The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it exists though right? You can define it based on certain facts.
No, that would be a concrete noun. Luck happens by chance, and cannot be attributed to tangible actions. Unless you think all our wins and defeats happened by chance and not because of goals we scored and conceded, luck had nothing to do with it.

No, that would be a concrete noun. Luck happens by chance, and cannot be attributed to tangible actions. Unless you think all our wins and defeats happened by chance and not because of goals we scored and conceded, luck had nothing to do with it.
I agree mate, but why did you quote me?

Any Tottenham fans on here capable of having an educated conversation? Why did I have to end up running straight into all the dopey bastards? Lol

Seems a strange thing to ask on a Tottenham forum? Unless it was asked by somebody who is not a Tottenham fan and was on a piss-take from KUMB or somewhere similar...

As with any season, a little retrospective is in order. Been posted before but worth a re-look.

Note the lucky heather tattoo on the big bald guy's forearm, and the scaffolding around the stadium - sorry, that is the stadium.

You’re on the wrong forum Freddychenko. You’ll get a rise out of Mumsnet - you might get adopted.

(This is good advice)

Obviously a subtle approach is required.... But Mumsnet's gotta be pretty hot shit for romancing honeys, yeh? I know by definition they'll all have nippers, but that's merely like Partridge and his consignment of chocolate oranges, right? ...Also it's suprising how sexy the bad life-style choices of others can be.

Freddy - Can you get me an invite once you've settled and aclimatised?

Obviously a subtle approach is required.... But Mumsnet's gotta be pretty hot shit for romancing honeys, yeh? I know by definition they'll all have nippers, but that's merely like Partridge and his consignment of chocolate oranges, right? ...Also it's suprising how sexy the bad life-style choices of others can be.

Freddy - Can you get me an invite once you've settled and aclimatised?
Ha ha. My username on there is shouldertocryon 101. My inbox is stuffed. I’ll never get around to answering all of them.

I am going to start calling this the 'west ham paradox'

Namely, why is it that we smashed west ham all the time when we weren't that good, but as when we got better we started having more problems with them?

Since we first got champions league football (2010/11 season) our record has been W8 D3 L8. For what is a mid table team, that is pretty pants. Our only league double in that time was 2012/13. In 2013/14 we lost three fucking games against them. Not to mention that the 2-3 victory in 2013 and 2016 required last minute winners in games we were losing, and the 1-0 win at upton park in 2014 was a late winner after they missed a penalty. The 2-2 draw in the home game that season required a last minute goal to avoid defeat, as did our home draw last season.

I think it's a case of asymmetric pressure. We have little to gain by beating them (it's expected) and everything to lose. On the other hand they have little to lose and everything to gain, given that the players know that getting one over us tides the fans over. It's the same reason cupsets tend to happen.

I also suspect the west ham players have our number. They seem to know that if they keep us scoreless for long enough we will panic and give them an opening.

For these reasons i utterly hate it when we play west ham. Maybe this is how Woolwich felt about us when we were shit. One of the difficulties of getting better as a team is that the dynamic between rivals shifts. I've noticed that in the three seasons leading up to us finally finishing above Woolwich we didn't lose a league game against them. Since then we've lost two (nearly three) of the four we've played, despite going into each of those games as clear favorites.

I'm not saying this is a hard and fast trend, but i'm not sure if we really know how to play as favorites yet. Particularly in situations where the other team has little downside and huge upside. Something to work on for next season.

Ha ha. My username on there is shouldertocryon 101. My inbox is stuffed. I’ll never get around to answering all of them.

May I suggest a minor tweak to Shoulder-to-crayon..... A little more hidden in plain-sight. :adeninja:

By a similar token, do you think I'm onto a winner with Gin&Sympathy76?

....Or do you think TamazepanCreche would sound a little more snazzy to the socially-secluded?

Last edited:
Ossie Wembley - we’ve a friend for you. In fact, is this an alt?

If only fan forums could swap out their unwanted shite..... There'd be so much more harmony in on the web.

We could have Claude.... He can have a good rant and we can just shower him with pos rep. and 'hear hear's.

Cor the thought of it is bringing out the chemist in me..... What would happen if one release Tye-like levels of oppo delusion into the The Dippers-sphere?

Last edited:
May I suggest a minor tweak to Shoulder-to-crayon..... A little more hidden in plain-sight. :adeninja:

By a similar token, do you think I'm onto a winner with Gin&Sympathy76?

....Or do you think TamazepanCreche would sound little more snazzy to the socially-secluded?
You can fuck off with Ginni - she’s mine. Her dad is a bigwig in the ECB and she’s getting me tickets for all days of the Ashes series, and all I have to do is say “you alright honey? he sounds like an absolute pig”.

Get in line you chancer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom