Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saying when someone is good when they are good doesn’t make saying they are shit when they aren’t any righter (or less of an agenda). It just makes you another hypocritical twit who doesn’t know his arse from his fucking elbow on a football forum.

I said Sissoko had a decent game (by his standards- and even the player himself acknowledges his own qualities - see his thread) against Palace. I haven’t given a single appraisal of his performance against City yet, that hasn’t seem to stop the cult of Sissoko numpty fan club piping up with their opinions of my (non existent) critique.

What sort of super fan is more obsessed with scoring non existent interweb points about their favourite player than they are about just enjoying a great night.

“Sissoko had a decent game

By his standards “

You just don’t get just how ridiculous you sound on this subject do you?

Saying when someone is good when they are good doesn’t make saying they are shit when they aren’t any righter (or less of an agenda). It just makes you another hypocritical twit who doesn’t know his arse from his fucking elbow on a football forum.

It’s clear you have no idea what an agenda is.
Because my views are not one sided.....how can it be an agenda.
Sometimes I think Eriksen is poor, even if you don’t. But sometimes I think he’s world class.

You think Sissoko is ALWAYS poor even when 99.9% of the world thinks he has a blinder.
You have gone so far in with your faux expert analysis that you can never say he’s been good.
That’s an agenda and that’s why you can never fully enjoy games like the City one.

Sissoko playing shit would please you.

I said Sissoko had a decent game (by his standards- and even the player himself acknowledges his own qualities - see his thread) against Palace. I haven’t given a single appraisal of his performance against City yet, that hasn’t seem to stop the cult of Sissoko numpty fan club piping up with their opinions of my (non existent) critique.
That’s why I said you can’t give praise unbegrudgingly, so thanks for confirming it here.
Me and Bazali we’re supporting Sissoko 3yrs ago..we don’t give a fuck for hipster opinions, you’re the one who needs websites to judge a player not me.
Maybe you feel inferior that you didn’t see the footballer when others did....goes against your self imposed status as the games ultimate thinker I guess.

What sort of super fan is more obsessed with scoring non existent interweb points about their favourite player than they are about just enjoying a great night.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game and in particular Sissoko bossing Fernandinho and Eriksen looking like a player that could walk into Real Madrid tomorrow.

No obsession, no agenda....all Tottenham for me.

Now we all know you can’t say the same don’t we.

It’s clear you have no idea what an agenda is.
Because my views are not one sided.....how can it be an agenda.
Sometimes I think Eriksen is poor, even if you don’t. But sometimes I think he’s world class.

You think Sissoko is ALWAYS poor even when 99.9% of the world thinks he has a blinder.
You have gone so far in with your faux expert analysis that you can never say he’s been good.
That’s an agenda and that’s why you can never fully enjoy games like the City one.

Sissoko playing shit would please you.

That’s why I said you can’t give praise unbegrudgingly, so thanks for confirming it here.
Me and Bazali we’re supporting Sissoko 3yrs ago..we don’t give a fuck for hipster opinions, you’re the one who needs websites to judge a player not me.
Maybe you feel inferior that you didn’t see the footballer when others did....goes against your self imposed status as the games ultimate thinker I guess.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and in particular Sissoko bossing Fernandinho and Eriksen looking like a player that could walk into Real Madrid tomorrow.

No obsession, no agenda....all Tottenham for me.

Now we all know you can’t say the same don’t we.
We are all Tottenham, we have to be to navigate this new website!

you keep flinging out "groupthink" but its equally, if not more relevant, just isolated your view is. In any form of analysis you'd be seen as outlier data and be generally disregarded as an anomaly.

You wont see this, but you're basically as pointless as the people you criticize.

Ah the ‘anomaly’ aka otherwise known as the inconvenient truth. The issue here isn’t my position it is the question being asked. Hence the abuse, hence the yellow cards, hence hysterics. The notion that ‘anomalies’ or in-essence minority viewpoints have no merit and should be disregarded for being such is laughably ignorant.

If my position that the limitation of our coaches and the prioritisation of revenues over silverware isn’t actually at fault , what do you believe has caused one of the clubs longest ever spells without silverware whilst it has had one of its most talented sides.

Ah the ‘anomaly’ aka otherwise know as the inconvenient truth. The issue here isn’t my position is the question being asked. Hence the abuse, hence the yellow cards, hence hysterics.

If my position that the limitation of our coaches and the prioritisation of revenues over silverware isn’t actually at fault , what do you believe has caused one of the clubs longest ever spells without silverware whilst it has had one of its most talented sides.
its unbelievably arrogant of you to think you're somehow the only person out of 1000s that can see the "truth", whatever you purport that to be.

Ah the ‘anomaly’ aka otherwise known as the inconvenient truth. The issue here isn’t my position it is the question being asked. Hence the abuse, hence the yellow cards, hence hysterics. The notion that ‘anomalies’ or in-essence minority viewpoints have no merit and should be disregarded for being such is laughably ignorant.

When you actually post something intelligent, I am sure we will all listen.

But you post nothing but shite.

You're not a spurs fan, and I doubt you have watched a game of football in your life.

Just fuck off because nobody here gives a flying fuck what you have to say.

You're another clueless, mindless fuck who knows nothing about football.

You bring nothing to this forum, and you bring nothing to the lives of the people around you. You're a soulless waster, destined to live and die alone.

Fuck off.

its unbelievably arrogant of you to think you're somehow the only person out of 1000s that can see the "truth", whatever you purport that to be.

Seemingly I’m the person actually willing to ask the question and to actually put forward a rationale for this.

And I noticed you sidestepped the question again . How do you account for this failure then? Why when we have built a team equal to its peers in terms of talent but have failed to match them in terms of silverware? Why have inferior sides like Woolwich and United won multiple trophies in this era and we have not?

