Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One observation. He looks a lot fitter than he ever did when he was in the team.

There is a player in there somewhere. Whether it’s one that suits our level or style of play is another matter but I don’t think he’s a bad as his reputation would suggest.
Honestly he's useless. Let's hope someone buys him. If he scores the winner in the CL final please remind me of this post and feel free to rub into my face.

Honestly he's useless. Let's hope someone buys him. If he scores the winner in the CL final please remind me of this post and feel free to rub into my face.
Paddy, they say that everyone gets their 15 mins of fame according to the late Andy Warhol, so when Vincent scores the winner against Ajax he can bask in his glory and then we can sell him!!

VJ not eligible for the Ajax game.

Looks like it will be Llorente (or Dele/Lucas as a false 9) for the first leg. I'm hoping Kane makes a miraculous recovery for the 2nd leg.

Janssen had his chance last summer to join Brighton (which, in my view is about his level). Three touches last night so impossible to judge. He's in the squad because there's no-one else.

We need to get West Ham out of the way first.

Shout out to his perfectly meaty tackle last night to win a ball back towards the end:

It's up there with this bit of madlad action from his first season:

Never ever doubt the effort.

Shout out to his perfectly meaty tackle last night to win a ball back towards the end:

It's up there with this bit of madlad action from his first season:

Never ever doubt the effort.

If we've learnt anything this season it's don't write people off who try. Look at Sissoko, I really thought he was useless. I now think he does a sterling job. Vinny seems to put similar effort in, it's this extra effort that can force the opposition to make mistakes and lead to a goal but also get he crowd behind the team. I hope vinny saw the love Sissoko got from the fans, player and manager after the City game. He too can have the same if he works hard. I just hope there is enough time for him to come good

I also think he could be a cheap contract renewal. He knows there is little chance of him going to a bigger team and little chance of a pay rise anywhere. If he signs an extension with us which matches his current deal he will likely be relieved. For us if he had bossed it we would be paying a stack more. If however poch now feels his head is in the right place and has potential then it could be good cheap option which would leave funds for other areas on the pitch.

I also think he could be a cheap contract renewal. He knows there is little chance of him going to a bigger team and little chance of a pay rise anywhere. If he signs an extension with us which matches his current deal he will likely be relieved. For us if he had bossed it we would be paying a stack more. If however poch now feels his head is in the right place and has potential then it could be good cheap option which would leave funds for other areas on the pitch.
There is no way he'll stay with us past the summer. 0 chance, imv. Take a pay-cut and reset his career - any sane player at his age would do that

His mistake (if this was true) was not going to Brighton on loan. Had he gone there and scored 15 goals, he'd probably be staying at Spurs as a younger version of Llorente for us... but he didn't and so there's still no evidence of any quality. We can't afford to give him 10 games to see what he's got and then watch him not deliver. So he has to go. Anyway, I think his replacement should be someone a bit more special; we should aim higher.

There is no way he'll stay with us past the summer. 0 chance, imv. Take a pay-cut and reset his career - any sane player at his age would do that

I get what you're saying but it's not just his decision but the clubs and a pretty big financial one. Poch has now had time to work with the player who now looks fitter and stronger. It might be less of a risk (and cost) to keep him.

If Poch says "Look Vinny, you've shown true character and grit to come back, next season is long and there are lots of games, I have you down to cover a percentage of them" what would Vinny do?

I know that's a massive leap and we've been trying to offload him for a while, maybe it's just my wishful thinking of not wanting to let someone leave who I think has a real chance.

Back
Top Bottom