Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utilize any opportunity to criticize management. Any loss of points, at any point, is evidence we should have spent hundreds of pounds.

Fucking transfer fan boys just want to win the summer. Its pitiful really. This is the greatest Spurs squad in at least 30 years...but it's still not good enough because it isn't expensive enough.
We’re playing with the back up to the back up.

But apparently the back up isn’t good enough.

3rd. 4 games left.
CL semis....Barca, Inter, PSV, Dortmund, City

If only we bought Sessengon and Martial

OK, we're most likely gonna be 5th by the time we kick off against Brighton on Tuesday... (I'm not holding out much hope of Palace or Burnley turning it on and doing us ANY favours) ...but we can't panic... 3rd might well be out of our hands (until soneone else drops points) but 4th is STILL very much in our hands...
We can, and SHOULD be capable of stringing 4 wins together... and if we can't, that's a melt for another thread!!

Grew up in South East London and have been to Anfield and today I decided I want Liverpool to win it.
It makes no difference to me, I have zero Liverpool fans in my life, and I don’t have any social media bar this forum.
City are scum, their fans are Stoke levels of cunt, without the noise, and they can fuck off.

It would be hilarious if the only thing they won was the Mickey Mouse. Even funnier than winning nothing.....say what you want about the Scousers, at least they were there when they were shit.
Let me tell you mate, you are one of a very few that this applies to, and count your lucky stars for that.

Liverpool winning the league would be an abomination on all levels. It would be a win for their cunty entitled players, their arrogant always the victim fans, a win for the insufferable scouse infested media AND, it would leave us as the last member of the top 6 to have never won a Premier League.

Obviously emotions are running high regarding City because we've played them so many times recently. Yes it's annoying how much money they have and yes they have some snide shithouse players(which we most certainly do too, by the way) but to put them on a pedestal with Liverpool in terms of cuntishness and hatred is just absurd.

Anyone who genuinely would rather see Liverpool win a league title over City needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Utilize any opportunity to criticize management. Any loss of points, at any point, is evidence we should have spent hundreds of pounds.

Fucking transfer fan boys just want to win the summer. Its pitiful really. This is the greatest Spurs squad in at least 30 years...but it's still not good enough because it isn't expensive enough.
It's got nothing to do with spending hundreds (of millions I suppose you meant) of pounds or winning the transfer window, at least it never has been for me. I've said dozens of times that I don't care how much a player costs or where they come from, Dele's the perfect example of that. My issue was not strengthening the squad where it was patently clear we needed to, most glaringly centre midfield.

I'd agree that this is the the greatest Spurs squad in at least 30 years, although the competitition for that distinction has often been piss poor. The days of Ben Thatcher, Ruel Fox, Paolo Tramezzani and Gary Doherty are thankfully a distant memory. However, the squad today was threadbare, we ended with three players out of position in order to paper over the cracks.

We're blessed that we have a manager who, like a lot of our mums when they made brilliant meals out of scant resources, has performed miracles.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I don’t think we’ve been outplayed by City at all this season. Two 1-0 losses in the league in which were caused by sloppy defending, otherwise at least worthy of a point. Beat them and outplayed them in the UCL home leg and certainly give them a good game in the away leg. A couple of strong additions this summer and we can win the league.

Watched the game in Valletta again, but sad we didn't get the outcome we deserved. They may have had a lot of possession but Gazza wasn't the busier keeper, which speaks volumes. And how we did not get a penalty.... where's VAR when you need it?
Thought we gave them a game, considering the team we had at our disposal, and a draw would have been a fair result.
I met a friend from work in the club as she just happened to be in Malta on hols. Completely forgot I was meeting her before the game, but she managed to track me down. She had her 7 year old daughter with her, so I told the guys to swear in Maltese ;)
Will be home for the Brighton game, let's hope to get back to winning ways.

Thinking about it, I don’t think we’ve been outplayed by City at all this season. Two 1-0 losses in the league in which were caused by sloppy defending, otherwise at least worthy of a point. Beat them and outplayed them in the UCL home leg and certainly give them a good game in the away leg. A couple of strong additions this summer and we can win the league.

Exactly how I feel....barely rate them at all in the big picture. Where would they be with 50 injuries and five home games?

Foden scored. Did he touch the ball otherwise?
Shite bench to be honest for the money spent

I think we should have bought players in the summer or winter transfer windows

11 losses tells you you so much

Anyone arguing against that because of currently sitting 3rd and into the semi-finals of the CL is dismissing the relative paucity we have shown this season.

I stick to my guns and that translates to we needed to add to our rank.

We have come a long way from shipping 5 against them at home on a regular basis.

I think we should have bought players in the summer or winter transfer windows

11 losses tells you you so much

Anyone arguing against that because of currently sitting 3rd and into the semi-finals of the CL is dismissing the relative paucity we have shown this season.

I stick to my guns and that translates to we needed to add to our rank.
And ditch moaning twats that call themselves"supporters" ?

Watched the game in Valletta again, but sad we didn't get the outcome we deserved. They may have had a lot of possession but Gazza wasn't the busier keeper, which speaks volumes. And how we did not get a penalty.... where's VAR when you need it?
Thought we gave them a game, considering the team we had at our disposal, and a draw would have been a fair result.
I met a friend from work in the club as she just happened to be in Malta on hols. Completely forgot I was meeting her before the game, but she managed to track me down. She had her 7 year old daughter with her, so I told the guys to swear in Maltese ;)
Will be home for the Brighton game, let's hope to get back to winning ways.
Can you teach TFC
a. To swear in Maltese
b. To sing "being a Yid" in Maltese

?

It certainly speaks volumes.

Whilst we were outplayed by Liverpool at Wembley without some key players, we could have quite easily drawn that game (blatant penalty denied in the last minute) and we could have quite easily beat them at Anfield too if Sissoko wasn't Sissoko infront of goal. At the very least could have got a point in both.

Michael Oliver is such a cunt, getting so fed up of watching him ruin games.

Until this week I never thought I'd say this, but I'm fully in on VAR being used in every game now. It will iron out the inconsistencies and ultimately over the course of a season we will be one of the teams that benefits big time.

Back
Top Bottom