Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet here you are on the Fighting Cock forum.
right here you could have taken the decision to engage me sensibly... but no, you choose the facetious way out. Typical of what i'm getting at. You don't want to have reasonable discussions - you're deliberately inflammatory, then moan that no one is prepared to listen.

right here you could have taken the decision to engage me sensibly... but no, you choose the facetious way out. Typical of what i'm getting at. You don't want to have reasonable discussions - you're deliberately inflammatory, then moan that no one is prepared to listen.

Ok let’s pretend that this about me. I would have more respect if you just admitted that you couldn’t answer the point than get all prissy about an absence of civility when only a few posts before another poster was claiming someone brought nothing to the people around him and would die alone.

Ok let’s pretend that this about me. I would have more respect if you just admitted that you couldn’t answer the point than get all prissy about an absence of civility when only a few posts before another poster was claiming someone brought nothing to the people around him and would die alone.
i'd have to know who it was aimed at to decide if it was reasonable.

I’ve answered the point many times.
So have I, but then you just get.

"Blah...blah...blah,,,,,,, trophies,,,,,,, blah blah blah,,,,silverware,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,Poch not good enough,,,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not taking cups seriously,,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,silverware,,,,,,,,,but hey, some people are happy with not winning cups,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,but hey,we won the finances cup,,,,,,,blah blah bah"

All this despite playing our first team, with the possible exception of Hugo, who some people wanted dropped anyway, in the LC semi finals vs Chelsea and qualifying for the CL for a number of years.

This the fella that said Poch would leave if another club came in for him, along with Kane, Dele etc,etc,etc.

He is also deluded enough to believe that being in the CL and the money, prestige etc that it brings is of little or no benefit to us as a club.

So have I, but then you just get.

"Blah...blah...blah,,,,,,, trophies,,,,,,, blah blah blah,,,,silverware,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,Poch not good enough,,,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not taking cups seriously,,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,silverware,,,,,,,,,but hey, some people are happy with not winning cups,,,,,,blah blah blah,,,,,,but hey,we won the finances cup,,,,,,,blah blah bah"

All this despite playing our first team, with the possible exception of Hugo, who some people wanted dropped anyway, in the LC semi finals vs Chelsea and qualifying for the CL for a number of years.

This the fella that said Poch would leave if another club came in for him, along with Kane, Dele etc,etc,etc.

He is also deluded enough to believe that being in the CL and the money, prestige etc that it brings is of little or no benefit to us as a club.
There's a thing called the Ignore button for this situation.

So a team that includes all of those players, some of the worlds best, has reached a league cup semi ( lost to a mediocre Chelsea side as well) and have qualified for the CL over a period ( again something mediocre Woolwich sides have done) we should be pleased with that? But remember the ‘90s hey right stevee?

Did I? Link the posts were I said they would definitely leave if a club came in for them. They must exist otherwise you wouldnt have made such a claim. Does that include every club as well?

Quantify this benefit then please, outline exactly what these benefits translate into. The club was in the 6th biggest club in the league in 2006 by revenue and in 2019 it remains the 6th biggest club in the league in 2019. That means 5 other clubs have a greater spending capacity than us 2 of which have billionaire benefactors and 1 is light years ahead of us financially. Explain that to me. Also which players have we signed that we couldn’t have previously? Jansen, Sissoko, GKN, Sanchez? Why couldn’t we get a Championship player over the line last summer? Why didn’t we sign a single player over two windows when we have consistent CL football?

I suspect I might be waiting a while on this.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom