Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today on Tuttosport, Turin's sports newspaper and very much in line with Juventus and Turin, there was an article praising Totthenam as a symbol of English football. It was remarked that between Spurs and City he won who had more English players on the field. Among the other Spurs as a block for the English national team.

At the same time, he criticizes Guardiola, whose value and esteem are not discussed, but the lack of results in CL in so many years.

Let’s not lie now shall we or do you are to show examples of this. This question is almost never asked, the narravtive is virtually always the same. This is a golden period for the club ( with endless references back to 90s) and that somehow we have seemingly progressed on from such dated concept such as winning domestic cup tournaments. The solution is always CL revenues and it does nothing other than just highlight the ignorance of those who espouse this.

Define not quite good enough? How is Kane not quite good enough? How is Ali and Eriksen not quite good enough? Or Lloris, or Vertongen, Alderwield, Son, Dembele Walker? Most of these players would walk in the worlds top sides over the last few years . I haven’t once said Pochettino is shit, what I have said is that he is the weak link in the chain much like Redknapp was before . He is not a top level manager and it is highly unlikely that he ever will be at this age. Has the football been excellent? Yes, have the achieved the clubs best league positions in years? Yes. But the exact same was said with Jol and then Redknapp. This side is rapidly heading towards the ‘87 team status but seemingly this is brilliant because as long as the football is good and as long as we are talked about in the same breath as the elite sides then that is all that matters. Who cares about winning stuff hey?

You blame Poch because our talented team hasnt won trophies under him.
A) Poch didnt wake up one morning with the team in place. At a time when we famously underpay compared to the market, he has aided recruitment and retention of our star players, he has improved others thro coaching and man management.
B) You also need luck when winning trophies eg look at City’s oppositions in their cup rans this year, look at Chelscum luck in winning the Champs League (Barca and Bayern miss penalties), look who woolwich got to play in recent FA Cup finals. In contrast We’ve played semi finals against top teams, we struck the post, gave away costly free kicks / penalty and been punished for stupid mistakes. One day under Poch that will change.
C) Wenger won 3 cups in recent years, but he was shite for them. He took them from being a regular top 4 team to Europa league also rans, whilst Poch has led us to Champ league and challenging for the Premier League. I never foresaw that happening.
D) The best manager of all time (Ferguson) won nothing at Utd for years and he didn’t have to compete with teams funded by Billionaires.

You blame Poch because our talented team hasnt won trophies under him.
A) Poch didnt wake up one morning with the team in place. At a time when we famously underpay compared to the market, he has aided recruitment and retention of our star players, he has improved others thro coaching and man management.
B) You also need luck when winning trophies eg look at City’s oppositions in their cup rans this year, look at Chelscum luck in winning the Champs League (Barca and Bayern miss penalties), look who woolwich got to play in recent FA Cup finals. In contrast We’ve played semi finals against top teams, we struck the post, gave away costly free kicks / penalty and been punished for stupid mistakes. One day under Poch that will change.
C) Wenger won 3 cups in recent years, but he was shite for them. He took them from being a regular top 4 team to Europa league also rans, whilst Poch has led us to Champ league and challenging for the Premier League. I never foresaw that happening.
D) The best manager of all time (Ferguson) won nothing at Utd for years and he didn’t have to compete with teams funded by Billionaires.

A) He walked into a club that had Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane on the books and one that had a director of football model which resulted in finding Dier and Ali for him. That structure has been removed and just look how much of a disaster our scouting policy has been since.

B) Please - this is professional sport - they don’t rely on ‘luck’. You don’t win multiple trophies by luck which is what the likes of Woolwich, United, City and Chelsea have done during his tenure. And it isn’t down to bad luck that we keep losing to the first decent team in the domestic tournaments of the UEFA cup. The derisory attitude that our coaching staff have towards the tournaments that best represent our best chance of success accounts for why we have lost to Palace (twice) and Leicester in the FA Cup. The whole luck argument is the biggest nonsense of them all.

3). And there is the point an Woolwich side that had been in decline for years were still able to win 3 FA cups on their way down but we haven’t been able to win anything ( and not even come close really) whilst on our way up. Pochettino took us into the CL but so did Redknapp - so what? What has that resulted in for the club?

4) The most successful manager got the United job because he broke the Rangers/ Celtic duopoly with Aberdeen and also won a European trophy beating Real Madrid in the final. And he did have to contend with rich benefactors - he had to deal with the first in Jack Walker who really was the first of this kind and then with Sir John Hall at Newcastle who smashed transfer record after transfer record.

So a team that includes all of those players, some of the worlds best, has reached a league cup semi ( lost to a mediocre Chelsea side as well) and have qualified for the CL over a period ( again something mediocre Woolwich sides have done) we should be pleased with that? But remember the ‘90s hey right stevee?

Did I? Link the posts were I said they would definitely leave if a club came in for them. They must exist otherwise you wouldnt have made such a claim. Does that include every club as well?

Quantify this benefit then please, outline exactly what these benefits translate into. The club was in the 6th biggest club in the league in 2006 by revenue and in 2019 it remains the 6th biggest club in the league in 2019. That means 5 other clubs have a greater spending capacity than us 2 of which have billionaire benefactors and 1 is light years ahead of us financially. Explain that to me. Also which players have we signed that we couldn’t have previously? Jansen, Sissoko, GKN, Sanchez? Why couldn’t we get a Championship player over the line last summer? Why didn’t we sign a single player over two windows when we have consistent CL football?

