and wearing pyjamas.

The hacks missed a trick by not demanding more info on El Presi's sartorial elegance, I'm imagining a black silk combo, perhaps with a subtle Japanese floral print.

My gang are telling me we are meeting in some place called 'Dirty Dicks' tomorrow, before we swing into the Coach and then the stadium.

Champions League Semi-Final, ladies and gents!!! Buzzing.

I've got half a dozen old shirts in the loft, before we sullied our lilywhite shirts with awful red logos. Trouble is, they've all shrunk! I might buy a white tee shirt in the shop prior to the game.

It will be the 1991 white Holsten shirt for me tomorrow night...... For obvious reasons - plus its got a good track record!

And it still fits!!!

I’m so up for this match. I don’t care about the injuries. This is the time for us to dare, dream and deliver. Not sure I’ve been this excited for a semi final since 1991. Just don’t concede Spurs.

I’m going to Redemption Brewing for some decent beer before the stadium pre match if anyone wants to drop by. It’s good prices and you’re getting it a few meters from where it was made.

COYS.

#cantsleepwontsleep

Yids!

The nearer this game gets, the more I dread it: we are in shocking form (10 points from 10 games), and Ajax have a full squad and had a week's rest.

I just hope we're still in the tie after tomorrow.

One thing I will say is that I like that Poch put Lucas before the press pack today: my theory is that he did that to build his confidence ahead of tomorrow ('If you can do a press conference in English, why can't you be the hero tomorrow?').

What do we expect from the former Ajax boys? I hope that they're being there will somehow be to our advantage.

Please, please, please, Spurs: do yourselves proud!

I know I'm stating the obvious here, but Tripps needs a huge game tomorrow. he was rested at the weekend .

Back
Top Bottom