Match thread: Tottenham vs Swansea (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo bossed it today. Earned himself a modeling gig...

HUGOBOSS2_zpsce43e9d0.png

HUGOBOSS_zps4303c3e4.png

HUGOBOSS3_zpsd7838a0a.png

I am not sure how AVB is "sticking to his system" or whatever, for starters we are changing starting formations every other game and changing formations mid-game just about each time we play too ?

To be honest I am less than impressed about how we play. For me it should be a modern day 4-3-3 all the way, 2 wingers swapping sides and swapping roles (inverted >< wide) as much as possible and a clearly designated striker playing off a clearly designated #10.

We are stuttering right now and chopping and changing all the time - from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 over 4-4-1-1 to outright 4-4-2. The downturn in performance levels itself has to be expected with 3 huge departures this summer, lots of key injuries and replacements (bar Super Jan) simply not being good enough, end of story.

To me it looks like the manager doesn't have full faith in this squad and I for one agree with him, even though I disagree with specific choices of his. We need to replace Luka, we need to replace VdV and we need a like for like competition for Ade. However that is not his fault but fault of the board.

I am not sure how AVB is "sticking to his system" or whatever, for starters we are changing starting formations every other game and changing formations mid-game just about each time we play too ?

To be honest I am less than impressed about how we play. For me it should be a modern day 4-3-3 all the way, 2 wingers swapping sides and swapping roles (inverted >< wide) as much as possible and a clearly designated striker playing off a clearly designated #10.

We are stuttering right now and chopping and changing all the time - from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 over 4-4-1-1 to outright 4-4-2. The downturn in performance levels itself has to be expected with 3 huge departures this summer, lots of key injuries and replacements (bar Super Jan) simply not being good enough, end of story.

To me it looks like the manager doesn't have full faith in this squad and I for one agree with him, even though I disagree with specific choices of his. We need to replace Luka, we need to replace VdV and we need a like for like competition for Ade. However that is not his fault but fault of the board.

System is probably the wrong word....ethos or style of play more fitting.

High line, squeezing the play in the oppos half as soon as we get it forward.

Strangle the game, using a philosophy of "if we stifle them in there half they cant hurt us"...*until they get desperate in the closing minutes and start punting long*...*Stoke next*

Its the footballing equivalent of putting a pillow over the oppos face and holding it there.

Personally I prefer the slashing the muther fucker to death method.

Wasn't Lloris supposed to be too slight of build to play in the Prem?

Wasn't Modric supposed to be too slight of build to play in the Prem?

Do you think we should scout more skinny players?

Our support is shit this season. Some people seem so spoilt and if we're not 3 nil up after half an hour they're moaning and getting on the players backs. I saw it again today. It was almost like they were Woolwich fans.

If AVB's "system", ethos or whatever is built on huge amounts of pressing, I am all for it.

Watched Spurs throughout the 90's and 00's and god knows, that a good pressing game is something I wished for a long, long time.

If that is where AVB is to start his work, then I am all for it. We are not gonna experience latin samba football with our current line up of forwards anyway. That's a good 2-3 transfer windows out in the future IMHO.

Neither are. We need a creative attacking midfielder badly.

Neither are an attacking mid? Siggy probably is, but needs some time to grow. Dempsey is a finisher with a willingness to get back on defense and make hard tackles when needed. Dempsey has never been the most creative player...but he is a quality player. To suggest he is not good enough for Spurs is a bit petulant, to be honest.

I am DEEPLY concerned at our fucking appauling support. Hardly a sound all game, only started to sign once we scored, even then nothing to put the hairs on your neck to attention. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!!!! Why are we not signing?

Tbf, it's difficult to make too much noise when you're busy trying to communicate by waving your hands about.
:freund: :avbshock: :adelol: :gallashmm:

I'll make sure I pass your concerns on.

To who please? And pass on what concerns? Thanks

Part of the reason I sold my ticket this weekend. Knew I would get smashed and not be home till 5am and the last thing I would have felt like doing was shouting my lungs out at 1.30pm for 90 mins.
It's frustrating but the kick off time is a factor i'm afraid. Especially as last night most people would have been on the piss massively as it's the last big one before a lot of people bugger off for xmas

Spurs comes first in my opinion!

Lovely 3 points today.......I thought AVB had his tactics perfect.

Completely neutralized Swansea's attack and had a few lovely chances which are usually a given w/ Defoe's clinical nature.

Good to see Vertonghen come good w/ another big big play

Regarding Defoe........Really, he is better utilized as a Super Sub for his one moment of brilliance and spot starts for Spurs crowded fixture schedule.

When he isn't finishing or getting shooting lanes, you can really see the limitations to his game and Spurs in a possession orientated attack.

If the club is serious about top4, spend some loot on an upgrade in this position and push Defoe to a smaller role.........In the end, its best for the club.

Back
Top Bottom