Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can play left sided centre back too (And DM)

Yeah I think he would make the ideal Vertonghen replacement. The question is do we try to sign him this summer even though Vertonghen is still contracted until 2020 when he can leave on a free, or do we wait until the summer of 2020. I know other positions need strengthening first but if there is any indication that Ake is willing to step up and join us this summer then I think we should go and get him. Sanchez, Foyth and even Dier can cover the right side of the centre half partnership but we only have Vertonghen for the left side.

By the way I wouldnt be surprised to see Liverpool come in for both Alderweireld and Eriksen in the summer

Alderweireld alongside VVD and Eriksen supplying Mane, Salah and Firminho:pochrolleyes:
Liverpool couldn’t afford the extra cost, and we’d never do that deal. Either Eriksen moves to a European giant, or he doesn’t move.

Yeah I think he would make the ideal Vertonghen replacement. The question is do we try to sign him this summer even though Vertonghen is still contracted until 2020 when he can leave on a free, or do we wait until the summer of 2020. I know other positions need strengthening first but if there is any indication that Ake is willing to step up and join us this summer then I think we should go and get him. Sanchez, Foyth and even Dier can cover the right side of the centre half partnership but we only have Vertonghen for the left side.
If we replace Vertonghen with Nathan Ake it would be a joke. Ben Davies is better.

Liverpool will be rolling in the cash after this season. They have never been scared to spend big
They aren’t rolling in it to the point of being not caring about the numbers. Levy flat out would refuse and demand £120m+. And they can’t afford that and cover wages. Which are already excessively high for them.

They aren’t rolling in it to the point of being not caring about the numbers. Levy flat out would refuse and demand £120m+. And they can’t afford that and cover wages. Which are already excessively high for them.
Milner will be on the sames wages as Eriksen will want, they can spend £120 easy enough, it won't be funds for that stop it but our owner

By the way I wouldnt be surprised to see Liverpool come in for both Alderweireld and Eriksen in the summer

Alderweireld alongside VVD and Eriksen supplying Mane, Salah and Firminho:pochrolleyes:
It's ok because we're going to sign Grealish and Sessegnon. Oh and Daniel James, the god of speed. :adestare:
Barcelona and Real Madrid will shit their pants next year.

So what are you saying? We replace Eriksen and Alderweireld with two players at £100m each and call it a day?
In my opinion if the club's replacing two key first team players with decent Championship players then we're simply not going to challenge for the bigger things. We will never ever challenge for the title or Champions League with Championship prospects. This is a summer where we must spend considerably (or whatever it takes) to replace a few first 11 players. After this is sorted, then we can spend on Championship youngsters and help them develop if we need to.

Back
Top Bottom