The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread is my favourite by a mile now. It’s got everything. Sport. Comedy. A virtual court session. Good cunt offs. Perfect TFC with a cold beer on an evening the wife has gone to bed early.

Thanks all.

On the plus side, they did a damn good job last night of parking the bus, and it allllllmost came off.

Here's hoping they can pull it off at the Emirates, given that they're Woolwich's 'easiest' game of the run-in.
Transitive relations notwithstanding, they tied Wolves 0-0, Wolves beat Woolwich 3-1, therefore Brighton beat Woolwich 1-0. Can someone check my maths? Thanks.

As it stands:
3Tottenham353070
4Chelsea352167
5Woolwich352366
6Man Utd351364

Even if United beat Chelsea their GD will likely be not good enough. Might all change though.

WoolwichChelseaMan UtdTottenham
AprilAprilAprilApril
28 Leicester (A)28 Man Utd (A)28 Chelsea (H)27 West Ham (H)
30 Ajax (H)
MayMayMayMay
2 Valencia (H)2 Eintracht (A)4 Bournemouth (A)
5 Brighton (H)5 Watford (H)5 Huddersfield (A)8 Ajax (H)
9 Valencia (A)9 Eintracht (H)
12 Burnley (A)12 Leicester (A)12 Cardiff (H)12 Everton (H)

Hypothetically if Manu turned up against Chelsea beating them by 4-0 or more and Leicester beat Woolwich Then Manu are back in the race for 4th.....

If we win on Saturday and United beat Chelsea it's all but certain we finish top 4.

United will know it's their last chance so expect that match to be full of fireworks.

We just got to try and get past what I think will be a very difficult match.

Hypothetically if Manu turned up against Chelsea beating them by 4-0 or more and Leicester beat Woolwich Then Manu are back in the race for 4th.....

Don't know about 4-0 v Chelsea but Cardiff and Huddersfield are there for United to score goals against.
However I think United are more likely to get 4th by slip ups by the 2 other London clubs.

Imagine this scenario, scum miss out on top 4 by one point, we finish 3rd, the deluded dippers have their best season ever with all the help from refs they have had and miss out on the title by 1 point, then we get to the CL final and have to play Pool and Sir Harry Kane scores a winner in the final minute to win the CL at the dippers expense.

Fucking hell, I am dreaming lads, to dare is to do.

Don't know about 4-0 v Chelsea but Cardiff and Huddersfield are there for United to score goals against.
However I think United are more likely to get 4th by slip ups by the 2 other London clubs.

Agreed,

Point I was making Is that if Manu beat Chelsea then the goal difference between the two reduces as Manu gd goes up, Chelsea be goes down. Doubt if the score will be more than 2-0 and I'm not even confident Manu will beat them but anything possible !

So, if:
- we beat West Ham by two goals
- Man Utd beat Chelsea by two goals
- Woolwich draw at Leicester

We would be on 73 points, six points ahead of all three who would be tied on 67. And with +9 GD better than Woolwich, +13 better than Chelsea and +17 better than Man Utd. With two games to play.

Those Christmas hidings of Everton and Bournemouth have proven very useful indeed!

Back
Top Bottom