Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aguero also went off today and went straight down the tunnel with a physio

Undoubtedly tweaked something. He is always a quiet sufferer but you do not go down the tunnel if you don't feel uncomfortable.

Mind you Jesus is more than capable.

If Fernandinho is not fully fit and he won't be then Sissoko and Winks (if fit) can grab an element of control.

I think we will respect City but not fear them.

Undoubtedly tweaked something. He is always a quiet sufferer but you do not go down the tunnel if you don't feel uncomfortable.

Mind you Jesus is more than capable.

If Fernandinho is not fully fit and he won't be then Sissoko and Winks (if fit) can grab an element of control.

I think we will respect City but not fear them.

I think Jesus has been pretty poor this season, Guardiola doesn't seem to trust him.

And, yes, it's more unusual to go down the tunnel at somewhere like Palace - where it's not just behind the dugout. Guardiola has played it down, but I guess he would.

Reckon Moura will start rather than Llorente for defensive reasons.
Personally, I'd rather have Sonny and Llorente start. Moura had a good game but between Sonny and him, there just isn't a competition in my mind. Fernando's hold-up play was great and could be instrumental in creating changes for Sonny and allowing us to hold possession.

City's CBs are coached to cheat and with constantly put in little fouls. I don't fancy Son, Alli or Moura to win any long balls and for that reason I think Llorente should be starting. His strength and hold up play may be crucial to if we are pushed back by City.

We can't afford for De Bryne or Silva to have any time on the ball to pick out passes and need to shut down their passing lanes quickly. Sterling and Sane will constantly be running in behind our full backs and thankfully we will have VAR to fall back on if the back 4 holds its line for offside.

The game will be won or lost in midfield. If we allow them time on the ball to pick out passes; our defenders won't be able to cope with the pace and skill of the City front 3. Keeping our energy high will be key and using our subs will be crucial. We need to win in the 90 minutes and gamble that it won't go to extra time.

The thing in this game is that ONLY at 3 nil at any point to City are we completely on the back foot.

Up to then and only then we are able to always make City fearful.

Put it this way City are going to havve to be very good and us pretty bad. Both are possible as we know.

The lock down at our place was a bonus in the same way it is for all 3 quarter-final teams who won without conceding.

Last edited:
So you prefer Pool to win it?

I would hate it if pool won it, but after the last minute goal Pickford gifted them and the lloris blunder I am starting to come to terms with the fact they are going to win it, and the only thing that is keeping me going in this dark time is knowing we are going to win the CL so fuck the victims!

One thing he's execptionally good at and we're really gonna miss in this game is Kane's ability to hold the ball up and win us free kicks high up the pitch to break up the relentless pressure from City.

City's CBs are coached to cheat and with constantly put in little fouls. I don't fancy Son, Alli or Moura to win any long balls and for that reason I think Llorente should be starting. His strength and hold up play may be crucial to if we are pushed back by City.

We can't afford for De Bryne or Silva to have any time on the ball to pick out passes and need to shut down their passing lanes quickly. Sterling and Sane will constantly be running in behind our full backs and thankfully we will have VAR to fall back on if the back 4 holds its line for offside.

The game will be won or lost in midfield. If we allow them time on the ball to pick out passes; our defenders won't be able to cope with the pace and skill of the City front 3. Keeping our energy high will be key and using our subs will be crucial. We need to win in the 90 minutes and gamble that it won't go to extra time.

Crazy that when playing the most expensively assembled squad ever, with a manager touted as creating the best teams to watch that we have to worry about them fouling and cheating...

Back
Top Bottom