Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good win-professional performance.
Pray for winksy! Would be really tough next cupla games without him.
Moura just has to start with son wednesday-fuck leaving him on the bench to be an impact sub, them two on the break could and should be brilliant and exactly what we need when we know very well whats coming.
Best players on the pitch please. Llorente should be the late sub.

I know Huddersfield were utter shite but Wanyama was a massive positive today. 63/77 passes (most of anyone ahead of the back3), 4 tackles (joint most of anyone), scored a cracking goal too.

If that was Sissoko this place would be full of cultists sucking each other into a frenzy.

Very poor opposition but the best 90 big Vic’s had for a very long time. Be nice to see him get some games now if he can stay fit, next the Winks, could be a nice balance.
Definitely and even though like you say the opposition was poor, his most recent 90 minutes have been in cups against even worse opposition from lower leagues(and he was poor in them).

So him performing that well is a massive positive, also we he was good in the last 10 against Man City.

Brilliant from Poch!! 7 changes made, means we go away to City with over half the team rested for a week, remains to see who Pep puts out tomorrow, but suspect that Palace away will be tougher ask on his side that Huddersfield were for us today, plus we get the extra day's rest for those like Eriksen/Llrois/Vertonghen/Sissoko who will probably start!!

4-0 flattered Huddersfield today should have been double figures with Llorente also on a hat-trick!

Great to see big Vic out playing a full 90 and I thought he was great today. Sissoko another truly great performance. Llorente was also superb, how I wish that volley didn't hit the crossbar, that would have been a contender for goal of the season, especially with the skill from the wonder boy Foyth, what a baller this kid is!! Well played Lucas, a couple of very well taken gaols hit so early that they beat a well-positioned 'keeper.

Well played too KWP.

Thought the crowd was very good today, I was expecting it to be shit given the come down from midweek and it being an early KO against cack.

I know Huddersfield were utter shite but Wanyama was a massive positive today. 63/77 passes (most of anyone ahead of the back3), 4 tackles (joint most of anyone), scored a cracking goal too.

If that was Sissoko this place would be full of cultists sucking each other into a frenzy.

Very poor opposition but the best 90 big Vic’s had for a very long time. Be nice to see him get some games now if he can stay fit, next to Winks, could be a nice balance.
Eh?

Everyone is waxing lyrical about Vic.

Most people are happy with both players today because they don’t have agendas. You needed to go and read a graph before you could be sure Wanyama even played well.

I bet you’re gutted Sissoko got an assist.
How can you even show your face after claiming Sissoko and Eriksen play the same position.

Desperate nob is desperate

Very poor opposition but the best 90 big Vic’s had for a very long time. Be nice to see him get some games now if he can stay fit, next to Winks, could be a nice balance.

You couldnt just rightly praise Wanyama without making a Sissoko dig could you, you fat fucking dungbean. Fuck off.

Gotta say, fair play to them... walked along the High Road with a couple of 'Terriers'... wished them well for next season.
They were thoroughly polite and gracious in defeat... (unlike we'd have been had we lost!)

It's refreshing, and genuinely uplifting to share a love of football and a handshake with a pair of Yorkshire lads whom I've never met, and am unlikely to ever see again... without fear of being chased down an alleyway, or cracked over the head.

Fair play to the Huddersfield fans... they've had a shit season, and I wouldn't have blamed them for being bitter, or taking it out on the nearest 'swaggering' Cockney they saw... but they were gracious, polite, and dare I say, better behaved than WE'D have been if Spurs had just been relegated!

(Although there's a VAST difference of expectations, I realise!!
We'd rightly be pissed off if we'd just had the season Huddersfield have had!)

In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have given them the finger and screamed; "We'll never play you again.... LOSERS!"

I didn't do this btw!

Kane is joint top scorer at their ground..

Most people are happy with both players today because they don’t have agendas. You needed to go and read a graph before you could be sure Wanyama even played well.

I bet you’re gutted Sissoko got an assist.
How can you even show your face after claiming Sissoko and Eriksen play the same position.

Desperate nob is desperate

Why do you keep repeating this bullshit. Is it because everyone laughed at you for saying Sissoko was playing as a DM when he clearly wasn’t?

Sissoko and Eriksen were both playing as 8’s either side of Winks in Poch’s 41212 diamond.

I said they both had the remit of transitioning the ball, and Winks was holding.

Maybe you think if you keep spouting your silly bollocks, everyone will forget you kept telling us Eriksen’s (the PL’s most productive assister) shit every week and Sissoko’s (another massive 0 tackles/0 interceptions today against the mighty Huddersfield) a brilliant DM.

Fucking clueless plum.

Fabulous afternoon in the company of Mrs P who was kind enough to think of me when a friend's ST was going to be unused. Great to meet up with BigBolton Spurs and Bolton Spurs Jr. As well as Nutter Naylor. Sadly missed out on the chance to meet 1882 though.
What a magnificent stadium they made for us! It's everything you could wish for, like an up market drinking and eating mall with a brilliant football stadium in it.
Pity there isn't a kebab House in it though!

Game was what you'd expect, with powerful performances from Sissoko, Moura, and JV and great support from Vic and some good hold up play from Nando.
Eriksen continues to be a lacklustre performer, seemingly incapable of taking corners, free kicks and at various stages of the game completing routine passes. He did however cover a lot of ground and made intelligent runs, only to be ignored. He took some deserved cursing from our section of the stadium. He really does look like he's halfway gone.
Mention in dispatches for Foyth, who again showed coolness under pressure and some good interceptions and tackles/blocks.

Lovely touch at the end with baby Lucas

Back
Top Bottom