The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich have won 5 league away games all season...Newcastle, Cardiff, Fulham, Bournemouth and Huddersfield...the last one is the only one they've won this year....I think you are being a tad optimistic.
And all five are total dogs shit too, Newcastle probably the strongest of a bad bad bunch. The idea that Woolwich are going to win their remaining matches away from home, nah, just don't see it. Even if there was no pressure, which there is, they wouldn't do it. As it is the pressure means they'll fold anyway. Whoever wins out of Utd V Chelsea will get the last CL place.

If nothing else I've learned over the years, never assume anything, I will be on tenterhooks until it is mathematically proven that we are in top four.

There’s a reason every football team works by the mantra one game at a time.
And that bookmakers make so much money on football. It’s quite unpredictable, and never more so than when pressure starts to play a part.

So we can only strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride.

This season has not been easy but hopefully the Lane will now play its part.

If ever there was a season when it's top 3 not 4 it's now. Chavs and Goons both in good position to get through to Europa semis.
4th still gets in even if one of those teams win the Europa and finish outside the top 4.

Only way it doesn't happen is if a team outside the top 4 wins the CL as well, then its top 3, Europa, CL winners.

Yeah the only way we would not qualify for Champions League is finishing 4th, 2 English teams that also finish outside the top 4 win both the Champions League and Europa League. That's basically Man United winning the CL and either the scum or Chelsea winning the EL.

Can see one of them winning the EL to be honest, no way Man U win the CL though. IF they overturn the loss to Barca then the they have the Scousers in the semi and us (allow the optimism) in the final.

In the trolliest timeline imaginable:

City win the league, Liverpool second, United third, Woolwich fourth.

Chelsea win Europa over Woolwich in the final, Spurs beat Liverpool in the CL final on a 94th minute Kane goal caused by Van Djik slipping on the turf while in possession and Allison bundling it over the line.

I come so hard the earth starts spinning backwards like I'm fucking Superman as we knock Woolwich out of the CL.

<queue Europa flute music>
<scene>

How many times have we seen Foster play superb against us ? And then tonight he makes a total tit of himself. And that sending off is so fucking soft.

Woolwich do what Woolwich do. Wankers Wankers Wankers

Looks like three points in the bag for Woolwich just 10 minutes in. Ben Foster gifted Aubameyang a goal, then 60 second later, Troy Deeney gets himself sent off.

Back
Top Bottom