The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was West Ham id be banned already laughing my bollox off.

Why does stating simple facts make me West Ham exactly?
- First post just after West Ham win at Spurs
- Can't stop talking about how lucky Spurs are to be third in the table
- Makes a fool of himself by saying that West Ham played Spurs off the park

At the very least your posts here are very suspisious.

- First post just after West Ham win at Spurs
- Tells us how lucky we are
- Makes a fool of himself by saying that West Ham played Spurs off the park

You also forgot to mention the 3 days recovery time before we played them Saturday afternoon and the semi final of the most prestigious club tournament in world football we have 2 full days to prepare for whilst West Ham got a whole week to recharge, refresh and focus on the game.

How many less games have the West Ham squad had than us this season in all competitions? 12 perhaps? 12 less games, a solid 4 days of recovery & their biggest game of the season at a time where it wasn't even the biggest game of our week. The guy is either a troll or he hasn't played football before to understand the physical and mental fatigue our boys have gone through with such a depleted and under invested squad.

It was a poor result but it won't matter in the end so long as we make up the points vs the Cherries & the Toffees

Well they do now yeah of course. Do you not get my point though?

Can I just ask.... On a scale of 1 > Brady's bra-size, how salty are you about being duped out of your home for your shitty rent-a-dome?

Does it sting further, knowing that the only reason you dozy lot bought into it was cos you thought you were getting one over us?

I get your point but do you get mine that a win & a loss is better than two draws? We've restricted our draws to one in the league all season and equalled a win total that has won teams league titles seasons previous to this one.

You focus on the loss tally but choose to not focus on the other two outcomes of a game, both of which has seen us amount the required points to rightfully be situated in 3rd as it all stands.

Last edited:
Hey Fick Freddy,

Just in case you think you’ve had the better season.-

We beat you twice, you beat us just the once, we are 3rd, you are 11th, we are in the CL semi final and you got knocked out of the cups by Wimbledon and oh yeah Spurs.

Just thought I’d point that out fella.:dembelefingers:

I think everyone gets your point but it seems somewhat confused. Losing 12 isn’t really relevant if we’ve amassed enough points to secure top 4 half the last 10 seasons. If we were sat in third on 60 points then yes you’d call that fortunate. Win the last two and we’ll better two of our own last three seasons, in which we finished 3rd both times.

I get your point but do you get mine that a win & a loss is better than two draws? We've restricted our draws to one in the league all season and equalled a win total that has won teams league title season previously.

You focus on the loss tally but choose to not focus on the other two outcomes of a game, both of which has seen us amount the required points to rightfully be situated in 3rd as it all stands.

Mate, he's not gonna undertsand this until you use pictures and teletubbies as an incremental unit.

Teams dont draw 1 game in a season. Thats why its relevant. Your acting like its a normal state of affairs.
Being abnormal isn’t the same as being lucky. We weren’t lucky to win 23 games. We weren’t lucky to get to 70 points. That’s the normal number of points to usually secure CL football. Weird maybe, lucky? Nope

Isn't it glorious how one solitary game - even losing to that shower - doesn't define our(*) season.

(*)Sorry Freddy - I meant Spurs's season.....

Btw, all the hot air about holding a record at our new stadium?
3 wins in a row at your council-ponced digs, bitch! ....Have you lot managed that yet? :allitongue:

I never disputed that in the first place. Im not sure what you dont understand about how big the odds are on losing 12 and finishing 3rd. That's luck pure and simple.

If you win 23 games in a Premier League season you can, looking at past records that you actually raised in your first message or two actually end up winning the league. How hard is it to accept we are 3rd, 2 places lower than a potential champion winning figure of 23 wins which has been achieved before which in turn balances out the losses accumulated?

Look back on our results and see how many we lost going for the win instead of settling for the draw. I can think of at least 4 fixtures where we risked it for a biscuit skip. Wolves at home, Watford away, Burnley away & Southampton away we lost because we over committed trying to get the win. All of a sudden your 12 games lost soon turns into a figure far more respectable. You need to take all into account but I'm guessing this message won't hit the sides so it's all good bro

Back
Top Bottom