Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone at the club likes the lad, his personal situation fecked his head which is a crying shame, but since he got himself straight he's been putting in the work, first with the kids, and then finally back with the first team. Not sure he's done enough to stay, with only a year left on his contract it's sell or re-sign this summer. He's still only 24 and on a 2016 salary, why not keep him?

Everyone at the club likes the lad, his personal situation fecked his head which is a crying shame, but since he got himself straight he's been putting in the work, first with the kids, and then finally back with the first team. Not sure he's done enough to stay, with only a year left on his contract it's sell or re-sign this summer. He's still only 24 and on a 2016 salary, why not keep him?

After the rebirth of Sissoko into what he is now (after me slagging him off multiple times and being proven VERY wrong) im willing to give anyone a chance. TBH I support any of our players that put the shirt on, never booed one of our own - if hes worked hard enough for Poch to give him a chance then its all down to him

I don't understand the affection for Jansen. Every player who has not shown the correct attitude has been shown the door by Poch. The players who have not been as good but have been determined to prove themselves have been given a chance.
Jansen must have lacked the character and shown the determation to get himself into the team.
If it's a no from Poch, it's a no from me.
For me, my view on Janssen was formed when Kane was injured and he had to be our main striker for almost 10 games.

He tried so damn hard but things didn’t go smoothly. When a player struggles like that, I really focus on their (on field) attitude, rather than output. From my point of view, he always kept trying and didn’t give up.

Poch did treat him very harsh afterwards, but we don’t know the full extent of what happened behind the scenes.

The fact that he’s back in the squad and subbed on in a crucial moment will mean so much to him and I want to believe Poch put his trust back in him. And trust has to be earned, especially with Poch.

When I saw this at the time, I just thought Dier was having a laugh at something else. I still think the same.
I get what you are saying, but there’s nobody on the bench that looks to be cracking jokes with Eric. Ben Davies looks very serene (perhaps as he always does)

The fact that he’s back in the squad and subbed on in a crucial moment will mean so much to him and I want to believe Poch put his trust back in him. And trust has to be earned, especially with Poch.

I don't see it as the manager trusting him - there was no-one else to bring on! Unless you wanted to play Sanchez/Dier up front?

For me, my view on Janssen was formed when Kane was injured and he had to be our main striker for almost 10 games.

He tried so damn hard but things didn’t go smoothly. When a player struggles like that, I really focus on their (on field) attitude, rather than output. From my point of view, he always kept trying and didn’t give up.

Poch did treat him very harsh afterwards, but we don’t know the full extent of what happened behind the scenes.

He's here because we couldn't flog him, and we couldn't flog him because he's shit.

He's like a potato sandwich no one wants and you can't give it away, so it's just a case of rather than throw it away might as well take a bite . We had a bite tonight. Not very good. May as well throw it away after all.

I believe Poch is ruthless enough to not even include him in the squad if he doesn’t trust him, even in times like this.
Manager pragmatism. The injury crisis forced his hand - i.e without dipping into the Acdemy, there was no-one else.

Didn't he declare Janssen a non-person earlier this season?

I fully believe that Poch thought that Janssen would add something to our game that our Academy lads would not. If Poch is sure about an Academy player, he will bring him to the squad no question (see Skipp). I'm genuinely happy that Vincent got his chance, and I'll support him as long as he will continue to wear our shirt, even if that period will be extremely short. He obviously has weaknesses, but so has Llorente and Sissoko, and look at how pivotal they are to us at certain times. I believe that there is a good player somewhere in Vincent, maybe not a superstar, but a decent player nonetheless.

One observation. He looks a lot fitter than he ever did when he was in the team.

There is a player in there somewhere. Whether it’s one that suits our level or style of play is another matter but I don’t think he’s a bad as his reputation would suggest.

Back
Top Bottom