Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New stadium definitely helping us out at this stage.

at Wembley, we'd have been lucky to get 40k for today and we'd probably have just about scraped a 1-0 win.

Yes they are mate. Poch made 7 changes, we spanked them 4-0, but it’s still not good enough for some. I give up.

Agreed Joe.

It was a professional job that we did, and one that could have turned into another Burnley or Saints game. Those two losses still hurt Poch, and today i thought we see the right attitude from all the players on the pitch from the get go.

Great performance given the amount of changes. Nice to see Vic back, Sissoko was immense again.. What a turn around.
The atmosphere was good at times but died a bit once the 2nd went in, it was a bit of a walk in the park and that dampens the adrenaline etc.
There really are some Cunt stewards at the new ground.. They were bragging to people about having their season ticket cancelled, one of them will take a proper pasting soon if they don't stop being cunts of the highest order.

It's a real pleasure going to the new ground, bit of an early kick off but plenty of time to enjoy a drink or two after.. Met some Huddersfield fans after and they were blown away with the new ground., One claimed to have been to every away game for the last two seasons and reckons no other ground comes even close.

I know Huddersfield were utter shite but Wanyama was a massive positive today. 63/77 passes (most of anyone ahead of the back3), 4 tackles (joint most of anyone), scored a cracking goal too.

If that was Sissoko this place would be full of cultists sucking each other into a frenzy.

Very poor opposition but the best 90 big Vic’s had for a very long time. Be nice to see him get some games now if he can stay fit, next to Winks, could be a nice balance.
I agree with this, but don't understand why you had to make a snidey remark about Moussa, it's so unnecessary.

Really?
It was an accomplished performance, utilising our squad. I couldn’t really criticise anyone.
Each to their own...
Fucking hell.
I don't actually think we were that good. They were just disgracefully bad. Something has gone badly wrong at that club. No team should be that level in the premier league.
Great result, decent enough performance, although it is difficult to tell. Lucas, Wanyama, Sissoko and Foyth all great.

I don't actually think we were that good. They were just disgracefully bad. Something has gone badly wrong at that club. No team should be that level in the premier league.
Great result, decent enough performance, although it is difficult to tell. Lucas, Wanyama, Sissoko and Foyth all great.
I think we can be cautiously pleased. We looked good, but the rest of the teams we play will be far tougher. Lucas, Llorente, and Foyth were very good and deserve more playing time.

Subjective ?

Fuck off and die you gooner cunt. :pocheyes:

Must admit, a big fan of early Saturday kick-off, if we don't play at 3pm, especially when we win.
Managed to catch up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Boltonspur Boltonspur before the game, shame that we ran out of time to meet up with 1882 1882 , hopefully next time. So glad Mick Cooper Mick Cooper was able to get to his first game at the new stadium - you can take out the ear plugs out now, Mick.
Second time I've sat in my seat and although I still would like to move to the South Stand, getting used to it and bonding with the people nearby. As I'm sitting in the corner near the South Stand, I can sing to my heart's content without sticking out like a sore thumb.
I know Huddersfield are pretty poor, but I was still nervous before the game, as that team hadn't played together before and I thought it might be a bit disjointed, but a smooth, professional performance by all of the team, and some lovely passages of play. But so glad that we got two goals reasonably early, as that settled us a bit and think the final score reflected our dominance.
Loved the bit at the end with Lucas and son. What a cute kid, he was definitely playing to the camera. I think sometimes we forget that footballers are just human beings, with the same worries and hopes for their families like us (albeit with a huge bank account!).

He just flat out doesn't understand football
Yeah, as if your tackling and intercepting stats are going to be high when your team has 90% possession.. :pochfacepalm:

As Sammy says, this is a guy who has to read a graph to see if we played well. I remember him in a match thread a couple of months ago saying we were playing 4 at the back when it was perfectly obvious after 5 minutes of the game that we were playing a 3. He wouldn’t concede that point until at least 20 people laughed at him, and then he made up a ridiculous, bullshit excuse. He’s the least knowledgeable poster on here and he doesn’t even understand what he’s watching, needing recourse to statsbomb to explain it for him.

As to what Sissoko did to him can only be imagined.

This forum fascinates me at times. Achieve a comfortable, routine 4-0 win, with some nice goals and good individual performances, and yet some still find room for a gripe and heated exchange. Amazing.

And bus-conductor bus-conductor is conspicuous by his absence after his juvenile post for which he’s been roundly ridiculed.

Suggested reading BC. Although in my opinion we’d need to go further back still for you to grasp the basics.

Great game, Enjoyed the match and could not asked for a better performance! , was in the north stand right next to the away fans and everybody was sitting down i remeber the old days where we would have a laugh with the away fans and be stood for the whole match it was a very boring atmosphere in the stand , next time i know to go to the south stand which is where it seems everybody has gone too

Back
Top Bottom