Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Delighted to see him play a full game again-could be shop window stuff though sadly:-/
I think if anyone came in for him he would be gone tbh but I would still love to see him back to his best again and staying.
Took his goal so well too.

He certainly did and was surprisingly nimble on his feet

Delighted for him 😇

Like Totti says the summer will tell us what we need to know with him-he looked oddly sad after his goal and post match interview, like he knows something we don't or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Feel like the last thing we can do is risk one of last standing CMs, even if it means starting Skipp away to City in the league.
I don't mean to be negative (especially on a day like today), but I think we would almost best be served resting a few this weekend. They are gonna be so fired up and have so much to play for its gonna be borderline impossible to beat them tbh.

I don't mean to be negative (especially on a day like today), but I think we would almost best be served resting a few this weekend. They are gonna be so fired up and have so much to play for its gonna be borderline impossible to beat them tbh.
We should rest players, but not Son cause they fear him so much. Skipp, Foyth etc would be good. Think we can get a result.

You make a valid point.

My concern is goal difference.

I suspect Sanchez and Foyth will play but we need to be careful of putting out a side that is not competitive.

God knows Lamela, Aurier and Dier owe us some service this season but yep, the game is undoubtedly a dilemma in terms of team selection.

But these are professional players paid handsomely and it was 90 minutes snd not strewn with overtime.

Great tackle.

Still annoyed that he didn't over-hit it diagonally into space where Eriksen is shouting though.

Bu fuck it. Can't be annoyed about anything from last night.
That's certainly what a player like Eriksen would have done (and rightly so), but Wanyama was probably afraid for an interception, better be sure..

Controversial comment time, but I thought he was poor for the first 70 minutes. There was a job to be done on KDB and he stood off him far too often. I can't remember which goal it was now*, but at one point KDB just carried the ball forward and Victor simply pulled out of a tackle and it led to the 3rd or 4th City goal.

However, he seemed to transform quite a bit after that moment and I couldn't fault much from then until the 96th minute (apart from that touchline clearance when there was a chance to set up Eriksen on the left... quite clearly from the video above).

* edit - it was the 4th goal, he just let DeBruyne run past incase he mistimed the tackle

Last edited:
That's certainly what a player like Eriksen would have done (and rightly so), but Wanyama was probably afraid for an interception, better be sure..

Good point - that late in the game, that close to going through, you're just going to fucking whack it as far and hard as you can without even thinking.

Either way - it didn't cost us (though may have prevented that fucking heart attack)

He really grew into the game yesterday and he made some excellent challenges, but I fear that physically he may be gone. Players were able to breeze past him. Love the fella but I think he will move on in the Summer.

Back
Top Bottom