The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That worked a treat today then....thank god we didn’t play KWP eh...

KWP is done at Spurs. Simply not good enough. He's looked out of his depth virtually everytime he's played. The much heralded trio of CCV, Onomah and KWP have all flounced. Thankfully the next intake looks more promising.

It's mystery to me why any of those were so highly rated to begin with. Onomah is currently stinking the place out at Sheffield Wednesday. CCV may go on to a decent career at least, but not at a top 6 club.

Bloody nose courtesy of a Hammers team who turned up with a game plan. We looked shit and tired.

Fair enough.

I assume Poch will be having a period of zen before lighting a rocket underneath our team. Time for the senior pros, Hugo, Jan, Toby etc to drag this team to a clean sheet win on Tuesday. Career defining few weeks for a some of them.

COYS

KWP is done at Spurs. Simply not good enough. He's looked out of his depth virtually everytime he's played. The much heralded trio of CCV, Onomah and KWP have all flounced. Thankfully the next intake looks more promising.

It's mystery to me why any of those were so highly rated to begin with. Onomah is currently stinking the place out at Sheffield Wednesday. CCV may go on to a decent career at least, but not at a top 6 club.

Yeah, good shout, let’s write young players off after 5 games and spend 25m on fuckers that can’t take throw-ins.

Sadly I think you are right.

This is not correct though.

He's done a lot more right than wrong IMO.

Feel sorry for the kid and feel it's prob best he moves for his own sake... He's got a decent career as a #1 ahead of him; even if it isn't at a top 4 side.

Way, way late to this one but I'm guessing here you've never lived next to "travellers" have you?

If you had you would have another story to tell. Im a lefty liberal, but in the mid 80s they came to South Hackney, to the bit of green between my block of council flats and the next one. They were there 2 weeks, in which time they

- mugged my 80 year old next door neighbour of her pension money coming out of the post office on Broadway Market
-set fire to my mates van who had an extremely modest house moving business
- stole from every shop in our street, started fights in every pub. Yes them, they looked for the fights, every time. One pub got done for having a "No Travellers" sign in the window, for some stupid reason they'd picked his pub where they were all going to go

It just went on and on. Back then, I was 25 or so, and as groovy lefty as you like. After that 2 or 3 weeks, I modified my stance. "Even the most liberal person, if they have to live near travellers, will change their views."

Since then, on a couple of occasions, the above has been shown to be true for me. Guardian reader types, friends of mine who thought I was being a cunt before came up against pikeys and found themselves fucked, for one reason or another, similar to the above (I havent mentioned the half of it before, the human shit everywhere, the babies with unwashed bums, the rubbish everywhere...)

Like I say, come back to us on this matter when you've lived next door to these people

Last edited:
Yeah, good shout, let’s write young players off after 5 games and spend 25m on fuckers that can’t take throw-ins.

I know you like seeing youth players come through, which I do too, but sometimes you just have to face facts. You could get better players than KWP for significantly less than 25 million. He's been displaced as third choice by a novice centre back over a year younger than him. KWP Vs Antonio or Felipe Anderson would have been x-rated viewing.

I have consoled myself with spaghetti and meatballs, followed by Haagen Dazs ice-cream, so not going to give myself a relapse by back-reading this thread, or reliving the game. Will give MOTD a miss too.
Too many players with an eye on Tuesday, which is sort of understandable, but a Champions League place via a top four place is more realistic, and I will be peeved if we miss out, as we should have been comfortable at this stage of the season. Ah well!
Only good thing was catching up with Rocket Rocket after the game, shame it wasn't under happier circumstances.

The issue here is that Poch is going out of way not to pick him. You know the writing is on the wall. Why do you have to keep going on and on about it?

So we’ll not have to read you telling us how tight Levy is anymore? Or how slow Llorente is?

Why do any of us go on about anything?

It’s who we fucking is Gayle

OK, so I have a completely different match experience to you all I imagine...

My best mate of 35 years standing is an old school football Hammer (without the anti semitism and racism nonsence). He was coming up my way for a walk in the hills. We made it coincide with us two watching the game, our wives taking a longer stroll. So we had beers and fun and watched the game, and took the piss and so forth, but all good.

So here's my (our) take...

We were loads better than them the first half, but they defended really well. We can't finish at the minute. Sonny's had three bad games in a row. My mate liked Moura a lot. We both agreed, we won the first half on points.,

Second half, they outplayed us, in defence, midfield and attack. We particularly lost the game in midfield, against Mark fucking Noble, who had a great game. Their counter attacks, with Antonio and the rest were always dangerous, I had to congratulate my mate on the victory and how they'd played. On balance, they deserved it. The ref had a great game we both thought, reffed it like a cup final in my mate's words.

We were pretty lagging by the end, then we had a nice lunch, more wine, lots of laughs, a briliant day with old friends. My mate only mentioned the war twice, in passing, he got away with it. If we thrash Ajax I wont give a shit about today. As it is, Im pretty Zen.

I fully understand other perspectives are availabe.

In short, YIDS

Back
Top Bottom