I suspect I might be waiting a while on this.
If you think that I'm going to trawl through pages and pages of posts to try and find one of yours, then you are more deluded than I thought.
But I remember one your posts where you said that players move for money and CL football has nothing to do with it.
If we are in the CL then we can afford to pay more in wages so those players are less likely to leave.
I won't be able to find the actual post because unlike you (as I've nothing to hide) I haven't stopped people seeing my old posts.

The Benefits of CL participation is really very simple.
We have increased our turnover by nearly £100m to £306m,
This does not mean that we can compete with other clubs on a financial level, fuck them,

But what it does mean is, we can;
Buy better players
Pay better wages
Which in turn means that we can hopefully get some silverware in the future.

Players we have signed that we couldn't have previously ?
We are talking FUTURE transfers that will benefit us not past ones.

Why didn't we sign a player over the last 2 windows ?

TBH I don't know, you would have to ask Levy, Poch etc, but I suspect it might have something to do with the new stadium.

Let me tell you what people see when one of your posts come up, and I'm being deadly serious here.

Post by The Hood

"I know that the Poch is not good enough. Why ? because I say so and you're all going to be sorry when I'm proved right.
You're all a bunch of happy clappers and even though most people on this site disagree with me, I'M STILL FUCKING RIGHT.

All the pundits that know a lot more than me about football are COMPLETELY WRONG when they say that Poch is doing a great job, cos I'M FUCKING RIGHT AND THEY'RE ALL WRONG.

And all the media that say Poch is fantastic due to what he has achieved under such budgetary restrictions are all WRONG, Why ? Because I'm The Hood and I KNOW MORE THAN ALL THOSE DELUDED FOOLS BECAUSE I@M FUCKING RIGHT....DO YOU HEAR ME......I'M FUCKING RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS FUCKING WRONG.

And anyone who disagrees with me are part of a cabal that's against me because I CAN'T BE WRONG.....EVER and it's all part of a group think of people that have been brainwashed into believing the hype about Poch, well, let me tell you they're ALL FUCKING WRONG COS I'M FUUUUUCKIIIINNNG RIIIIIIGHT.......GOT THAT YOU FUCKING DELUDED BUNCH OF HAPPY CLAPPERS, BRAINWASHED, UNABLE TO THINK FOR YOURSELVES, CABAL CUNTS.
AND YOU'LL BE SORRY WHEN I'M PROVED RIGHT
"

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Wow. All this hate for The Hood! You guys should give him a break, he’s like an articulate Ralph Wiggum.

I guess the lack of self awareness stops him being hurt... but think on this... what Hood calls “Group Think” is actually the coming together of all peoples of the board. Including those who would otherwise be deep in the pits of Cuntoffery. I’ve even seen Baz like one of Joe’s posts.

Rejoice for Hood the Reconciler!

A) He walked into a club that had Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane on the books and one that had a director of football model which resulted in finding Dier and Ali for him. That structure has been removed and just look how much of a disaster our scouting policy has been since.

B) Please - this is professional sport - they don’t rely on ‘luck’. You don’t win multiple trophies by luck which is what the likes of Woolwich, United, City and Chelsea have done during his tenure. And it isn’t down to bad luck that we keep losing to the first decent team in the domestic tournaments of the UEFA cup. The derisory attitude that our coaching staff have towards the tournaments that best represent our best chance of success accounts for why we have lost to Palace (twice) and Leicester in the FA Cup. The whole luck argument is the biggest nonsense of them all.

3). And there is the point an Woolwich side that had been in decline for years were still able to win 3 FA cups on their way down but we haven’t been able to win anything ( and not even come close really) whilst on our way up. Pochettino took us into the CL but so did Redknapp - so what? What has that resulted in for the club?

4) The most successful manager got the United job because he broke the Rangers/ Celtic duopoly with Aberdeen and also won a European trophy beating Real Madrid in the final. And he did have to contend with rich benefactors - he had to deal with the first in Jack Walker who really was the first of this kind and then with Sir John Hall at Newcastle who smashed transfer record after transfer record.
FFS - squash this gooner once and for all

There was one Doris who had a Liverpool polo shirt on and they claim that other clubs fans can get tickets.. they are desperate to try and make out our stadium has the same problems as theirs.

It’s all so predictable.

Spurs stadium looks like the Emirates
Spurs wont play CL football there this season
Spurs stadium looks like a toilet seat
Spurs stadium will hinder them for two years
Spurs shouldnt be allowed home
Its just another ground
Atmosphere wont improve
Just like Wembley

:memeokay:

Errrrrrrrr
Other fans are taking over the ground in colours

:cunt:

Just realised that this game is probably the last time we will ever have seen DESK on the same pitch.

tenor.gif

Wow. All this hate for The Hood! You guys should give him a break, he’s like an articulate Ralph Wiggum.

I guess the lack of self awareness stops him being hurt... but think on this... what Hood calls “Group Think” is actually the coming together of all peoples of the board. Including those who would otherwise be deep in the pits of Cuntoffery. I’ve even seen Baz like one of Joe’s posts.

Rejoice for Hood the Reconciler!
Not sure how you think that making himself appear to be the biggest bell end in the history of the internet is bringing us all together - its really just proof that he actually does appear to be the biggest bell end in the history of the internet.

I would have thought that he comes across more as a semi literate minion, rather than Ralph Wiggum, who at least can induce moments of humour.

There was one Doris who had a Liverpool polo shirt on and they claim that other clubs fans can get tickets.. they are desperate to try and make out our stadium has the same problems as theirs.

It’s all so predictable.
like anyone from another club would go and watch WH if their team wasn't playing there.
Unless they want to test their new binoculars

Back
Top Bottom