Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Destroyed them

And that’s why I said they would happily swap the results.
While their fans can pretend the PL is all that matters, the club, manager and players are ashamed by them booing the CL anthem, and the club, manager and players are desperate to win it.

If they don’t, they still feel like pretenders. Too much money spent so can’t behind the “Real and Barca are too strong” mantra.

It’s failure.

Glad Gazza held back against that cunt sterling or he would've received a 10 match ban for racism.
Not really sure how Sterling being a prick means he hasn’t suffered racism or his claims are false.
People need to calm it in my opinion.

I wish Jan slapped him yesterday.
Doesn’t mean he wasn’t called a black cunt by some scum Chelsea fan though.

Not really sure how Sterling being a prick means he hasn’t suffered racism or his claims are false.
People need to calm it in my opinion.

I wish Jan slapped him yesterday.
Doesn’t mean he wasn’t called a black cunt by some scum Chelsea fan though.

Yep well said.

The racist taunts against him, were disgraceful. Period.

Did he carry on like a twat against us? Yes. Let's not even compare the two. Please, we are beyond that.

Don't get the who cares bit... I care as I want to be in the champions league next season, not the shifty europa. But I really fear that is our Destiny now..... let me guess unless we win the champions league!! Get realistic we are spurs and that shit does not happen anymore..
Win all four and the least we can finish is 4th

Doesn’t matter anyway because we will win the CL.....Barca will do Liverpool over two legs but we will do them in a one off.
Ajax will be a fucking battle, but we will prevail

I hate City as a club, everything they stand for, how they’ve gone about things, and I hate pep, god I hate pep, with his grumpy teenage personality, absolute cunt

But I have an overwhelming hatred for Liverpool, particularly their fans. Entitled, victim complexed mouth breathers who wouldn’t let anyone forget it if they win the title.

I’ll never forget the dipper that rang into talksport after England got to the semis in Russia.

‘Why is everyone going on about England, they’ve only got to a semi final, we’ve won 5 European cups’

Pathetic

Win all four and the least we can finish is 4th

Doesn’t matter anyway because we will win the CL.....Barca will do Liverpool over two legs but we will do them in a one off.
Ajax will be a fucking battle, but we will prevail
Love your optimism... But not sure where it comes from tbh. We have never done that before in an advanced stage of league or cup in recent times

I think we definitely played well enough for a draw, but unfortunately now I'm not sure we've got enough in the tank to finish top 4.

Can't be too upset though, still been a brilliant season.

Nah, this is where we (FANS inc.!!!!) rally up for the final push.

7 cup finals then we can worry about the season in the PAST tense.

City winning the league is just like a void year. It doesn't really count. They've won the league lots of times recently but who could honestly say which years and how many times without looking it up? They have infinite money, it's meaningless.

Liverpool winning it would count. And that's why it would be fucking unbearable. Anyone who has grown up in south-east England in the 80s or 90s, or anyone who has been to Anfield on an away day knows this.

Nah, I fit that desctiption and i simply value the game itself (and my ability to enjoy my team within it) > having to suffer some gobby dippers next season.

Having spent 10 years + getting to where we are now; you (anyone?) relish the idea that it'll have been in vain and that we finally 'arrive' finding nothing to play for thanks to a state-sponsored monopoloy of Europe?

RM & Utd; 2 of the worlds biggest teams (+ Chavs!) are in transition, Barca looking increasingly dependent on a 30-something Messi... The door is open for them.

.....An additional reason why we did the wider footy world a favour this knocking the cunts out of the CL.

Come on man enjoy yourself a little, get that positive energy flowing for the boys. We have a chance, the whole Spurs community needs focus and passion at this stage, let loose and rip it up.

COYS!!!!

Gotta 'love' it... Spend all last summer shitting underwear over WH, Fulham & Everton's spending. FFWD to April; we're finally in the new stadium with a CL semi-final on the horizon and it's hard to argue that, aside from a brief post-match glow; the doom and despondency has lifted at all this season.

Ironic consideing the amoung of pissing and moaning that would have ensued if we'd have been knocked out this week... Eeeeeeeeven though not one of the doom crew would have predicted a win.

Gotta 'love' it... Spend all last summer shitting underwear over WH, Fulham & Everton's spending. FFWD to April; we're finally in the new stadium with a CL semi-final on the horizon and it's hard to argue that, aside from a brief post-match glow; the doom and despondency has lifted at all this season.

Ironic consideing the amoung of pissing and moaning that would have ensued if we'd have been knocked out this week... Eeeeeeeeven though not one of the doom crew would have predicted a win.

I know mate. Even if we don't get further than the semi finals, as long as we get top 4 again it's been a great season. We all want success but just enjoy it would be my advice to anyone who loves the club. This week we've had the likes of Pique, Franco Baresi tweeting about us & there's not a single football fan in the world who didn't hear about the memorable game we shared with City last week and prevailed from.

As far as I see it, a gladiator never won with an 'I expect the worst' mentality and that's where we are at now, it's gladiator time so fuck the doom and gloom, let's look up and reach for the stars.

Huge passion required, necessary and expected from every lilywhite from here on in. As Poch says, we want to touch the glory!

:tobyarm:

Then.. Maybe we can arrange an amnesty whereupon in the summer all the discontents can quietly bin off their Spurs fandom and pick themselves a cheque-book team on the proviso that no-one takes the piss out of them for being such pussys.

Back
Top Bottom