Last edited:
Why have inferior sides like Woolwich and United won multiple trophies in this era and we have not?

Inferior sides based on League position? I think you’ve answered your own question there. Our priorities aren’t the cups, they are regular European football in the world’s biggest club competition.

And drop the ‘poor me’ line - it’s pathetic.

When you actually post something intelligent, I am sure we will all listen.

But you post nothing but shite.

You're not a spurs fan, and I doubt you have watched a game of football in your life.

Just fuck off because nobody here gives a flying fuck what you have to say.

Ahh the goat - the sage who thinks it is wise to threaten stabbings and violence against people on the internet in the UK in 2019.

Seemingly I’m the person actually willing to ask the question and to actually put forward a rationale for this.

And I noticed you sidestepped the question again . How do you account for this failure then? Why when we have built a team equal to its peers in terms of talent but have matched them in terms of silverware? Why have inferior sides like Woolwich and United won multiple trophies in this era and we have not?
you're not. You just ignore those who do and argue that we're all groupthinkers unable to criticize or ask questions. A quick search of my posts will find me doing both. I see lots of people asking these questions.

The difference between me/others and you is that despite not winning trophies we still appreciate the standard and quality of football we've seen over the past few years.

For you the lack of trophies outweigh this and Poch is therefore shit.

I'm not side stepping the question - its just obvious...accounting for it is simple - we've not quite been good enough - this is obvious and no one is denying this - there is no abstract concept here so i dont know what answer you're looking for. For you this undoes all the good work Poch has put in and what we've achieved in getting to the level we have. Its ridiculous in my opinion to negate all this because we haven't yet picked up a trophy. Thats how most see it.

you're not. You just ignore those who do and argue that we're all groupthinkers unable to criticize or ask questions. A quick search of my posts will find me doing both. I see lots of people asking these questions.

The difference between me/others and you is that despite not winning trophies we still appreciate the standard and quality of football we've seen over the past few years.

For you the lack of trophies outweigh this and Poch is therefore shit.

I'm not side stepping the question - its just obvious...accounting for it is simple - we've not quite been good enough - this is obvious and no one is denying this - there is no abstract concept here so i dont know what answer you're looking for. For you this undoes all the good work Poch has put in and what we've achieved in getting to the level we have. Its ridiculous in my opinion to negate all this because we haven't yet picked up a trophy. Thats how most see it.

Let’s not lie now shall we or do you are to show examples of this. This question is almost never asked, the narravtive is virtually always the same. This is a golden period for the club ( with endless references back to 90s) and that somehow we have seemingly progressed on from such dated concept such as winning domestic cup tournaments. The solution is always CL revenues and it does nothing other than just highlight the ignorance of those who espouse this.

Define not quite good enough? How is Kane not quite good enough? How is Ali and Eriksen not quite good enough? Or Lloris, or Vertongen, Alderwield, Son, Dembele Walker? Most of these players would walk in the worlds top sides over the last few years . I haven’t once said Pochettino is shit, what I have said is that he is the weak link in the chain much like Redknapp was before . He is not a top level manager and it is highly unlikely that he ever will be at this age. Has the football been excellent? Yes, have the achieved the clubs best league positions in years? Yes. But the exact same was said with Jol and then Redknapp. This side is rapidly heading towards the ‘87 team status but seemingly this is brilliant because as long as the football is good and as long as we are talked about in the same breath as the elite sides then that is all that matters. Who cares about winning stuff hey?

Let’s not lie now shall we or do you are to show examples of this. This question is almost never asked, the narravtive is virtually always the same. This is a golden period for the club ( with endless references back to 90s) and that somehow we have seemingly progressed on from such dated concept such as winning domestic cup tournaments. The solution is always CL revenues and it does nothing other than just highlight the ignorance of those who espouse this.

Define not quite good enough? How is Kane not quite good enough? How is Ali and Eriksen not quite good enough? Or Lloris, or Vertongen, Alderwield, Son, Dembele Walker? Most of these players would walk in the worlds top sides over the last few years . I haven’t once said Pochettino is shit, what I have said is that he is the weak link in the chain much like Redknapp was before . He is not a top level manager and it is highly unlikely that he ever will be at this age. Has the football been excellent? Yes, have the achieved the clubs best league positions in years? Yes. But the exact same was said with Jol and then Redknapp. This side is rapidly heading towards the ‘87 team status but seemingly this is brilliant because as long as the football is good and as long as we are talked about in the same breath as the elite sides then that is all that matters. Who cares about winning stuff hey?
its posts like this that just prove the point. It's the startling arrogance and the sarcastic undertone which is why people take issue with you. I couldn't give a shit about your "points" - when you put them across in such odious manner, in makes me disinterested in everything you have to say.

its posts like this that just prove the point. It's the startling arrogance and the sarcastic undertone which is why people take issue with you. I couldn't give a shit about your "points" - when you put them across in such odious manner, in makes me disinterested in everything you have to say.

And on cue the defection tactic is employed - quick make it about him and not the point being discussed.

And on cue the defection tactic is employed - quick make it about him and not the point being discussed.
it is about you mate, that's the point. Be a little less repellent and i'll happily engage with you. Accuse me of lying and call everyone ignorant and weave sarcasm through every post and i won't. I wouldnt give anyone like that the time of day, regardless of what we;re discussing.

it is about you mate, that's the point. Be a little less repellent and i'll happily engage with you. Accuse me of lying and call everyone ignorant and weave sarcasm through every post and i won't. I wouldnt give anyone like that the time of day, regardless of what we;re discussing.

And yet here you are on the Fighting Cock forum.

Back
Top Bottom