New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt like the stewards didn't really need to tell people to sit down either, people were making it easy for them. Once the front row sits down then it's game over as it'll be a ripple effect.

firstly old trafford is a dump. facilities are piss poor.
as for today yeah the atmosphere wasn't off the scale but was certainly better than most games at the Lane .
loads of newbies around me today, less moaning so that's a good thing.

what a performance with one eye on man city.,
great day all round I thought.

There was one absolute wanker in a trench coat who I saw stood in at least 4 different stands giving it the big "Frankie Fryer" act. Obviously completely gacked up, mouthing off to everyone and anyone about standing up. Sorry if that was any of you lot! Didn't exactly help our case though as that's not the way to handle yourself.

Was over in the North Stand today, in the "sitters" area :( . Saw a few Stewards telling those to sit down behind the goal, but not one occasion where anything was said to the away Supporters.

Whatever the reason they have dreamt up for getting us to sit down, surely the same applies to away supporters. Definitely a sense of the Stewards feeling more empowered than in the Old WHL.. Hopefully, it will pass and we can go back to how it was. Always thought it was a nice relationship between stewards and crowd before.

Was over in the North Stand today, in the "sitters" area :( . Saw a few Stewards telling those to sit down behind the goal, but not one occasion where anything was said to the away Supporters.

Whatever the reason they have dreamt up for getting us to sit down, surely the same applies to away supporters. Definitely a sense of the Stewards feeling more empowered than in the Old WHL.. Hopefully, it will pass and we can go back to how it was. Always thought it was a nice relationship between stewards and crowd before.
Yep the crowd all used to mock the head steward. He would walk past the park lane and get told to sit down. All friendly and playful. He even started chants on a few occasions.

Yep the crowd all used to mock the head steward. He would walk past the park lane and get told to sit down. All friendly and playful. He even started chants on a few occasions.

Yes, I remember on many occasions the banter with him. Wasn't he S28 ?

Try some banter with some of this new lot and they are likely to Pepper Spray you !!

There was one absolute wanker in a trench coat who I saw stood in at least 4 different stands giving it the big "Frankie Fryer" act. Obviously completely gacked up, mouthing off to everyone and anyone about standing up. Sorry if that was any of you lot! Didn't exactly help our case though as that's not the way to handle yourself.
I think that's my mate. I will have a word with him hahah

I felt like the stewards didn't really need to tell people to sit down either, people were making it easy for them. Once the front row sits down then it's game over as it'll be a ripple effect.
I was in row 14 Park Lane, so in the railed seating. Most of us stood for the whole game, although some stewards were telling people to sit down in the first half - some obliged but not if they were further from the gangway.
Thought the atmosphere was okay given the opposition; I think it gets diluted because all the 'hard core' are spread out over a big area. Clearly there's a lot of new fans as well who maybe don't get it just yet.

I was in row 14 Park Lane, so in the railed seating. Most of us stood for the whole game, although some stewards were telling people to sit down in the first half - some obliged but not if they were further from the gangway.
Thought the atmosphere was okay given the opposition; I think it gets diluted because all the 'hard core' are spread out over a big area. Clearly there's a lot of new fans as well who maybe don't get it just yet.

Yeah I’m baffled that that’s happening even in the railed area. I kind of expected back where I am that people might sit but after the first two games was hoping it might not be the case! Yeah was saying that to my mate about everyone being spread out. Don’t think the pricing has helped either as people have been pushed further back that might have traditionally stood in PL lower.

Fingers crossed this is just a show of face by spurs and it’ll settle down to as it was before at WHL.

I would say it was the quietest of the 3 games at the new ground today but 12.30 kick offs always have a flat atmosphere. That said had this been at Wembley I reckon you'd have been looking at 25k, in that context this was a world better.

I am in the new South Stand upper part, I think there are some teething issues.

Crowd management around the market place looks over subscribed.

The bottom fill beer - the machines are not working quickly enough and you can see staff wiping the drain trays because they need to be clear for the next cup, the staff either need a bit more training on the kit or they need more taps.

They can't seem to deliver beer quickly enough, they might also benefit by splitting queues, an alcohol only queue and a food queue where you can order drinks, so that folks ordering drinks can be served quicker.

The concourse area feels too small at the moment, so it's a bit of a bun fight getting around the ground, in the closed season they need to look at ways of optimising the space because there isn't room enough for standing with a drink and letting people get to their seats.

Inside the ground the experience is excellent, great seats, wonderful atmosphere and really is a special stadium. Also the food I have tried so far has been superb and not priced ridiculously either, it really is an impressive new home but they need.

Imagine if the Trust has spent the last 8 months trying to sort out some communication with the club over issues such as standing etc.......instead of going to the press and complaining about ticket prices, and telling fans to boycott games in MK for “our brothers Wimbledon”

:harrysmile:

Imagine if the Trust has spent the last 8 months trying to sort out some communication with the club over issues such as standing etc.......instead of going to the press and complaining about ticket prices, and telling fans to boycott games in MK for “our brothers Wimbledon”

My guess would be the trust was in some way involved in us having the rails in PL lower. Or at least discussed this.

Maybe get Flav Flav to ask the question.....

Probably doing both

First visit today. Very much enjoyed it, quick look in the shop, seated my mum then met my cuz for a swift pint before the game and another quick neck oil at halftime. Could almost see the white of the fans in the opposing end, I think it feels smaller than I was expecting due to the fans being so close to the pitch. Honestly thought it was outstanding. Back home with a very croaky voice, mostly after singing sissoko songs. He was great today. About the standing... understand where people are coming from but my mum is 73, been going for 50+ years and can’t stand up all game. I think she has the right to watch the game as much as anyone. The club should allow standing but only in certain areas. For kids and old people it’s not a good experience. You can’t expect parents to have kids on their shoulders all game. My back is fucked from having my eight year old on my shoulder for a firework display.

Only teething problem was the guards checking tickets for the area we were sitting in before the security gates, was just an unnecessary queue. Rest was awesome

First visit today. Very much enjoyed it, quick look in the shop, seated my mum then met my cuz for a swift pint before the game and another quick neck oil at halftime. Could almost see the white of the fans in the opposing end, I think it feels smaller than I was expecting due to the fans being so close to the pitch. Honestly thought it was outstanding. Back home with a very croaky voice, mostly after singing sissoko songs. He was great today. About the standing... understand where people are coming from but my mum is 73, been going for 50+ years and can’t stand up all game. I think she has the right to watch the game as much as anyone. The club should allow standing but only in certain areas. For kids and old people it’s not a good experience. You can’t expect parents to have kids on their shoulders all game. My back is fucked from having my eight year old on my shoulder for a firework display.

Only teething problem was the guards checking tickets for the area we were sitting in before the security gates, was just an unnecessary queue. Rest was awesome
Bit of a mischaracterisation of the argument. No one is saying people should stand up all game everywhere in the stadium. I'd suggest large parts of the south stand (standing or not) are not suitable for someone who is 73 anyway (unless of course they are particularly fit).

Back
Top Bottom