Tottenham Vs Brighton - Tues 23rd April 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was unable to attend and despite putting my ticket on exchange, only members were eligible to buy it, right up to the 3.45pm deadline. It didn't sell which was surprising given it was a great south stand seat centre of the goal. However if non members were eligible I think someone who would not usually have got tickets, would have got the chance to go. Seriously flawed rules around resale.

They're obviously trying to push everyone who wants a ticket to get a membership to bring in more revenue but the plan backfires somewhat when they stop selling memberships at the end of the year. Just really dumb all round by the club and revenue was lost tonight.

Sell trippier please. We really need to find a great right back

He's quite easily the worst footballer in our starting eleven each week now. Zero debate.

Such an awful footballer with zero signs of improvement in him. Fuck him off in the summer back to the Championship and just find a new right back. Anywhere.

Suddenly crucial last minute winners are not deemed exciting enough? I’m sorry, but many of you are watching the wrong sport.
Not sure exciting is the right adjective. Nail-bitingly nerve wrecking, blood pressure through the roof, more accurate a description. Sorry punctuation all over the place, but too tired to read through and correct.
A frustrating game to watch but at this stage of the season, the three points are the be-all and end-all. What we deserved. And Danny MOTM, IMO.

He's quite easily the worst footballer in our starting eleven each week now. Zero debate.

Such an awful footballer with zero signs of improvement in him. Fuck him off in the summer back to the Championship and just find a new right back. Anywhere.
Completely agree. It’s looking more and more like last season was a very purple season for him and this is his par. Same goes for Davies. We need to sign the Palace lad and Sessengnon.

I was unable to attend and despite putting my ticket on exchange, only members were eligible to buy it, right up to the 3.45pm deadline. It didn't sell which was surprising given it was a great south stand seat centre of the goal. However if non members were eligible I think someone who would not usually have got tickets, would have got the chance to go. Seriously flawed rules around resale.
Quite a few empty seats tonight, you'd think there are enough people out there to still want to make their first visit to the new stadium, who were unable to make the purchase. Surely at some stage, they could have donated some to local schools to get bums on seats.

Well that was fun. Nothing like a last minute winner.

Picked up a ticket in the shelf side safe standing.
Second half ended up with 5 people squeezed into 3 seats which was better than it sounds.
Good banter and proper celebrating when we scored.
Definitely going to pick a ticket up there again.

Missing Saturday but really can’t wait for next Tuesday night.

Also bumped into Thelonious Thelonious in beavertown.
Like meeting TFC royalty.... didn’t buy him a beer though. In retrospect bad manners on my behalf. I will owe you a beer T.

We have a fucking tree upfront, of course the mobility required in the final third to create quality chances is going to suffer.
My God Wanyama
Brighton haven't scored a PL goal on 7 games. Let that sink the fuck in
That just summed up Trippiers career at the club.
Embarrassing display

Fucking embarrassing.
Beyond painful
My God Vertonghen
Depressing stuff.
Llorente, never seen 45 minutes of pointlessness in my life time.
Ffs Rose too much weed has fucked up your brain.
Can someone explain to me how Trippier is still conning the club to pay him wages.
Wanyama another nothing player that shouldn't have been at the club.
Pathetic, gutless performance from the lads.
The likes of Trippier, Wanyama and Llorente are just stealing oxygen at this point.
What is the point of Davies now?

At least Wanyama is going off
What is that Trippier??
Trippier please just leave
Davies you utter clown

Shit like this makes me more annoyed than the game!

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni is a troll yes?

That win is fueling the rage very nicely indeed.....

:dembelelol:

The enemy tossing and turn tonight, unable to sleep, raging at their own clubs bottling their run in's whilst we show them how it's done. Sleep well fellow yids.

Up The Spurs!

A Chelsea fan saying ‘lucky fucking Tottenham’ has absolutely made my day. A fan from a club that has scored nothing but deflected goals for about 29 years is saying we’re lucky, just means they are genuinely scared of us now

Shit like this makes me more annoyed than the game!

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni is a troll yes?
I have no idea what you’re talking about - though I do have 2 consistently negative posters on ignore....

Just back - not great entertainment but great to win a game like that, for most of the past 30 years we surely wouldn’t have. Beating wham on Sat will do it.

Trips, Nando, Sonny and Vic disappointing tonight. Lack of ideas worrying. Dele and especially Danny excellent. Fantastic strike from Chris. Great to see Vinny come on and try bloody hard - still like the lad.

M11/A1 north both shut again at 2300 - transport infrastructure in this country is fucking useless.

Quite a few empty seats tonight, you'd think there are enough people out there to still want to make their first visit to the new stadium, who were unable to make the purchase. Surely at some stage, they could have donated some to local schools to get bums on seats.

Nice idea but kids to a game that ends at 9:40? probably not a great idea on a school night.

Around 55,000 was the attendance, however tickets sold was well over 61,000 ... it's only because Spurs are 'honest' and report bums on seats not tickets sold that this issue is even raised ...

Spurs sold 99% of the tickets, it was the ST who couldn't go that left the gaps ... that's the issue

If you allow ST holders to sell on the open market you will have 20,000 tickets in the hands of touts and agents every week, to prevent that and identify 'fake' ST holders thus requires a ticket exchange.

The club decided to pause new memberships to benefit the members who had already paid, as we already have well over 100,000 members. Creating some kind of membership points system (over and above member+) is being looked at, something along the lines of NWHL ST sales where 3 year members get a day's start over two year members, who get a day's start over 1 year members, and finally this year's members getting last dibs. That's a work in progress.

Off the roughly 7,000 empty seats well over 6,000 were never put up for sale on the exchange, hence these seats couldn't be sold as the club doesn't know until kick-off who is or isn't coming.

It's the same reason West Ham have 12,000 empty 'sold' seats most weeks, Woolwich 7,000 with Chelsea about the same.

You could of course penalize ST holders for not attending, but for obvious financial reasons no club is likely to do that .....

Just got back from the game. One frustrating fucker as I was fully expecting. Not easy even for the likes of Barca to break down teams when they play like that. So relieved/happy with the winner. Thought Rose and Eriksen were the standouts. Now the remaining games should be games of football and not training ground routines.

Nice idea but kids to a game that ends at 9:40? probably not a great idea on a school night.

Around 55,000 was the attendance, however tickets sold was well over 61,000 ... it's only because Spurs are 'honest' and report bums on seats not tickets sold that this issue is even raised ...

Spurs sold 99% of the tickets, it was the ST who couldn't go that left the gaps ... that's the issue

If you allow ST holders to sell on the open market you will have 20,000 tickets in the hands of touts and agents every week, to prevent that and identify 'fake' ST holders thus requires a ticket exchange.

The club decided to pause new memberships to benefit the members who had already paid, as we already have well over 100,000 members. Creating some kind of membership points system (over and above member+) is being looked at, something along the lines of NWHL ST sales where 3 year members get a day's start over two year members, who get a day's start over 1 year members, and finally this year's members getting last dibs. That's a work in progress.

Off the roughly 7,000 empty seats well over 6,000 were never put up for sale on the exchange, hence these seats couldn't be sold as the club doesn't know until kick-off who is or isn't coming.

It's the same reason West Ham have 12,000 empty 'sold' seats most weeks, Woolwich 7,000 with Chelsea about the same.

You could of course penalize ST holders for not attending, but for obvious financial reasons no club is likely to do that .....
Try explaining this to dipshits like John Cross. Woolwich reports 60k when they are barely cracking 50k, yet we sell 61k tickets and 55k show up and it’s a problem.

What a tit.

Back
Top Bottom